Is Eckerle red-shirting?

RUBillsFan

I was kind of curious because I don't remember hearing anything on this.

Is Eckerle officially red-shirting this year because of his injury or would he be able to play towards the end of the year if he recovers in time?

I'm not sure this matters much because I doubt he will play either way, but I remember when he got injured it was that he would probably miss most of the season (not definitely). I'm thinking it might not be worth red-shirting Paul because I'm not sure how long he will continue to play bball anyways to focus more on Med School.

I was kind of curious because I don't remember hearing anything on this.

Is Eckerle officially red-shirting this year because of his injury or would he be able to play towards the end of the year if he recovers in time?

I'm not sure this matters much because I doubt he will play either way, but I remember when he got injured it was that he would probably miss most of the season (not definitely). I'm thinking it might not be worth red-shirting Paul because I'm not sure how long he will continue to play bball anyways to focus more on Med School.

It's my understand that Paul is not red-shirting this year. He will try to play towards the end of this year (late conference season) and then play out his senior year next year.

It's my understand that Paul is not red-shirting this year. He will try to play towards the end of this year (late conference season) and then play out his senior year next year.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking as well since I don't remember hearing anything about a red shirt for him. However, if he is going to miss the whole season, it might make sense to red shirt him just to have the option of having him back for 2 more years. I suppose they could always give him the medical red shirt later in the year if it looks like he won't make it back and that is the way they want to go.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking as well since I don't remember hearing anything about a red shirt for him. However, if he is going to miss the whole season, it might make sense to red shirt him just to have the option of having him back for 2 more years. I suppose they could always give him the medical red shirt later in the year if it looks like he won't make it back and that is the way they want to go.

I don't know why he would redshirt. Like you said he's always been focused med school.

PE's scholarship has already been given away for next year so why would he redshirt?

he could be insurance in case we blow out 4 or 5 guards-I like him but he has been recruited over

he could be insurance in case we blow out 4 or 5 guards-I like him but he has been recruited over

Paul will almost certainly have enough credits to graduate after 4 years, maybe even 3. Since his plan is to go to med-school after college there would be no reason for him to redshirt which would save his eligibility for a 5th year of play.

Paul will almost certainly have enough credits to graduate after 4 years, maybe even 3. Since his plan is to go to med-school after college there would be no reason for him to redshirt which would save his eligibility for a 5th year of play.

OH YEAH!?!? WELL WHAT IF DUDES THAT REDSHIRT GET ICE CREAM EVERY GOTDAMN DAY!?!? THAT'D BE A GREAT REASON TO REDSHIRT.

Posted Image