How are we counting attendance this year?

bonwich

Could they have included some of the attendence from the womens game?

That is a very good point. We saw some friends at Triumph (which I thought was disappointing, BTW). They had just left the women's game and were going to have dinner, but were NOT going back for the men's game. That may explain a lot of the empty seats. I was really disappointed that there were so many empty seats, especially in the season ticketholder seats near the court. That was BS.

I would assume they count paid attendance. Which would make sense, since the majority of the missing seats were in the expensive season ticket holder section. All those folks probably just went to bed at their winter homes in Naples. I just wish if they weren't using their tickets they would give them away or let the U re-sell them. Frustrating when I am up high and empty seats are down low.

I would assume they count paid attendance. Which would make sense, since the majority of the missing seats were in the expensive season ticket holder section. All those folks probably just went to bed at their winter homes in Naples. I just wish if they weren't using their tickets they would give them away or let the U re-sell them. Frustrating when I am up high and empty seats are down low.

one thing i recently found out is that some of the high roller seats are owned by individuals/companies that also have suites at the fetz. i.e. while no one is sitting in the seats, they might have quite a few folks upstairs watching the game.

one thing i recently found out is that some of the high roller seats are owned by individuals/companies that also have suites at the fetz. i.e. while no one is sitting in the seats, they might have quite a few folks upstairs watching the game.

Good point. How did you enjoy your "new" seat last night?

Good point. How did you enjoy your "new" seat last night?

i had fun. that is still a great view and i loved getting into the game with the kids. the bleachers were shaking a number of times.

i kept waiting for mike to ask me to play cowbell or something.

you guys need to find more songs for your L.S. to perform. he does a great job and now that you are getting the right mix with his mike it sounds good. that is a nice touch no other pep band does.

i liked the simon sez guy giving you all props!

I think they are just using the tickers.. which leads me to ask.. are the students counted? Last I knew the swiper for student season tickets was not working and surely they aren't counting the flashing IDs. Now, I'm sure there were enough students there to fill the section up, but is the 10,603 excluding students? Next time I see Chuck or Kosha, I'll ask.

Last night I was told that students who bought seats in the upper deck behind the baskets had moved down and were squeezed into the Blue Crew section. They were sitting in the aisles and crammed into the section -- helps explain the many empty seats up high on the ends.

I think they are just using the tickers.. which leads me to ask.. are the students counted? Last I knew the swiper for student season tickets was not working and surely they aren't counting the flashing IDs. Now, I'm sure there were enough students there to fill the section up, but is the 10,603 excluding students? Next time I see Chuck or Kosha, I'll ask.

my daughter has had to have her id scanned the last few games to get in.

I believe that the scanners collect the information. However so people came to the womens game with their womens ticket, left and returned with their mens ticket. I brought both of my tickets and they scanned them both when I entereed. :angry:

That is a very good point. We saw some friends at Triumph (which I thought was disappointing, BTW). They had just left the women's game and were going to have dinner, but were NOT going back for the men's game. That may explain a lot of the empty seats. I was really disappointed that there were so many empty seats, especially in the season ticketholder seats near the court. That was BS.

I'm curious to know what you meant by "disappointing" in regard to Triumph. I had hoped to have dinner there with our group, but when I tried to get reservations about 3 weeks ago, they were already booked. We ended up having an early dinner at Buffalo Brewing. It is not fancy, but it is hard to beat the price and the food is pretty good. The downside is that it is small and there are no reservations. But we got there early and got a table without waiting. Ten minutes later and we would have had at least an hour wait.