OT: USMNT v. Costa Rica - 10 p.m. EST on ESPN2

Tough game for the boys. Hope Bradley doesn't come out with a long ball/single striker formation. Tired of the conservative shell we play in on the road.

By the way, Brad Davis is having a really nice year. Hope he gets a Gold Cup call-up.

I have really been looking forward to this one. I hope Jozy is ready to go having not played yet since his toe surgery. It is too bad Maurice Edu hurt his knee last week; he had been playing really, really well for the Rangers, who are having their best season in a long time.

Wow, that was u-g-l-y.

I thought I had it Tivo'd but somehow screwed up. I got home from bball practice just in time to see the US stand around watch the guy score the 3rd goal. I'm going to Chicago for Saturday's game, they had better come out pissed off and ready to play

I thought I had it Tivo'd but somehow screwed up. I got home from bball practice just in time to see the US stand around watch the guy score the 3rd goal. I'm going to Chicago for Saturday's game, they had better come out pissed off and ready to play

Honduras has a very good team but I believe one of their best players (striker) is hurt. Honduras could still come out to play for 3 points and make it good game to watch but I suspect they may just play for 1.

Honduras has a very good team but I believe one of their best players (striker) is hurt. Honduras could still come out to play for 3 points and make it good game to watch but I suspect they may just play for 1.

Like I said, I didn't see much of the Costa Rica game, but the effort that I did see was poor. If we play with that intensity Sat we could have problems

Like I said, I didn't see much of the Costa Rica game, but the effort that I did see was poor. If we play with that intensity Sat we could have problems

Skip, I'm heading up to Chi-town as well to catch the game.

As far as the game, Costa Rica brought a ton of pressure early and with a lively ball moving swiftly on the turf, the US was hiivng a hard time maintaining possession. Once we did, we had some nice ball movement. Beasley's attempt to settle the ball from Bocaengra early in the game was pathetic. It bounced a good 4-5 feet off his foot and was the turnover that led to the first goal. The shot was a beaut though. The second goal was even more frustrating because Gooch was caught up double teaming some guy with Wynne on the sideline and about 15 yds off the halfline. Why did Gooch go so far out and leave teh middle so exposed? Boca had no choice but to rush the dribbler as he came screaming into the box which left the top of the box completely unmarked and bodda-bing, another Costa goal. Fell asleep after that.

Anyway, we were not in our top form, did not have the strongest squad out there, and just didn't have it. Luckily its not a place we typically win at.

Skip, I'm heading up to Chi-town as well to catch the game.

As far as the game, Costa Rica brought a ton of pressure early and with a lively ball moving swiftly on the turf, the US was hiivng a hard time maintaining possession. Once we did, we had some nice ball movement. Beasley's attempt to settle the ball from Bocaengra early in the game was pathetic. It bounced a good 4-5 feet off his foot and was the turnover that led to the first goal. The shot was a beaut though. The second goal was even more frustrating because Gooch was caught up double teaming some guy with Wynne on the sideline and about 15 yds off the halfline. Why did Gooch go so far out and leave teh middle so exposed? Boca had no choice but to rush the dribbler as he came screaming into the box which left the top of the box completely unmarked and bodda-bing, another Costa goal. Fell asleep after that.

Anyway, we were not in our top form, did not have the strongest squad out there, and just didn't have it. Luckily its not a place we typically win at.

Do you already have tickets? Doneita and I are driving up Sat morning and coming back Sunday. I got a good deal on a group of 7 tickets, so I'll be selling 5 before the game. I lost your number as I washed my phone, ruined it and lost everything

Do you already have tickets? Doneita and I are driving up Sat morning and coming back Sunday. I got a good deal on a group of 7 tickets, so I'll be selling 5 before the game. I lost your number as I washed my phone, ruined it and lost everything

Yea, go tickets already. Check your pm.

Yea, go tickets already. Check your pm.

All I can say after going up to Chi-town for the US Honduras game is that Chicago should never get another World Cup qualifying game or a US Nat'l team game for that matter. That place was 75-80% HONDURAN. It was a pathetic showing of support for our boys. Chicago is a MLS town and all it can muster for US fans is a a few thousand out of 55000? It was literally a home game for the Hondurans. Chicago....besides being embarrased by your year-in, year-out underachieving Cubbies, you now have something else to hang your head about.

Ok, so I got that out. The game was the most intense soccer match I have ever been to. There was never a lull in the game. Very exciting.

All I can say after going up to Chi-town for the US Honduras game is that Chicago should never get another World Cup qualifying game or a US Nat'l team game for that matter. That place was 75-80% HONDURAN. It was a pathetic showing of support for our boys. Chicago is a MLS town and all it can muster for US fans is a a few thousand out of 55000? It was literally a home game for the Hondurans. Chicago....besides being embarrased by your year-in, year-out underachieving Cubbies, you now have something else to hang your head about.

Ok, so I got that out. The game was the most intense soccer match I have ever been to. There was never a lull in the game. Very exciting.

I think by the time the game started it was more 60-40 Honduras fans, at least that's the way it looked to me. The Honduras fans had traveled from all over the US and were out early in big numbers and were loud, but by game time the US fans had filled in quite a bit.

It was a fantastic game. Honduras got an early goal on a perfectly placed shot from maybe a little over 20 yards. It was directly in front of me and really just squeezed inside the post by a matter of inches. The US controlled most of the play but as usual seemed to have trouble finishing or even putting a shot on the goal. Sometimes I think the whole futball and football thing confuses them and they start thinking you get 3 points for putting one over the goal. I couldn't tell what happened on the US penalty kick (It was a hand ball, but I didn't see it) but Landon converted just before the half. The 2nd US goal was nice Dempsey went very high and put a long corner 5-10 feet past the far post back in play and Bocanegra finished it with a diving header.

