Kentucky Transfers

They get attention only because they are two recruits who wanted to come to SLU but deemed not good enough by our highly esteemed former coach.

slu72 that statement works for ahearn. but rickma laid it all out there for harrelson and he spurned us for the bigtime. he doesnt deserve the same breath as ahearn. if harrelson truly wanted to come to slu he had more than enough time to commit to slu after he went to swic. he lied to western illinois and imo he would have been lying to slu as well. karma that he is in his current position.

They get attention only because they are two recruits who wanted to come to SLU but deemed not good enough by our highly esteemed former coach.

Why post this false crap? We helped JH get his release and he stabbed us in the back. In the long run we will be much better off that he did not come to SLU. Willie and Bret got a chance to play and they proved they have considerable future potential. JH was an egomaniac who had not clue as to his real ability. I cannot imagine why we are even talking about him anymore.

Josh Harrellson just needs a couple more years under his belt and he'll be right up there with Blake Ahearn as the most talked about non Billiken in the program's history.

my vote goes to Craig Upchurch as the most talked about non Billiken

slu72 that statement works for ahearn. but rickma laid it all out there for harrelson and he spurned us for the bigtime. he doesnt deserve the same breath as ahearn. if harrelson truly wanted to come to slu he had more than enough time to commit to slu after he went to swic. he lied to western illinois and imo he would have been lying to slu as well. karma that he is in his current position.

Why post this false crap? We helped JH get his release and he stabbed us in the back. In the long run we will be much better off that he did not come to SLU. Willie and Bret got a chance to play and they proved they have considerable future potential. JH was an egomaniac who had not clue as to his real ability. I cannot imagine why we are even talking about him anymore.

Is it really an inaccurate statement? I infer he was saying that Coach Soderberg passed on each (Ahearn and Harrellson).

Is it really an inaccurate statement? I infer he was saying that Coach Soderberg passed on each (Ahearn and Harrellson).

72 was dead on. If Brad had wanted Harrellson, he'd be a Billiken right now. Its as simple as that.

my vote goes to Craig Upchurch as the most talked about non Billiken

For us older fans, Craig Upchurch definitely wins the prize, much more so than the others. Right on the cusp of breaking through to the NCAA Tourney. How about a frontline of Gray, Upchurch and Bonner.

To Billiken Roy and Billikan, I meant Soderberg not Rickma. I know RM went after him hard, but wasn't it Soderberg who told him to wait until the spring of his SR year so he could fully evaluate him? If this is not true, mea culpas on my part. We all know Sodie passed on Ahern and, I thought, semi passed on Harrelson.

Guest BillikenReport

I know RM went after him hard, but wasn't it Soderberg who told him to wait until the spring of his SR year so he could fully evaluate him?

That's the story BS apparently told people, but it's not the truth based on what I've heard.

That's the story BS apparently told people, but it's not the truth based on what I've heard.

so you want to believe the kid that welched on his SIGNED LOI to western illinois because he said, he had to be closer to home then took off for lexington which is 4x as far away, but not believe soderberg who made that statement to the entire billiken club. ok. :blink:

Guest BillikenReport

so you want to believe the kid that welched on his SIGNED LOI to western illinois because he said, he had to be closer to home then took off for lexington which is 4x as far away, but not believe soderberg who made that statement to the entire billiken club. ok. :blink:

Roy,

I have my reasons for believing what I believe.

Roy,

I have my reasons for believing what I believe.

unless you were there, it still seems like it comes down to which one do you believe. now if you want to tell me that you were there and soderberg flat out said he didnt want harrelson to harrelson's face and did not ask him to wait till spring to sign, that is a different story.

you have proven to be a truthful and sincere person and great reporter. that would have me change my perspective.

Guest BillikenReport

unless you were there, it still seems like it comes down to which one do you believe.

My opinion was formed from information gathered from people other than BS and JH.

And I'm not talking about info from people close to JH, either.