Mo State observations

Billikan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry it won't last long. You have as many posters as you had students at the game tonight. It's about as boring as your offense. You guys lead once 2-0. Now that's domination. We didn't play well tonight....but a win is a win. Isn't it? :P

You mean the offense that owned your team for 39 1/2 minutes? Your team will be wetting their beds thinking about Willie Reed dunking on them tonight.

As long as you hate SIUC, we can speak the same language.

When Willie had that almost break away in the first half and went up but got stripped and fouled, I was thinking "thank god we are not playing SIUC or Willie would be limping off the court after being taken down wrestling style by some goon." MO State played a physical game, but nothing ridiculously dirty like those hicks from Carbondale.

I am just giving you guys a hard time. Ditto on SIU. Actually we dislike Wichita more. One thing we can agree on is the Cards need to ink Holliday. Rasmus/ Ryan spent some time with down here. Good guys and glad they are Cards.

I'm Catholic as well. I guess you missed some of your fellow posters classy comments? You guys must be on the low end of the scale when it comes to private school kids.

You are on the low end of several scales...clearly.

I'm Catholic as well. I guess you missed some of your fellow posters classy comments? You guys must be on the low end of the scale when it comes to private school kids.

Wow. You are Catholic and you still made that comment. Have fun in hell, buddy. BTW if you are referring to me, I did not go to SLU, so when my comments make you cry, don't let that reflect badly upon Saint Louis University.

I honestly don't know why you are being so brash after SLU OWNED your team tonight

You mean the offense that owned your team for 39 1/2 minutes? Your team will be wetting their beds thinking about Willie Reed dunking on them tonight.

We owned them for 39 1/2 minutes?

I am disappointed we lost too, but we got beat. They came out in the second half, got up by about ten. We were able to get it as low as 4, but we got beat. Give 'em props when props are due.

Having KM may have made a difference, but Jordan put up a good game. And what kept us in it was good shooting from the line.

I am just giving you guys a hard time. Ditto on SIU. Actually we dislike Wichita more. One thing we can agree on is the Cards need to ink Holliday. Rasmus/ Ryan spent some time with down here. Good guys and glad they are Cards.

We owned them for 39 1/2 minutes?

I am disappointed we lost too, but we got beat. They came out in the second half, got up by about ten. We were able to get it as low as 4, but we got beat. Give 'em props when props are due.

Having KM may have made a difference, but Jordan put up a good game. And what kept us in it was good shooting from the line.

Steve, you didn't catch the running gag where we claim that SLU owned them to get under their skin.

I agree with you on your assessment of the game. Good call on the FT shooting. We looked much better from the line. Hopefully this is an actual improvement and not just a random variation. It looked like we had improved after a woeful performance during the preseason, but then took a step back against Rockhurst. Maybe D-2 teams just have good FT defense.

Wow. You are Catholic and you still made that comment. Have fun in hell, buddy. BTW if you are referring to me, I did not go to SLU, so when my comments make you cry, don't let that reflect badly upon Saint Louis University.

I honestly don't know why you are being so brash after SLU OWNED your team tonight

I don't make the news just report it. If I go to hell....I'm sure 3/4's of your board will be there with me. I am always brash by the way. I guess you guys dominated Belmont as well. I give you guys credit.....you guys are funny as hell. (If we can use that word on a Catholic message board?) :unsure:

Steve, you didn't catch the running gag where we claim that SLU owned them to get under their skin.

I agree with you on your assessment of the game. Good call on the FT shooting. We looked much better from the line. Hopefully this is an actual improvement and not just a random variation. It looked like we had improved after a woeful performance during the preseason, but then took a step back against Rockhurst. Maybe D-2 teams just have good FT defense.

Ah sorry that I missed the gag....I am still confused by the werewolf thing even.

Our free throw shooting (minus Willie's airball) was an improvement from past games. And we didn't turn the ball over as much as I expected (16 is still more than we should, but when you don't have your point guard, I expected more...especially with them pressuring the whole game).

Cassity handled the ball fine for the most part, but I am afraid his missed shot will make him going into shooting hibernation. CS obviously has skills, but I agree with comments in other threads that sometimes he seems to try to make stuff happen too much driving to the basket.

The odd thing with CS is that he always seems to try to drive from the side. I miss the days of Perry driving straight to the hole. Jordan did this some tonight.

Reed is obviously going to be a great Billiken, but he got away with a few goal tendings tonight. But I was impressed with his awareness to get the turnover and dunk towards the end of the game.

Tonight though, I would have loved to have Kevin back on the team. Just having that sharp shooter is so valuable, and with our guys it seems a bit like: Well, we are a little above average from 3....Lets see if we can hit it.

One humourous thing from tonights game. The whole family is back in town, and my sister also went to the game with a friend. We drove separately, and both had to ask if I was at game...I thought I was a little hard to miss... Maybe I am slipping :unsure:

Just back from the game and my overall sense is that I am proud of our team. They played hard and competed even though we did not have our best player and team leader. We often looked like freshmen but we looked that way because JJ, Christian, Jon, Cory and Femi played with the guards playing big minutes. We never quit and it was very impressive that we came back from double digits down and cut it to four with about 4 minutes left. They triple teamed Willie and we really missed KM because he would have exploited that situation. Mo State is a good team and if we would have had KM we would have given them all they could handle.

