SLU vs. Mizzou series

Having just now found out Mike Alden's email address (I suppose i could have looked for it, but oh well), I made it a point to email him concerning why the SLU/Mizzou basketball series isn't being played. Here's the email I sent him:

Mr. Alden,

For 3 years, we played a series of basketball games against the Saint Louis University Billikens. These games were fun for everyone involved, and included some great gameplay and some wonderful memories (ie. Wesley Stokes' game winning shot). I am not emailing in an attempt to harass you about continuing the series, but rather in an attempt to discover the reason this series was discontinued. It seemed to me as though it (along with Illinois and kU) constituted a great regional rivalry. Having grown up in St. Louis, I try to follow the Billikens as much as possible, and consider them my 2nd team in college basketball. With our new Arena opening up next year, and their new arena opening up in 2 years (I believe), It would be a great series to reopen. There are a considerable amount of St. Louisans who attend Mizzou right now, and a great number of Missouri Alumni in the St. Louis area. I used to believe that any games with SLU weren't played because it represented a game that could hurt us more than it could help us. Now, however, I am confident that we could handle a game against SLU in the stead of games against teams like Belmont or UNLV. I think the continuation of a home and home series with SLU would be beneficial for Missouri Basketball, and the state of Missouri.

Thank you in advance for any response.

His email address (for those interested) is [email protected]

I think with enough polite emails, we could make a difference in getting this game played. I know i'd like to see it happen.

I'm with you cheesy! I would love for the series to get started again! I went to all three of the games they played with my "Mizzou-loving" family. We were all sad when the series came to an end.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

My favorite memory was at the TWA dome. Larry Hughes sat out most of the game (or so it seemed) b/c of a couple of early fouls but still won. I was in the Mizzou section bc my step-mom gave her alumni tickets to me. SLU and MIZZOU were separated into 2 huge sections (black and blue). I was right in the middle of this sea of yellow and black and everytime I stood up and cheered, I got this look of hatred by what seemed thousands around me. I would look to my right and off in the distance a sea of blue would be in unison w/ my every cheer. What a rush to piss so many MU fans off and then rub it in their faces! The rivalry is already there, let's hope it gets going again.

the first game against Mizzou was under Romar's command

the Billikens beat up on Keyon Dooling with Justin Love .. Chris Heinrich had a solid game. Justin Tatum played one of his best games as a billiken.

.. i think the Bills lineup involved

Love, Redden, Ferg, Tatum, Baniak, Heinrich, Braun (frosh?), Mo Jeffers ...

you're smoking. love was our man vs missouri. hughes though did beat illinois in the dome by himself.