An interesting thought about our Bigs!

Billikan

All of a sudden our depth has become unbelievable for a Billiken team and will be even stronger next year. I know Anderson at Missouri plays 12 with his hectic style,but can RM keep everybody happy with our more deliberate style? This is a good problem as long as the coaches can keep egos in check. Porter went out of his way on the post game show to praise Brian for his cheerleading as his time has been cut. Something to watch.

I think the plan is for the pace to pick up as the kids become more comfortable in the system.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of a sudden our depth has become unbelievable for a Billiken team and will be even stronger next year. I know Anderson at Missouri plays 12 with his hectic style,but can RM keep everybody happy with our more deliberate style? This is a good problem as long as the coaches can keep egos in check. Porter went out of his way on the post game show to praise Brian for his cheerleading as his time has been cut. Something to watch.

I think our depth is a big reason why we won the game last night. By the OTs, the Dukes looked far more tired than we did. Willie looked fairly fresh in comparison, which is a likely byproduct of him only getting 27 minutes in a 2OT game.

Keeping everyone happy will be a challenge, but it's a good one to have.

I think the plan is for the pace to pick up as the kids become more comfortable in the system.

In addition to what Brian said, let me add that winning will help keep guys happy.

Agreed. I actually thought both BC and CE had some trouble guarding their bigs, so it made sense that you play CE more because he brings more to the table offensively.

Back to this issue about whether or not Cody and Jon have a future playing the 3. Here is what Earl said in his latest... "Jon Smith turned in another solid game off the bench with eight rebounds (five offensive) and four blocks in 19 minutes. Jon is also seeing time at the "three" spot, allowing us to play three bigs at one time.

Jon is long and athletic enough to guard opposing three men on defense, while Cody plays the three on offense because of his versatile skill set. It gives the team a little more flexibility and depth as well."

Sorry if I've gone on a tangent with this, considering there have been so many quality posts today that have been on topic. :P:blink::o

Back to this issue about whether or not Cody and Jon have a future playing the 3. Here is what Earl said in his latest... "Jon Smith turned in another solid game off the bench with eight rebounds (five offensive) and four blocks in 19 minutes. Jon is also seeing time at the "three" spot, allowing us to play three bigs at one time.

Jon is long and athletic enough to guard opposing three men on defense, while Cody plays the three on offense because of his versatile skill set. It gives the team a little more flexibility and depth as well."

Sorry if I've gone on a tangent with this, considering there have been so many quality posts today that have been on topic. :lol:;):o

If Cody and Willie and Jon all play at the same time then you can somewhat alternate who is playing the three with Cody playing it on the offensive end and Jon on the defensive end. All three can block shots and hit the boards. I suspect we will see the three of them together with KM and KC from time to time based upon their good play in the Duq game.

Sorry if I've gone on a tangent with this, considering there have been so many quality posts today that have been on topic. :lol:;):o

Great post until the above gratuitous shot. You must love rubbing folks the wrong way. If you'd not put this in, I wouldn't have looked back to see that its author was the king of the gratuitous shot.

It would have been like a good basketball official. Instead, we got the one who has to let everyone know he's there at all the wrong times.