I thought Dempsey had a very nice game. His skill with the ball showed and he strung together some pretty passes. I also thought Landon played well. I couldn't see exactly what happened but it looked like Howard also came out of the goal and stopped a 1-1 attempt late in the game to preserve the tie. Jozy Altidore played the entire game, but seemed to be MIA. He appeared a step slow too many times, couldn't win possession of the ball and misplayed a sweet cross that he tried to bring down 6-7 7 yards out in front of the far post. He should have played that ball 1 time on the goal. I think it was the most inefective I've ever seen him.

I saw we just added Conor Casey to the roster for the Confeederations Cup. I don't get that move, is that really the best we have? Another player who isn't very skilled or athletic but works hard.

Yea I was at the game as well. I too was dissapointed at the showing of US fans but this is American soccer. Not the biggest draw for fans YET. It was funny, after the second goal off of the sick diving header from bocanegra the Honduran fans were completely deflated. The American Outlaws and Sams Army, the US soccer fan clubs, did a pretty decent job behind the south goal and around the first tier. Im really excited for the Confederation Cup comin up next week. Though I am a bit weary about our draw considereing we play Italy and Brazil. Maybe the Yanks can make a big showing and prove to the world that we wont just rollover. DONT TREAD ON THIS!

Yea I was at the game as well. I too was dissapointed at the showing of US fans but this is American soccer. Not the biggest draw for fans YET. It was funny, after the second goal off of the sick diving header from bocanegra the Honduran fans were completely deflated. The American Outlaws and Sams Army, the US soccer fan clubs, did a pretty decent job behind the south goal and around the first tier. Im really excited for the Confederation Cup comin up next week. Though I am a bit weary about our draw considereing we play Italy and Brazil. Maybe the Yanks can make a big showing and prove to the world that we wont just rollover. DONT TREAD ON THIS!

The game to look forward to is August 12 versus Mexico. Mexico lost to El Salvador 2-1 on Saturday and is second from the bottom of qualifying standings. Granted Mexico has played three games on the road and has the rest of their games at home. But if they are still battling for a spot, that could be one hell of an intense game. Brad Davis, when he was with the U23s, said playing in Mexico City was the most initimidating atmosphere he ever experienced.

I think by the time the game started it was more 60-40 Honduras fans, at least that's the way it looked to me. The Honduras fans had traveled from all over the US and were out early in big numbers and were loud, but by game time the US fans had filled in quite a bit.

It was a fantastic game. Honduras got an early goal on a perfectly placed shot from maybe a little over 20 yards. It was directly in front of me and really just squeezed inside the post by a matter of inches. The US controlled most of the play but as usual seemed to have trouble finishing or even putting a shot on the goal. Sometimes I think the whole futball and football thing confuses them and they start thinking you get 3 points for putting one over the goal. I couldn't tell what happened on the US penalty kick (It was a hand ball, but I didn't see it) but Landon converted just before the half. The 2nd US goal was nice Dempsey went very high and put a long corner 5-10 feet past the far post back in play and Bocanegra finished it with a diving header.

I thought Dempsey had a very nice game. His skill with the ball showed and he strung together some pretty passes. I also thought Landon played well. I couldn't see exactly what happened but it looked like Howard also came out of the goal and stopped a 1-1 attempt late in the game to preserve the tie. Jozy Altidore played the entire game, but seemed to be MIA. He appeared a step slow too many times, couldn't win possession of the ball and misplayed a sweet cross that he tried to bring down 6-7 7 yards out in front of the far post. He should have played that ball 1 time on the goal. I think it was the most inefective I've ever seen him.

I saw we just added Conor Casey to the roster for the Confeederations Cup. I don't get that move, is that really the best we have? Another player who isn't very skilled or athletic but works hard.

The guy I was hoping to see up top was Davies, especially in the second half. Some speed up top would have given the Honduran backline some trouble. Casey was too slow, did not link up well, and lost the ball too often. Really surprised to see Benny make an appearance with the boys in the second half.

The guy I was hoping to see up top was Davies, especially in the second half. Some speed up top would have given the Honduran backline some trouble. Casey was too slow, did not link up well, and lost the ball too often. Really surprised to see Benny make an appearance with the boys in the second half.

Not only was I surprised to see Benny's appearance, but surprised to see how well he played after a few early jitters.

I like Casey a lot, but we didn't see the form he usually brings for the Rapids. I hope he gets another shot. Skip, he's essentially Ching (I happen to think he can do more than Ching) and Ching is out for the Confed's Cup. I also would have like to see Davies for a half. The guy brought energy in the Olympics and the Costa Rica game, what's he gotta do for a half of PT?

Not only was I surprised to see Benny's appearance, but surprised to see how well he played after a few early jitters.

I like Casey a lot, but we didn't see the form he usually brings for the Rapids. I hope he gets another shot. Skip, he's essentially Ching (I happen to think he can do more than Ching) and Ching is out for the Confed's Cup. I also would have like to see Davies for a half. The guy brought energy in the Olympics and the Costa Rica game, what's he gotta do for a half of PT?

Certainly not a rousing endorsement for Connor Casey, I agree he's essentially Ching. I long for the day when the US develops a top notch forward that you can play the ball through, a creative center midfielder, and world class speed wide on the back line.

Certainly not a rousing endorsement for Connor Casey, I agree he's essentially Ching. I long for the day when the US develops a top notch forward that you can play the ball through, a creative center midfielder, and world class speed wide on the back line.

LOL. I don't disagree at all.