blueout and blizzard games

slu needs to start now really hammering home the concept of the blizzard and blue out games. imo those two games (st joes and dayton) might be the key games to putting us in a position to have a shot at a 4 seed in the conference tourney which of course will be huge in the death march to win the conference tourney.

i think we have proven on any given night we can play with all the teams or we can get beat like a rented mule. making that arena a sea of blue or white will be huge in creating an intimidating atmosphere to help the team imo. we should be doing more than depending on guy phillips to remind us on wednesday night.

slu needs to start now really hammering home the concept of the blizzard and blue out games. imo those two games (st joes and dayton) might be the key games to putting us in a position to have a shot at a 4 seed in the conference tourney which of course will be huge in the death march to win the conference tourney.

i think we have proven on any given night we can play with all the teams or we can get beat like a rented mule. making that arena a sea of blue or white will be huge in creating an intimidating atmosphere to help the team imo. we should be doing more than depending on guy phillips to remind us on wednesday night.

is SLU handing out white t-shirts at the game for these blizzard or blueout games? If not, there has to be a vendor selling cheap, $5 blue or white shirts with some sort of slu logo or writing on them if we actually want to pull this off. i highly doubt the expert SLU athletic marketing team has it in them to pull it off. as a result, there has to be easy access to CHEAP t-shirts to really white the place out.

we have a shot at the 4 seed. albiet an outside one but if we play like we have been the past 3 games, we may do it.

is SLU handing out white t-shirts at the game for these blizzard or blueout games? If not, there has to be a vendor selling cheap, $5 blue or white shirts with some sort of slu logo or writing on them if we actually want to pull this off. i highly doubt the expert SLU athletic marketing team has it in them to pull it off. as a result, there has to be easy access to CHEAP t-shirts to really white the place out.

we have a shot at the 4 seed. albiet an outside one but if we play like we have been the past 3 games, we may do it.

They gave away the BLUEOUT shirts last year. I wear mine proudly all the time.

Will they put blue t shirts over the empty student bleachers? ;)

Seriously, I'm with you on this. Let's hope someone in the athletic department realizes this.

Last time I heard, no T-Shirts for the Blizzard, 1st 5000 get T-shirts for the Blue Out.

Blizzard - Dairy Queen - Advertising/Marketing - Product Promotion - Giveaway if Bills score over 70 - Possible Sponsor of Game Night.

That's a great idea! Wonder if our crackerjack Marketing staffers have thought to approach the local DQ folks about game sponsorship? What a great tie in this should be. I'm sure most of the STL residents know that DQ gives away a free Blizzard after any game in which the Blues score 5 or more goals, so obviously the Company has an interest in local sports.

As RB2.0 said, we really can't count on the SLU Ath Dept. to get anything about these games right. Before writing this post, I thought it would be good to know what the school has on it's web site about these two games----------------------I went to the home page for SLU athletics, and saw NOTHING! Wait there is a tab labeled "Promotions." Surely, if I click on that I might find that some really good promotional info on these two games is being hidden there. I went to that tab and found-----------------------------NOTHING about these two games! How can that be, since they say at that location that it "will be your spot to keep up to date on the latest theme nights and giveaways...." To be fair, there are 3 links listed at the Gameday Promotions tab---------Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer and Women's Volleyball.--------------Wait, haven't all 3 of those sports been done for 2-3 months???????

What a sorry excuse for a "major" college Ath. Dept. Marketing Dept./Web site!!!! Mr. May and his staff need some shaking up. Possibly they could use the revenues generated from charging boosters $7.00 for beer at BC mtgs. to get an intern to look after the web site and then spend the rest on actually promoting these games.

This is a disgrace and should not be defended by any of the usual apologists for the Chris May regime!

OMG - look what I found on slubillikens.com

Traditions

2009 BLUE CREW WEEK

Feb. 14th - Pink Zone - Women's Basketball vs. George Washington - Chaifetz Arena - 2:00 P.M.

FREE ADMISSION

First 500 receive a commerative PinkZone t-shirt

Feb. 15th - Blue Crew 3 on 3 Tournament - Chaifetz Pavilion - 12:00 P.M.

Feb. 17th - Breakfast in the Quad - 9:00 - 11:00 A.M.

FREE coffee and doughnuts in the Quad courtesy of the Blue Crew

Feb. 18th - Billiken Blizzard Pregame Party - Chaifetz Pavilion - 7:00 P.M.

