Roundtree ends up at SWIC

brianstl

-"I don't know why he left SIU-Carbondale, but in talking to him he knows that he has to come in here and do very well in order to get back to the NCAA Division I level. He seems determined to do that."

-i find that a very interesting quote from the swic coach, can that be true?

Guest BillikenReport

-"I don't know why he left SIU-Carbondale, but in talking to him he knows that he has to come in here and do very well in order to get back to the NCAA Division I level. He seems determined to do that."

I don't think many people know why Roundtree left SIU. I don't.

It seemed like the perfect fit for him. His best friend was there. He had already started a few games.

He will have some work to do to get back to the D-1 level. It will be tough to find a better fit than SIU, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a place like SIUE.

That is a bizarre quote. He's got to by fudging on that. I know these coaches are under tremendous pressure but come on.

Roundtree didn't leave on his own he was asked to leave because he was a cancer. As voted on by his team mates including Booker.

Roundtree didn't leave on his own he was asked to leave because he was a cancer. As voted on by his team mates including Booker.

Didn't Lowery indicate that he found out about Roundtree leaving the team from a message he left with Lowery. I thought Lowery expressed his disappointment at this, since he felt, that he had treated Roundtree like a son.

If so, this doesn't sound like someone kicked off the team.

Not to be rude, but I couldn't care less. Good luck to the kid, except if he ever plays SLU. Then it'd be OK with me if he had a terrible game.

Guest BillikenReport

Didn't Lowery indicate that he found out about Roundtree leaving the team from a message he left with Lowery. I thought Lowery expressed his disappointment at this, since he felt, that he had treated Roundtree like a son.

Yes, that is how Lowery found out.