A lot of people around us were really pissed that the Mo State fans muscled their way into the student section and no one did anything about it. I have already talked to the admin and I have been promised it will never happen again.

KM was on the bench in street clothes. No word yet whether he will play on Tuesday.

It's SLU's fault for alllowing that. The game promotion was :

Men's Basketball vs. Missouri State - Dec. 19, at 7 p.m.

*All high school and college students who have a valid school ID can receive a $10 ticket and sit in the SLU student section

*All SLU students can show their SLU ID and receive a $5 ticket

Of course they are going to buy the cheap ticket and sit in the SLU section.

Definitely needed Mitchell and Ellis to win this one tonight. Hard to watch without thinking 'what if'...seems to be the life of a Billiken fan.

Kyle Cassity tries but he's not a D1 player. He pads stats vs weak teams and doesn't make a difference on the floor against decent competition. He's tentative, can't create his own shot, and has a slow release. SLU has to get production from the #3 position and while Ellis was targeted for the #3 or #4, they need to try something different to fill the void.

When Kwamain is back, I'd like to see Remekun or Smith play the #3. KM and Salecich (or Jordan) handle the backcourt with Conklin, Remekun/Smith, and Willie. I think you have to try to play bigger because our guards, outside of KM, will generally be overmatched. Remekun/Smith may not have the Majerus "system" down yet, but they give energy and make plays on both ends and could create matchup problems.

If Cuonzo Martin can turnaround MSU in his 2nd year, it's disappointing the SLU turnaround will take 4-5 years. Looks like another season of mediocrity and perhaps even a losing record, especially against a strong and more-balanced A-10.

SLU has an enrollment of 13,000 (undergrad and grad). Many of them live in St. Louis. It's a disgrace we can't get a few hundred students to care about basketball to go to game, regardless if school is on break. All you need is less than 5% of the enrolled students to go to a game to make it look like we have a student section that cares.

Ah sorry that I missed the gag....I am still confused by the werewolf thing even.

Our free throw shooting (minus Willie's airball) was an improvement from past games. And we didn't turn the ball over as much as I expected (16 is still more than we should, but when you don't have your point guard, I expected more...especially with them pressuring the whole game).

Cassity handled the ball fine for the most part, but I am afraid his missed shot will make him going into shooting hibernation. CS obviously has skills, but I agree with comments in other threads that sometimes he seems to try to make stuff happen too much driving to the basket.

The odd thing with CS is that he always seems to try to drive from the side. I miss the days of Perry driving straight to the hole. Jordan did this some tonight.

Reed is obviously going to be a great Billiken, but he got away with a few goal tendings tonight. But I was impressed with his awareness to get the turnover and dunk towards the end of the game.

Tonight though, I would have loved to have Kevin back on the team. Just having that sharp shooter is so valuable, and with our guys it seems a bit like: Well, we are a little above average from 3....Lets see if we can hit it.

One humourous thing from tonights game. The whole family is back in town, and my sister also went to the game with a friend. We drove separately, and both had to ask if I was at game...I thought I was a little hard to miss... Maybe I am slipping :unsure:

I'm not real clear on the werewolf thing either, but I'm assuming it is just a reference to the movie Teen Wolf with Michael J. Fox (which is an awesome movie).

JJ looked really good tonight especially towards the end when he started aggressively driving to the hoop. Its too bad that both he and KM are so short that it really doesn't work well to have them both on the court at the same time.

I spotted you at the game. Probably need to get my eyes checked b/c I couldn't read one of the signs. But, I really didn't like looking in your direction either b/c I didn't like seeming the maroon in the student section.

I'm not real clear on the werewolf thing either, but I'm assuming it is just a reference to the movie Teen Wolf with Michael J. Fox (which is an awesome movie).

JJ looked really good tonight especially towards the end when he started aggressively driving to the hoop. Its too bad that both he and KM are so short that it really doesn't work well to have them both on the court at the same time.

I spotted you at the game. Probably need to get my eyes checked b/c I couldn't read one of the signs. But, I really didn't like looking in your direction either b/c I didn't like seeming the maroon in the student section.

The

Butch

Cassity

& the

Sundance

Billikens

sign is pretty small font, but it got up on the screen once. But don't feel bad if you couldn't read it.

I really liked my spot at Scott trade. At Chaifetz, I think I am in the best spot where I won't block anyone. billikenfan05 tried to get me down to the student section, but I stayed where I was because I knew I would block people down there with signs...

The

Butch

Cassity

& the

Sundance

Billikens

sign is pretty small font, but it got up on the screen once. But don't feel bad if you couldn't read it.

I really liked my spot at Scott trade. At Chaifetz, I think I am in the best spot where I won't block anyone. billikenfan05 tried to get me down to the student section, but I stayed where I was because I knew I would block people down there with signs...

Yeah you would have blocked the ###### from missouri st!