View from afar.....so far so good

slu72

Whew, the first half was ugly. Jeez, TF is one tough kid, make that man. Vince Lombardi would love him. I cringed when he made that move to the hoop off the Sloan pass. He did look like Rocky at the line. Why ESPN gave us no shots of our band is beyond me. SM's band was given a lot of looks. However,ESPN must have they signed a contract with Sign Guy? He got a lot of air time last night. If one of those signs said vote for JFKerry, he could have saved the Kerry campaign some valuable ad $$. Steve, can I have your autograph? Hunt? What can you say? It's like that Rudy movie except with a real hollywood ending. Amazing! Cannot figure out IO. While he's not the quickest guy going to the hoop, he seems to get there with his moves. Why not more? RB and Fish came up big at the end. I would have thought if there was a game we would have seen JJ get in it would have been last night. Rebounds were tough to come by and SM has some athleticism inside. But nope, he just sat. Makes you wonder what his future is with the Bills. Here's hoping for another W tonight. Thanks TF for the courageous effort but don't risk too much. RB another prayer for your dad's recovery. Go Bills. A W tonight would be huge.

slu72,

They did show the band at least once, as they showed a back side shot of the drummer. You are right only I thought the whole game was ugly, but in the physical/mental shape of our team, win ugly will have to be our way of life for the balance of this tourney.

While I admire Tom's courage, I question if he should have been playing. He certainly needs to be shut down for the balance of the season as seperated shoulders are nothing to mess with.

We'll have to play much better tonight just to give Memphis a game. The zone defense was a stroke of genius on the part of Coach Soderberg, as it did have S. Miss off balance. Let's hope for the best VS Memphis. Let's Go Bills!!!

I thought it was a classy move by the ref to stop the game to get Tom out. He may be a tough guy, but it is clear that the coaching staff needs to step in and get him out of the game. In that type of situation the coach should say no rather than leave it up to the player.

My wife and I were talking about the zone defense and I was thinking that maybe he did it to save legs for a possible 4 day run, she thought otherwise (I'll leave it at that!). Any thoughts?

Yeah, I was surprised to see it right off the get go, the zone that is. But it made a whole lot of sense given our weakened front line. Had we played man all night, it might not have gone our way. Gaines probably would have got 25+ pts. It's not going to work against Memphis though. I recall they have about 4 guys who can knock down 3's with the best of them. This'll be a toughie especially w/o TF, who I hope doesn't even suit up. That is extremely painful to watch and not worth risking his future. It makes us look like we don't have any concern for his well being. I missed the back shot of the band. But, damn, SLU's got some mighty fine looking cheerleaders. That's the dirty old man in me, I guess.

We never press yet Brad uses it against Houston to win the game. He played Reggie with 2 fouls in the first half against somebody recently. We play a zone for most of yesterdays game. You are right 3 star,Brad would like to play a certain way but he's smart enough to know that he must adjust to win. Lets face it Brad is a good coach period.

the change in thinking in the houston game was really out there. pressed, had phil hunt and darren clarke playing major minutes. he changed his offensive sets going to that old weave to try to create opps instead of just screens. oh yes, i agree completely. coach soderberg is a tremendous game coach.