SLU vs. Missouri State

showthebill

Well it's about time we start talking about the game tomorrow. Don't see what the line is, but currently SLU (7-3) is ranked at 118 and missouri state (9-0) is 35 in the nation. Basically -- big game.

Anyway, with three subs fatigue will be our worst enemy assuming Darrin Young doesn't really play. So how do you think we'll show against these guys? Also, clearly Weems (6'6) and Leonard are solid players we'll have to watch them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have very little chance to win this game without Kwamain Mitchell IMHO. Subtract Kwamain who leads the team in scoring and is the primary ballhandler. Insert a guy who is afraid to shoot because his career FG % hovers around 30%. Mo Stat. plays pressure D and our primary ballhandler is out. Two freshman become the primary ball handlers. Recipe for disaster.

We have very little chance to win this game without Kwamain Mitchell IMHO. Subtract Kwamain who leads the team in scoring and is the primary ballhandler. Insert a guy who is afraid to shoot because his career FG % hovers around 30%. Mo Stat. plays pressure D and our primary ballhandler is out. Two freshman become the primary ball handlers. Recipe for disaster.

I agree. We got a little slice of "life without KM" at the end of the Belmont game. It was not pretty.

I agree. We got a little slice of "life without KM" at the end of the Belmont game. It was not pretty.

True. However, going into this game they know kwa won't be available so the players will be a little more prepared for to have to rely on him. I think we'll see new defensive assignments and schemes so it'll be interesting to see how those work out.

You guys are a good enough team to where when playing at home you will always have a shot. With that said, I do believe that Mo State is the better team and without KM it sure doesn't help you guys. I think you will be surprised at Patterson and think that he, Weems, or Mallet will be able to keep Reed in enough check. If we can hold Reed below 15 and 10 I would be happy. Our weakness by far is rebounding even though Patterson is 7'0 and Creekmore is 6'9. Both Weems and Leonard shoot over 44% from three and are clearly our best players and if open will obviously hit the shot.

In terms of size, how big do you guys go? I know KM was only 5'11. What would your starting lineup look like for tomorrow?

If I had to guess for the Bears I would say:

Creekmore-6'9

Weems-6'6

Pickens-6'4

Mallett-6'3

Leonard-6'1

Don't know what your average attendance is like but it sounds like we could be bringing 200-300 from our BearNation message board alone. Throw in our alumni and students from 50-100 mile radius from STL and we could have a lot of Bears fans there. Making the trip myself with my father and uncle and hope it is a great game.

You guys are a good enough team to where when playing at home you will always have a shot. With that said, I do believe that Mo State is the better team and without KM it sure doesn't help you guys. I think you will be surprised at Patterson and think that he, Weems, or Mallet will be able to keep Reed in enough check. If we can hold Reed below 15 and 10 I would be happy. Our weakness by far is rebounding even though Patterson is 7'0 and Creekmore is 6'9. Both Weems and Leonard shoot over 44% from three and are clearly our best players and if open will obviously hit the shot.

In terms of size, how big do you guys go? I know KM was only 5'11. What would your starting lineup look like for tomorrow?

Creekmore-6'9

Weems-6'6

Pickens-6'4

Mallett-6'3

Leonard-6'1

Don't know what your average attendance is like but it sounds like we could be bringing 200-300 from our BearNation message board alone. Throw in our alumni and students from 50-100 mile radius from STL and we could have a lot of Bears fans there. Making the trip myself with my father and uncle and hope it is a great game.

Average attendance leaves some to be desired especially with the students on break, but this is a bigger game and a weekend game so it will be pretty solid. As for starting lineup my guess is:

Reed 6'10

Conklin 6'6

Salecich 6'3

Cassity 6'2

Femi John 6'2

Creekmore-6'9

Weems-6'6

Pickens-6'4

Mallett-6'3

Leonard-6'1

You got to be kidding yourself. The key for you guys stopping Willie will be your guards stopping our guards from getting Willie the ball. Those three guys don't have a chance stoping Willie if he gets the ball down low.

Creekmore-6'9

Weems-6'6

Pickens-6'4

Mallett-6'3

Leonard-6'1

Willie had good games against Harangody and Brackins..... Willie will feast on Weems, or patterson, or mallet.

Let's not make excuses. Let's go out there and play.

In a way im very frustrated because if we had KM I am very confident we would win. However, I also kind of pumped because this is everyone on the teams chance to see who has the balls to step up. I predict BC almost getting pissed from the start and throwing around whoever that 6'6 dude is that guarding him. I think CS will step up, Femi will play decent. What it revolves around is Reed. I could see him seeing this as his time to shine and just going nuts and dominating.

