Anderson offered UGA job

Bishop

I say if Cal leaves for UK then a Red Sox - Yankees bidding war takes place for Anderson and he leaves.

After that run to the Elite 8 in 3 years these schools will over pay.

I agree, Alden is praying that Calipari stays at Memphis

I say if Cal leaves for UK then a Red Sox - Yankees bidding war takes place for Anderson and he leaves.

After that run to the Elite 8 in 3 years these schools will over pay.

Georgia is willing to overpay for a coach because they want to compete with Florida in basketball. They don't need Memphis to go to a level that Mizzou can't match. They know they don't have history to offer so they will try to compensate for that with boatloads of money. If Mizzou keeps Anderson it won't be becaused they matched or came close to GA's offer.

Guest BillikenReport

Georgia is willing to overpay for a coach because they want to compete with Florida in basketball. They don't need Memphis to go to a level that Mizzou can't match. They know they don't have history to offer so they will try to compensate for that with boatloads of money. If Mizzou keeps Anderson it won't be becaused they matched or came close to GA's offer.

I could see a bidding war between Memphis and Georgia for Anderson, with one of the schools eventually making an offer the coach can't refuse.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal beat writer said on ESPN that Anderson would probably be at the top of the wish list.

Guest BillikenReport

Tell that to his agent, a super-agent, based in Memphis.

He may have left a million dollars a year on the table, but you can bet he'll be able to use this new contract and what it means in recruiting.

He'll be able to sell to potential recruits how committed he is to the Missouri program and how the Tigers are a better option than schools like Georgia or Memphis.

Guest BillikenReport

Also ...

With Anderson out of the picture for the Memphis job, one of the names already circulating is that Xavier coach Sean Miller will be a leading candidate.

That would be an interesting hire. Miller is obviously in a good situation at X, but at a place like Memphis may find the opportunity to make more of a mark on the national landscape of college hoops and position himself for an even better job down the road. That could be a job that is good enough for him to leave X for.

Also ...

With Anderson out of the picture for the Memphis job, one of the names already circulating is that Xavier coach Sean Miller will be a leading candidate.

That would be an interesting hire. Miller is obviously in a good situation at X, but at a place like Memphis may find the opportunity to make more of a mark on the national landscape of college hoops and position himself for an even better job down the road. That could be a job that is good enough for him to leave X for.

Nate.....

Calipari leaves a big shadow in Memphis, his sucessor will need to be a guy that has a huge personailty and an even bigger ego.......

I think Sean Miller is great.......I'm not sure how good he will be as the "front man" for Memphis - that is an essential

and we are saying dont believe everything you read especially when it is coming from an agent.

Looks like I was right.

I'm giving you a little grief about the whole "don't believe what you read line". The subject is irrelevant.

Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids.

I bet your brother's kids beat you. ;)

Also ...

I see Memphis as a lateral move for Miller - now if they throw lots of money his way then maybe but he could get a BCS school and make good money there if he wanted right now. Memphis is Memphis only because of Calipari - CUSA will cause that program to regress.

Also ...

You don't want to be the guy the replaces "The Guy".