Possible Recruits

Guest BillikenReport

Found this on espn.com and thought I'd share as it gives a list of possible '09 recruits that SLU is interested in and a brief description. Martavius Irving sounds like he'd be a good get at this point.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/...6schoolId%3d139

Two of the guys on that list have committed to schools.

Lee has committed to Liberty. Murphy committed to Oregon State.

Anderson is likely headed to a junior college.

The two left standing are being recruited by SLU.

This is a more accurate list:

http://saintlouis.scout.com/a.z?s=437&...=bb&yr=2009

Thanks Nate. The espn one noted that Lee decommitted from Liberty.

Assuming Lee is out of the picture, do you have any preference on the two left standing for SLU?

Guest BillikenReport

... do you have any preference on the two left standing for SLU?

Irving is the guy they have targeted first. He's probably down to SLU and Kansas State and will make a decision very soon.

Williams just got his test score back and is now qualified. It will be interesting to see what happens with his recruitment next. A lot of schools are still trying to add a point guard for next season, but there are some dominoes that have yet to fall (John Wall, Eric Bledsoe and others).

Found this on espn.com and thought I'd share as it gives a list of possible '09 recruits that SLU is interested in and a brief description. Martavius Irving sounds like he'd be a good get at this point.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/...6schoolId%3d139

They have Irving listed as a shooting guard and Williams as a point guard. I assume they can each play both positions.

Irving is the guy they have targeted first. He's probably down to SLU and Kansas State and will make a decision very soon.

Williams just got his test score back and is now qualified. It will be interesting to see what happens with his recruitment next. A lot of schools are still trying to add a point guard for next season, but there are some dominoes that have yet to fall (John Wall, Eric Bledsoe and others).

Hey Nate, Do you think Irving will wait till the signing period to start to decide or do you think he will decide before then? Also where do we stand with Vee Sanford? Thanks

Guest BillikenReport

Hey Nate, Do you think Irving will wait till the signing period to start to decide or do you think he will decide before then? Also where do we stand with Vee Sanford? Thanks

Irving will probably decide after visiting Kansas State, which could happen very soon.

I think SLU is still in the mix with Sanford, but I don't know who else he is considering.

The Lee kid might be back in play if the Bilikens are intrested. The old Liberty coach stepped down a week ago and they just hired a new coach today.

Guest BillikenReport

The Lee kid might be back in play if the Bilikens are intrested. The old Liberty coach stepped down a week ago and they just hired a new coach today.

I think SLU moved on from him a while ago, even before the commitments from Salecich and Reid.

I also don't think Lee fills the need they are looking for of either a point guard or a combo guard who can handle some time at the point.

I think SLU moved on from him a while ago, even before the commitments from Salecich and Reid.

I also don't think Lee fills the need they are looking for of either a point guard or a combo guard who can handle some time at the point.

If a PG is picked up do they have another scholarship to give?

Prior to RM and PM as coaches: we would enter this period, desparately, with no one listed on ESPN listed as interested in SLU.

Now we worry how we are going to have scholarships for those wanting them.

Pretty soon we will have better quality walkons and redshirts willing to pay tuition or having academic scholarships.

Guest BillikenReport

This is what I wrote earlier today on the Harrellson thread...

SLU will have seven players returning next season, including Eckerle. You add in the five signed/committed players for next year to get 12.

You can add one more with the 13th scholarship, which will likely go to one of the guards they are recruiting. But if Eckerle isn't on scholarship, they could give that one away to someone.

I think I have this broken down correctly. If not, please correct it.

This is what I wrote earlier today on the Harrellson thread...

SLU will have seven players returning next season, including Eckerle. You add in the five signed/committed players for next year to get 12.

You can add one more with the 13th scholarship, which will likely go to one of the guards they are recruiting. But if Eckerle isn't on scholarship, they could give that one away to someone.

I think I have this broken down correctly. If not, please correct it.

Rivals has Irving as a *** recruit, does that * star indicate that Scout hasn't evaluated him?

Guest BillikenReport

Rivals has Irving as a *** recruit, does that * star indicate that Scout hasn't evaluated him?

Probably. But the star system is, for the most part, meaningless anyway.

My favorite part:

Keller shouted: 'You want to take this outside? C’mon, let’s go, I’ll kick your [expletive]! I’ll beat the [expletive] out of you.' They marched out to the parking lot, where the other man took off his shirt and wristwatch and laid them on the hood of a car, but before they could brawl, one of Keller’s other employees grabbed his arm and led him back toward the gym.

“This camp in particular is branded nationally,” [Keller] said. “It sells out six months in advance. We’ve got 900 kids on the waiting list.”

“It’s not about money to me,” he went on. “I just try to create an avenue so the kids can learn things and be something in life. It’s about character, integrity, hard work, knowing the difference between right versus wrong. If they get that down, they’ll have a good life.”

Sure...it's all about character, integrity, and hard work. Does that come before or after the "kicking the crap out of someone" lesson.