I think this will be my decision day on KC. Sometimes he frustrates me so much because I know he could be good but he plays like a freshman in high school. I'm hoping this is the game where he comes out and says I KM is out and I need to step up.

If we win tomorrow, which I think there is a chance but a lot of if's, then that will show unbelievably well for our future.

In a way im very frustrated because if we had KM I am very confident we would win. However, I also kind of pumped because this is everyone on the teams chance to see who has the balls to step up. I predict BC almost getting pissed from the start and throwing around whoever that 6'6 dude is that guarding him. I think CS will step up, Femi will play decent. What it revolves around is Reed. I could see him seeing this as his time to shine and just going nuts and dominating.

I think this will be my decision day on KC. Sometimes he frustrates me so much because I know he could be good but he plays like a freshman in high school. I'm hoping this is the game where he comes out and says I KM is out and I need to step up.

If we win tomorrow, which I think there is a chance but a lot of if's, then that will show unbelievably well for our future.

If you're talking about Weems, I doubt that will happen.

You guys are a good enough team to where when playing at home you will always have a shot. With that said, I do believe that Mo State is the better team and without KM it sure doesn't help you guys.

With Kwamain, I feel very comfortable saying we win this game. We're too big inside for Mo. State and KM will beat the pressure. It's a completely different team with and without KM. Without KM, we'll turn the ball over too much to take advantage of our strength inside.

I'm also pumped to see how we handle this. Like you said, let's hope our guys are looking at this as an opportunity to step up, and not worrying about not having KM. Every athelte should cherish this opportunity and be excited to try to step it up a notch. As a fan, I'm really excited to get behind our young guys and give them that extra boost. We are certainly the underdog now, and everyone loves the underdog. We will definitely do our part as fans.

I would love to see Wilie just go nuts like you said, and if his stamina holds up, he obviously has the capability to do that. Can't wait for tonight. See you in 108.

With Kwamain, I feel very comfortable saying we win this game. We're too big inside for Mo. State and KM will beat the pressure. It's a completely different team with and without KM. Without KM, we'll turn the ball over too much to take advantage of our strength inside.

You do realize we have three guys 6'9"-6'11", right? Obviously they don't all play at once, but we aren't a high school team.

I'm also pumped to see how we handle this. Like you said, let's hope our guys are looking at this as an opportunity to step up, and not worrying about not having KM. Every athelte should cherish this opportunity and be excited to try to step it up a notch. As a fan, I'm really excited to get behind our young guys and give them that extra boost. We are certainly the underdog now, and everyone loves the underdog. We will definitely do our part as fans.

I would love to see Wilie just go nuts like you said, and if his stamina holds up, he obviously has the capability to do that. Can't wait for tonight. See you in 108.

Actually you guys are 1.5 point favorites still, not the underdog.

You do realize we have three guys 6'9"-6'11", right? Obviously they don't all play at once, but we aren't a high school team.

Actually you guys are 1.5 point favorites still, not the underdog.

I actually go off of what the 'Wiz' says the spread is. He said we were 2 point underdogs with KM, so without him, that increases significantly. The Wiz is usually pretty accurate, but I hope he isn't tonight and SLU comes away with the victory.

Oh wow. I guess we shouldn't even play this game. Without Kwam and with those three beasts on your side. We have no chance. You win.

I actually go off of what the 'Wiz' says the spread is. He said we were 2 point underdogs with KM, so without him, that increases significantly. The Wiz is usually pretty accurate, but I hope he isn't tonight and SLU comes away with the victory.

I don't know who the Wiz is but SLU was a 1.5 point favorite last night. Now MSU is a 1 point favorite, probably because of Mitchell's injury.

I don't know who the Wiz is but SLU was a 1.5 point favorite last night. Now MSU is a 1 point favorite, probably because of Mitchell's injury.

The Wiz is the master of the spread...either way, I guess we are the underdog now. Should be a fun game.

I don't think it is any disrespect and I understand that your guys are just as big but I know our team and in my opinion our big men are our heart and soul of our team. KM is the brains of the operation and will be a super tough loss, but our frontcourt is the passion of the team (also the two most experienced although that doesn't say much) which is important in this situation because my guess is that they are gonna get super pumped and relish an opportunity with our leader gone to step up and show Majerus that they can lead the team too.

Our backcourt is a huge 'if'. They may also relish an opportunity or just really throw it away. This will be a big game for them and for evaluating our team. For this I am so excited.

Also, as to whether or not we are predicted underdogs, I think, and hope, our team will play with the 'nothing to lose' attitude of underdogs coming from the mentality that, as ive been speaking of, our captain not being present and so we are at a disadvantage so someone needs to step up.