02-03 / 2

03-04 / 3

04-05 / 3

05-06 / 0 - 1 neutral

06-07 / 2

07-08 / 6

08-09 / 2

09-10 / 1

RM's first year was pretty bad since then though 3 total and both of those years were while having one of the youngest teams in the country last year and the youngest this year. Sometimes it's not as bad at it seems after a bad loss.

A little history to keep it real

20 point or greater road losses

99-00 / 4

00-01 / 3

01-02 / 3

02-03 / 2

03-04 / 3

04-05 / 3

05-06 / 0 - 1 neutral

06-07 / 2

07-08 / 6

08-09 / 2

09-10 / 1

RM's first year was pretty bad since then though 3 total and both of those years were while having one of the youngest teams in the country last year and the youngest this year. Sometimes it's not as bad at it seems after a bad loss.

skip, he is only one 20+ point loss behind romar and only 2 behind soderberg. i believe he is also only 6 or 7 behind grawer and spoon. of courses grawer, spoon and soderberg were coaches at slu a number of years more.

skip, he is only one 20+ point loss behind romar and only 2 behind soderberg. i believe he is also only 6 or 7 behind grawer and spoon. of courses grawer, spoon and soderberg were coaches at slu a number of years more.

yes, but his first year was rough, and to be honest, I couldn't care less about it. My point was to the tone of the posts regarding the Richmond game and the state of the program going forward. It seems so many are acting like a 20 or more point road loss is some unbelievably bad thing that rarely happens and is now some telling sign that we are going down the tubes as a team.

This seems like a weird analysis to post.

We only played two non-conference games on the road, Georgia and Bowling Green, and we were not in either of those games. The fact that we kept those games within 15 points is not a real big confidence builder for me. We also played two neutral court games (Iowa State and Notre Dame) and those games were not close either. Three of those games are against BCS opponents granted, but none of those BCS teams are above .500 in conference (Bowling Green is not above .500 in the Mid-American) , so those games were not against powerhouses and none of those team will be in the NCAA Tournament.

In conference we have played 4 games on the road and we were within a point of winning 3 out of 4. The one that did not go to OT we lost by 26. Taking Charlotte into OT is a very quality performance. The other two teams (George Washington and Duquesne) are sitting at 2-5 in conference. Those are not good teams and should come as no surprise that we competed with them.

So saying that we are not getting blown out on the road (a total of 6 games) beyond the Richmond game does not seem to be a real big accomplishment. I will give the team props for taking a very tough Charlotte team to OT. Beyond that, we have not played great competition and a number of those games while not blowouts, were not games that the outcome was ever in doubt. There is no reason to take pride in being mediocre.

This seems like a weird analysis to post.

We only played two non-conference games on the road, Georgia and Bowling Green, and we were not in either of those games. The fact that we kept those games within 15 points is not a real big confidence builder for me. We also played two neutral court games (Iowa State and Notre Dame) and those games were not close either. Three of those games are against BCS opponents granted, but none of those BCS teams are above .500 in conference (Bowling Green is not above .500 in the Mid-American) , so those games were not against powerhouses and none of those team will be in the NCAA Tournament.

In conference we have played 4 games on the road and we were within a point of winning 3 out of 4. The one that did not go to OT we lost by 26. Taking Charlotte into OT is a very quality performance. The other two teams (George Washington and Duquesne) are sitting at 2-5 in conference. Those are not good teams and should come as no surprise that we competed with them.

So saying that we are not getting blown out on the road (a total of 6 games) beyond the Richmond game does not seem to be a real big accomplishment. I will give the team props for taking a very tough Charlotte team to OT. Beyond that, we have not played great competition and a number of those games while not blowouts, were not games that the outcome was ever in doubt. There is no reason to take pride in being mediocre.

It does seem like a weird analysis as I didn't say we were marvelous on the road, nor did I say I was taking pride in being mediocre. I was merely pointing out that the wheels haven't fallen off. It isn't unusual to get beat badly on the road and it isn't just us.

Btw ... what were we picked to finish in our league by the coaches in our league?

It does seem like a weird analysis as I didn't say we were marvelous on the road, nor did I say I was taking pride in being mediocre. I was merely pointing out that the wheels haven't fallen off. It isn't unusual to get beat badly on the road and it isn't just us.

Btw ... what were we picked to finish in our league by the coaches in our league?

The A-10 coaches and selected media picked the Billikens to finish 12th ahead of George Washington and Fordham.

Your original analysis just seems worthless. You presented the number of times the margin of defeat was larger than 20 points in road games for teams that largely did not make any postseason tournament and were overall very average teams to prove to us that it isn't unusual for average teams to get spanked on the road every once in awhile. Why would you feel the need to post any such analysis? Did you think people needed proof of that claim?

We are a young and very average team that got beaten up on the road by a very good and likely tournament level team, it happens. I think most people understand that and do not need a chart of the number of times recent Billiken teams have been blown out to show them that.

Your original analysis just seems worthless. You presented the number of times the margin of defeat was larger than 20 points in road games for teams that largely did not make any postseason tournament and were overall very average teams to prove to us that it isn't unusual for average teams to get spanked on the road every once in awhile. Why would you feel the need to post any such analysis? Did you think people needed proof of that claim?

Yes, after reading the threads after the Richmond game, it seemed we did need to be reminded that playing poorly and losing badly on the road is not that unusual. Its especially not unusual for teams picked to finish in the bottom third of their conference. We are a very average team.

I'll run my future posts by you as your opinion of their worthiness is very important to me.

Who chose you?

Yes, after reading the threads after the Richmond game, it seemed we did need to be reminded that playing poorly and losing badly on the road is not that unusual. Its especially not unusual for teams picked to finish in the bottom third of their conference. We are a very average team.

I'll run my future posts by you as your opinion of their worthiness is very important to me.

Who chose you?

That may be a decent idea, I could have saved you the time of researching 10 years of Billiken results.

If only I'd have known.

Still curious ... who chose you? You seem really smart.

I am really smart and greatly appreciate the compliment, but have a hard time answering the "who chose you" question. I am an unemployed 25 year old virgin living in my parent's basement, so unfortunately there are not many instances in my life where I have been chosen for anything.

I am really smart and greatly appreciate the compliment, but have a hard time answering the "who chose you" question. I am an unemployed 25 year old virgin living in my parent's basement, so unfortunately there are not many instances in my life where I have been chosen for anything.

That's funny, I'd never have guessed. I would think your uncanny ability to determine what is worthless and what is valuable would come in handy while looking for a job and in getting laid. Who knew?

-roy isn't you when there is something negative about UB on the board you say put it behind us, he is gone, but when there is a chance for you to compare rick in a negative way you will bring up UB in no time?

-roy isn't you when there is something negative about UB on the board you say put it behind us, he is gone, but when there is a chance for you to compare rick in a negative way you will bring up UB in no time?

i was comparing to all the recent coaches.