Live DJ

Giveaways and prizes

Free Food courtesy of Outback Steakhouse

Feb. 18th - Billiken Blizzard - Men's Basketball vs. Saint Joseph's - Chaifetz Arena - 9:00 P.M.

Nationally televised game

First 1,500 students in attendance receive a commerative Billiken Blizzard t-shirt (must show SLU ID)

Feb. 21st - Billiken Blue Out Double Header - Women's Basketball vs. Xavier - 4:00 P.M. / Men's Basketball vs. Dayton - 7:00 P.M.

First 5,000 in attendance receive a commerative Billiken Blue Out t-shirt

the gift shop has been selling a cheap $5 tshirt all season long. bare bones, blue t with SLU on the front.

OMG - look what I found on slubillikens.com

Traditions

2009 BLUE CREW WEEK

Feb. 14th - Pink Zone - Women's Basketball vs. George Washington - Chaifetz Arena - 2:00 P.M.

FREE ADMISSION

First 500 receive a commerative PinkZone t-shirt

Feb. 15th - Blue Crew 3 on 3 Tournament - Chaifetz Pavilion - 12:00 P.M.

Feb. 17th - Breakfast in the Quad - 9:00 - 11:00 A.M.

FREE coffee and doughnuts in the Quad courtesy of the Blue Crew

Feb. 18th - Billiken Blizzard Pregame Party - Chaifetz Pavilion - 7:00 P.M.

Live DJ

Giveaways and prizes

Free Food courtesy of Outback Steakhouse

Feb. 18th - Billiken Blizzard - Men's Basketball vs. Saint Joseph's - Chaifetz Arena - 9:00 P.M.

Nationally televised game

First 1,500 students in attendance receive a commerative Billiken Blizzard t-shirt (must show SLU ID)

Feb. 21st - Billiken Blue Out Double Header - Women's Basketball vs. Xavier - 4:00 P.M. / Men's Basketball vs. Dayton - 7:00 P.M.

First 5,000 in attendance receive a commerative Billiken Blue Out t-shirt

DaEastSide,

Where is that Traditions link listed on the official web site? I don't see it when I go there. If it is there and is hard to find, does it serve any purpose? Or do I just not see it or have the ability to find it?

By the way, wouldn't you expect to find this info under Gameday Promotions and not Traditions? When did the Blizzard game become a "tradition?"

DaEastSide,

Where is that Traditions link listed on the official web site? I don't see it when I go there. If it is there and is hard to find, does it serve any purpose? Or do I just not see it or have the ability to find it?

By the way, wouldn't you expect to find this info under Gameday Promotions and not Traditions? When did the Blizzard game become a "tradition?"

At first, I did the search in the upper left corner for "Billiken Blizzard" and hit the page. You can go to Billiken Sports Marketing and click on the Blue Crew drop down. I guess the Blue Crew is the "Traditions"

I would at least link something to the top of the website where they have rotating ads for Pink Zone, Blizzard and Blue Out, but that would be too easy. If you click on Pink Zone square on the main page, you get info regarding that promotion.

You would think something would be in GameDay Promotions but that has not been updated since the fall sports season.

At first, I did the search in the upper left corner for "Billiken Blizzard" and hit the page. You can go to Billiken Sports Marketing and click on the Blue Crew drop down. I guess the Blue Crew is the "Traditions"

I would at least link something to the top of the website where they have rotating ads for Pink Zone, Blizzard and Blue Out, but that would be too easy. If you click on Pink Zone square on the main page, you get info regarding that promotion.

You would think something would be in GameDay Promotions but that has not been updated since the fall sports season.

it should be on the front page at slubillikens.com easy to find every day until they are over.

it should be on the front page at slubillikens.com easy to find every day until they are over.

It is on the front page. Upper right hand corner. I didn't see it at first. (small monitor) You have to slide your bottom bar over to see it (if your unable to open it completely on your monitor). As you open additional pages, the message rotates to other promotions.

It is on the front page. Upper right hand corner. I didn't see it at first. (small monitor) You have to slide your bottom bar over to see it (if your unable to open it completely on your monitor). As you open additional pages, the message rotates to other promotions.

But you can not click on it like the Pink Zone that is rotated in the spot. If casual Joe fan came upon that and saw either Blue Out or Blizzard, would not you think you would want to tell them what is going on or what they need to do.

DaEastSide,

When did the Blizzard game become a "tradition?"

This week