St. Marys' Aussies

bauman

In checking to see what yr. patty Mills is, I noticed that St. Marys' has 5 players from "Down Under.'

Obviously Randy B. has a pipeline going and I presume he is not too happy with RM horning in on his party and getting some of the best recruits.

In checking to see what yr. patty Mills is, I noticed that St. Marys' has 5 players from "Down Under.'

Obviously Randy B. has a pipeline going and I presume he is not too happy with RM horning in on his party and getting some of the best recruits.

They also have 3 more Aussies signed to come play at SMC next year.

Majerus has been recruiting Australia for a lot longer than Randy Bennett.

They even have an Australian flag hanging in their gym. Pretty shrewd.

St. Mary's is pretty shrewd in their recruitment of Australia. According to their AD who was interviewed at halftime in a recent game, St. Mary's has an arrangement with one of the TV networks over there to pick up about 20 of their games for broadcast so that the Aussies can see the team play. Smart thinking there.

It would behoove SLU to try and get a home and home series with St. Mary's to try and tap into that exposure. It would be good PR for our program as well.

SLU Fan

St. Mary's is pretty shrewd in their recruitment of Australia. According to their AD who was interviewed at halftime in a recent game, St. Mary's has an arrangement with one of the TV networks over there to pick up about 20 of their games for broadcast so that the Aussies can see the team play. Smart thinking there.

It would behoove SLU to try and get a home and home series with St. Mary's to try and tap into that exposure. It would be good PR for our program as well.

SLU Fan

So Australians can see 20 St. Mary's games, but St. Louisans only get to see a handful of SLU games. Love ya, A-10!

Majerus has been recruiting Australia for a lot longer than Randy Bennett.

Gosh courtside, I wonder how Randy even gets anyone from there. Especially when you consider that Rick has also been a Head Coach for longer than Randy and in addition to all of that Rick is even older than Randy.

Thanks for another insightful post.

This was your original post. As I said, Majerus has had relationships in Australia far longer than Bennett. Majerus won't be "horning in on Bennett's party," because Majerus has had relationships there for a long time prior to Bennett.

SLU Fan

Very clever, indeed. Here's the link: http://www.smcgaels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?D...;ATCLID=3634373

ESPN Australia is growing in viewership. The problem, of course, is the timing of the games. The games will be on when kids are in school (or in the wee hours of the morning). They better hope ESPN repeats them or the kids have Foxtel IQ.