MVC "apologist"

ACE

Valley game was #3 seed v. #6 - Illinois State v. Indiana State. Ken Pom RPI 91 v. Ken Pom RPI 141

A10 #3 seed is Richmond (Ken Pom RPI 46) and #6 seed is Charlotte (Ken Pom RPI 97). Big difference.

Duquesne v. St. Bonaventure would be our (A10) seeds #8 v. #9. That game is not going to happen, but if it did, Duquesne is RPI 137 and St. Bona is RPI 139 - both of which are HIGHER than the Valley's #6 seed - Indiana State at RPI 141!! :lol:

What's your point again MB? Too bad the facts don't back you up!! :lol:

Your point seemed to be that there were some dogs to watch in the MVC. Ill St. vs Indiana St.

BUT the A-10 has MORE dogs than MVC this yr... (6) Forham, Mass, St. Joe, LaSalle, St Bonn, GW all > 138 RPI. They are ca-ca.

MVC just has (3) SIU, Drake, Evansville > 138

Also, Ill St has been solid for years, better than Richmond over last seveal yrs, though not this yr

RPI is not a perfect indicator of team strength; there are mathematical anomolies all over the place.

MVC has had as good or better RPI averaged than the A-10 last 6-7 yrs... though this yr A-10 is better RPI wise. Do your research, it is true.

Next year could be the other way around, who knows, several A-10 teams are losing key seniors and Dayton will have some leave early for the draft.

Teams go up and down in mid major leagues; a few yrs ago St. Joe and GW were nails. SO was Drake. Veery volitile. A-10 lovers are over celebrating.

SO gloat this yr, fine, but over all your argument does not hold water.

A-10 will probably get 3 NCAA's... will MVC get 2? If so, what is the big goddam difference since A-10 has 4 more teams (40%). :o

Hope 4th NCCA for A-10 is SLU... did the kids get back yet from Saturday game at Dayton on Air Biondi?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point seemed to be that there were some dogs to watch in the MVC. Ill St. vs Indiana St.

BUT the A-10 has MORE dogs than MVC this yr... (6) Forham, Mass, St. Joe, LaSalle, St Bonn, GW all > 138 RPI. They are ca-ca.

Also, Ill St has been solid for years, better than Richmond over last seveal yrs, though not this yr

RPI is not a perfect indicator of team strength; there are mathematical anomolies all over the place.

MVC has had as good or better RPI averaged than the A-10 last 6-7 yrs... though this yr A-10 is better RPI wise. Do your research, it is true.

Next year could be the other way around, who knows, several A-10 teams are losing key seniors and Dayton will have some leave early for the draft.

Teams go up and down in mid major leagues; a few yrs ago St. Joe and GW were nails. SO was Drake. Veery volitile. A-10 lovers are over celebrating.

A-10 will probably get 3 NCAA's... will MVC get 2? If so, what is the big goddam difference since A-10 has 4 more teams (40%). :o

Hope 4th NCCA for A-10 is SLU... did the kids get back yet from Saturday game at Dayton on Air Biondi?

This wouldn't even be an argument if the MVC didn't have 3 good seasons when SLU entered the A10, which was just beginning a stretch of 3 down seasons. People forget that right before the Big East swallowed up the powers of CUSA, the A10 had the likes of David West, Romain Sato, Lionel Chalmers, Delonte West, and Jameer Nelson, among others. Everyone went wild when the Valley got 2 to the Sweet 16 (and will never do it again) but doesn't seem to care that the A10 had 2 in the Elite 8 just a couple years prior, both of which were a single possession away from being in the Final 4.

The Atlantic 10 has 14 former players currently on NBA rosters.

The MVC has 3 (Kyle Korver, Anthony Parker, and Patrick O'Bryant).

Not only are the former rosters wildly disparate, the talent level right now is not even close. I'd love to see what the first team all-A10 would do to first team all-MVC.

I hate to break it to the people of St. Louis and the Valley towns, but outside of those places, the Valley is seen as irrelevant gets no coverage whatsoever. That's what happens with regional single-bid conferences. Why would anyone want us to be part of that instead of a conference that is getting the same number or more than a couple BCS conferences this year?

I'll tell you the reason why SLU will NEVER end up in the Missouri Valley Conference...and this does not reflect my personal views, it's merely the reason why I believe Father Biondi will NEVER allow such a move

Father Biondi is all about image. In terms of public relations, quality of the school, etc, he always wants SLU to be received well and ultimately be known nationally...

SLU's association with the Atlantic 10, imo, is as much about academics as it is with a higher profile sports affiliation...

According to US News and World Reports, the Atlantic 10 has 6 schools in the top 130 Universities in the country (GW-53, Fordham-61, SLU-88, UMass-106, Dayton-110, Duquesne-128)

In contrast, the Missouri Valley Conference has 0.

The Missouri Valley has great schools and I have nothing against them, and I'm not trying to say that the MVC is 'beneath' SLU, I'm just stating why I think Father B will bar any MVC move...

I'll tell you the reason why SLU will NEVER end up in the Missouri Valley Conference...and this does not reflect my personal views, it's merely the reason why I believe Father Biondi will NEVER allow such a move

Father Biondi is all about image. In terms of public relations, quality of the school, etc, he always wants SLU to be received well and ultimately be known nationally...

SLU's association with the Atlantic 10, imo, is as much about academics as it is with a higher profile sports affiliation...

According to US News and World Reports, the Atlantic 10 has 6 schools in the top 130 Universities in the country (GW-53, Fordham-61, SLU-88, UMass-106, Dayton-110, Duquesne-128)

In contrast, the Missouri Valley Conference has 0.

The Missouri Valley has great schools and I have nothing against them, and I'm not trying to say that the MVC is 'beneath' SLU, I'm just stating why I think Father B will bar any MVC move...

Great point. Sometimes I tend to look at it from a basketball-only standpoint (which is also a no-brainer), and forget we're talking about the whole institution.

A-10 will probably get 3 NCAA's... will MVC get 2? If so, what is the big goddam difference since A-10 has 4 more teams (40%). B)

MB73.

Not to be flippant, but it looks like the Valley has 9 dogs this year. No team in the Top 25. A 15 point blowout last night over your second best team (Witichita State)?? Please list all the signature wins by Witchita State. Loss to Pittsburgh and wins over TCU (RPI 177) and Texas Tech (RPI 91) - both at home?? 6 losses in the Valley (admittedly a down year) to schools like IL State, Creighton, Drake, N. Iowa, Evansville and Bradley. Since you appear to like percentages, that's 66.67% of the Valley Schools which beat your #2 team. Impressive!! :lol: