Where's AJ????

kshoe

About 3 month agos he guaranteed us the Big 12 would get more than 4 bids. Denied! Instead, the conference that AJ says is just a slightly better version of the MVC, the A-10, got the same amount. Come on this board and take your licks.

I don't think this is an aberration either, rather, this is a sea change going forward. There are more good players in more locations across this country than ever before. The 6-10/6'11 high school phenoms that gave the elite programs a decided advantage 7-8 years ago are going straight to the league now. If you can put a strong three guard attack on the floor, you are legitimate top 25 contender. If you can pluck a good 6'8 225 lb power forward from somewhere, a top 15 ranking is a realistic goal.

I think the comittee took the elitsm to a new level. They added more teams from CUSA, A-10 and downgraded the PAC 10 and Big 10 but w/ the exception of the Zags and St Joes the top 16 seeds are dominated by a couple conferences. 12 of the top 16 seeds are from 4 conferences. Half of the top 16 are from just two conferences. I cannot buy that.

The system is still heavily in favor of the ACC, Big 12, SEC etc. They threw some of the other conferences a bone and let us beat up on each other so it will still work out to be an ACC final four.

Most ridiculous are that CUSA a 6 bid league cannot get a team above a 4 seed? Wisconsin a top 10 and Big 10 champ gets a 6?????? While mediocre .500 ACC teams get top 4 seeds.

I'm not sure if Wisconsin could beat the bottom teams of the ACC, let alone any teams in the top 4. Duke, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Wake all deserve higher seeds than Wisconsin for the following reasons

1. All three Big 10 teams in the tournament lost their games to their aforementioned ACC foes. Michigan State got trounced by 20 at home by Duke. Illinois lost to UNC, and Big 10 tourney winner Wisconsin lost to ACC tourney winner Maryland.

2.Winning the Big 10 tourney is about as impressive as if the Billikens basketball team won the SLU intramural tourney. The fact is that the Big 10 is extraordinarily weak this year. Maryland winning the ACC tourney by beating Wake, NC State, and Duke on consecutive days is a much greater achievement.

3. The tourney selection committee chair is the Iowa AD, and they meet in Indianapolis, where the Big 10 tourney is that same weekend. If any conference should be favored, it would be the Big 10.

4. According to teamrankings.com, all six teams have a higher ranking. Most ACC teams have played around 20 games against top 50 RPI opponents, and 14 against top 25. Wisconsin has played 4 top 25 RPI, and 8 top 50.

Wisconsin's a decent team, but by no means do I think they could fair so much in the ACC, SEC, Big East, C-USA, or Big 12 south this year

The Atlantic 10 regularly gets 3 or 4 bids to the tourney. Only difference this year is that they have a controversial No. 1 seed in St. Joseph. I'm rooting for St. Joseph to go all of the way, so the conference can finally get some recognition.

The Big 12 gets four bids and it's considered a disasterous season. Someone here made a good point about many of the 6'10-6'11 high school studs going straight to the NBA. Maybe that will even the playing field for ALL SCHOOLS. Even if the quality is dropping.