PSU game

slulaw09

An incredible marketing effort gets 7k into Chaifetz for - get this - a women's volleyball game. Great effort from our ladies, and so nice to see all the fans in Billiken Blue stand and applaud the effort from both teams at the end of the match. I think the fact that Miami took Bama to 5 sets was the worst thing that could have happened to SLU, since the game dragged on and I'm sure the Lady Bills might have expended some energy just waiting for that match to conclude, knowing their opponent is none other than Paterno State University, the best team in the land.

It was great to see SLU recognize the CYC kids -- an instant recruiting tool for Kordes. Get these kids fired up about SLU and the program and when Kordes stops by the catholic high schools down the road, these kids will hopefully remember their first SLU game or the enthusiasm of the crowd at Chaifetz.

That being said, I still think Kordes is a recruit or two away from being right there with PSU. # 7 and # 11 from Penn State were two black players who just killed the ball at the net and were like twin towers when it came to blocking. If Kordes can find players that athletic, we'll be right there with State, Texas, etc.

Go Bills!!

An incredible marketing effort gets 7k into Chaifetz for - get this - a women's volleyball game. Great effort from our ladies, and so nice to see all the fans in Billiken Blue stand and applaud the effort from both teams at the end of the match. I think the fact that Miami took Bama to 5 sets was the worst thing that could have happened to SLU, since the game dragged on and I'm sure the Lady Bills might have expended some energy just waiting for that match to conclude, knowing their opponent is none other than Paterno State University, the best team in the land.

It was great to see SLU recognize the CYC kids -- an instant recruiting tool for Kordes. Get these kids fired up about SLU and the program and when Kordes stops by the catholic high schools down the road, these kids will hopefully remember their first SLU game or the enthusiasm of the crowd at Chaifetz.

That being said, I still think Kordes is a recruit or two away from being right there with PSU. # 7 and # 11 from Penn State were two black players who just killed the ball at the net and were like twin towers when it came to blocking. If Kordes can find players that athletic, we'll be right there with State, Texas, etc.

Go Bills!!

Great crowd, and a great atmosphere. Does anyone know who the PA announcer was? He did a great job, I would like to see him do the basketball games. Only negative, where was the concession stand help? The lines were ridiculously long.

Great crowd, and a great atmosphere. Does anyone know who the PA announcer was? He did a great job, I would like to see him do the basketball games. Only negative, where was the concession stand help? The lines were ridiculously long.

Your question asking "where" the concession stand help was first assumes there sometimes is sufficient concession stand help. B) I did not go to the volleyball but I have stood in long lines (often giving up) at men's basketball games.

I thought the same thing about the PA announcer, he was exciting and knowledgeable. I think he could even pronounce the girls names.

Guest BillikenReport

Do you miss any SLU games in any sport? I saw you below me at the Vball game and you looked to be having a great time. We need more of you at all SLU games.

I see billikenfan05 every time I go to a men's or women's basketball game.

There are probably some sports he doesn't go to, but every time I go to Chaifetz I see him.

Thanks Skip! It's also funny that I'm seeing this post now since I just saw you at tonight's soccer game. I have attended a field hockey game before( its my guilty pleasure sport anytime it comes on the Big Ten Network I stop what I'm doing and watch.) I usually go to one baseball game or softball game a week during those seasons but there are so many of them its hard to get out to more. I've probably explained to a million people who ask me about my SLU obsession and I'm proud to call it that, that some people grow up with the Yankees or a big college team like Ohio State, I just happened to grow up with a smaller private division 1 school. But there are not many sports that hold competition on campus that I miss regularly.

Guest BillikenReport

Thanks Skip! It's also funny that I'm seeing this post now since I just saw you at tonight's soccer game. I have attended a field hockey game before( its my guilty pleasure sport anytime it comes on the Big Ten Network I stop what I'm doing and watch.) I usually go to one baseball game or softball game a week during those seasons but there are so many of them its hard to get out to more. I've probably explained to a million people who ask me about my SLU obsession and I'm proud to call it that, that some people grow up with the Yankees or a big college team like Ohio State, I just happened to grow up with a smaller private division 1 school. But there are not many sports that hold competition on campus that I miss regularly.

I watched a lot of field hockey back in the day. My high school was one of the best around and has had an artificial turf field for several years already — while the football team still plays on grass.

It was good to talk with you last night. After seeing the score, I think I'm glad I made it to my softball game. I'll be at more volleyball games, after the game my girlfriend said she had such a good time, she wants to go to more. I drag her along to soccer and basketball, but she stated she thought the volleyball was the most fun to watch. See you next time