A 10 Tourny

victor

With a home game and a virtual guarantee into the quarters, does anyone else think we can win the tourney. We have shown we can play with anyone with Ellis in the lineup.

honestly i think we can make a run. however, it depends on which team shows up. it is one thing to get down by 10 at the 'fetz and stage a comeback. it is a whole other story to try to do that at a neutral court. in order to take the title we cant have any let ups, a free throws have to fall, we have to limit turnovers, and we CANNOT go on those skids towards the end of the first half that we always seem to go on

I definitely think the Bills can make a run; however, I think it depends on what happens these next 2 games--both mentally and physically. Temple is obviously a great team and it will take a very focused team to get the "W", but very reachable. But, if the Bills lose, it will be the second loss at home in 3 games and can be frustrating, especially when they were 14-1 at home before the stretch and lost a close game to X. Then to travel to Dayton is difficult. I have been to a SLU V. Dayton game in Dayton and that is a TOUGH place to play--I don't care who you are. It is loud and they fit a lot of people in there--and It will be packed! I went to the game over X-mas break a while back and even though the it was "break", there was a large student section. I think when we win the Dayton game, it will really set the tone for the tourney and give a big morale boost to the guys. It has been a very exciting time to be a Billiken fan and I can't wait to catch these last 2 games on the internet and see our Bills play hard and win big.

With a home game and a virtual guarantee into the quarters, does anyone else think we can win the tourney. We have shown we can play with anyone with Ellis in the lineup.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone in the A10 is head and shoulders better than the Billikens. I think they can play with anyone.

There is an admitted student and alumni reception before the game, and probably most people will stay for the game as well, so hopefully SLU will have at least a significant amount of representation. I completely plan on not having a voice left come saturday night...

I think Xavier on a neutral court might be too much. Although we came close to pulling off that game at home, they just have too many athletes and more size. I think we could potentially knock off any other team in the tournament.

I think any of the so-called upper tier teams can make a run --- number 21 through 3 notwitstanding.

We need a run and a win in the tourney to get the auto bid. The top three (Temple, Richmond and Xavier) are all in. In that scenario we'd be four and I think that's it for the A10.

Dayton was the preseason pick and could make a run. I am not so quick to agree that they are in the dance right now. They could lose to Richmond and ebat us. That would goive them a home game where they are tough in the tourney. But they then go to AC an dlose first time out --- I don't know. Make it to the finals and they are in.

Rhode Islandf is fading but a run is possible. Same too for Charlotte although I don't see that happenin gmuch either. Both can only go to the Dance the same way we would. too much freefall here at the end and one of them will lose tomorrow night as they play each other. If it's the 49ers, they could also be in disarray with Richmond coming in on Saturday. Win a home gam ein the youtney only tolose in AC and I don't see it.

Overlooked in all this is Duquesne. Once picked to do well, this could be sa classic redemption run. Hey, stranger things have happened. I think the A10 is looking at four, tops.

Dayton was the preseason pick and could make a run. I am not so quick to agree that they are in the dance right now.

Taj, you know somebody that thinks Dayton is in the tourney right now? If so, tell that person to lay off the pipe.

Go visit the flyers board....

Ha! You mean there are multiple people that believe it?!?

I guess I can see how such a thing can happen given there are those on here that believe SLU still has an at large chance but there is no way Dayton would be in as of right now...

Agreed, neither of us have much more than a sliver of hope at an at-large, and for both teams I'd say it would require winning out, making the A10 final, pretty much no conference tournament surprises, and a mircale on top of all of that. If the A10 is getting 4 in, X, Temple and Richmond better not win the tourney.