MAJERUS ON RADIO NOW

AGB91

Guest BillikenReport

This is great. They've been trying to cut to a commercial for 5 minutes!!

Some of the highlights of Majerus's radio appearances are when they start playing the go-to-break music and then give up because they realize coach isn't going to stop talking.

Perhaps they should just fade out and go to commercial and let him continue his stream-of-consciousness and then, after the break, cue Rammer so that he can TRY to steer him back toward a caller or caller's topic. They do have to "pay the bills."

How in the world did Majerus manage to do analysis for ESPN?

Thanks for the heads up about the show. I heard a little bit toward the end. A couple interesting things. Raving about Femi, saying he's really progressed. Said he wrote a letter to the conference about one of the refs yesterday. He said he's never done that before as he is not one to usually get after the refs. The most intriguing thing I heard was that he said he looked forward to trying something next year on defense that he has never tried - a 1-3-1 with Mitchell roaming the baseline, Willie in the middle and Jonathon Smith out front. He sounds enamored with Smith's athleticism and long wing span, to play on the floor at the same time with Willie. If anybody else heard anything else, please share.

Some of the highlights of Majerus's radio appearances are when they start playing the go-to-break music and then give up because they realize coach isn't going to stop talking.

I usually love RickMa's show but I thought last night was a train wreck. Really they need to either not take calls or simply get rid of the callers after a quick question or comment. It was so disjointed and awkward last night with Rammer keeping those callers on the air I had to turn it off.

Thanks for the heads up about the show. I heard a little bit toward the end. A couple interesting things. Raving about Femi, saying he's really progressed. Said he wrote a letter to the conference about one of the refs yesterday. He said he's never done that before as he is not one to usually get after the refs. The most intriguing thing I heard was that he said he looked forward to trying something next year on defense that he has never tried - a 1-3-1 with Mitchell roaming the baseline, Willie in the middle and Jonathon Smith out front. He sounds enamored with Smith's athleticism and long wing span, to play on the floor at the same time with Willie. If anybody else heard anything else, please share.

I heard Coach Majerus talk about playing that 1-3-1 next year too. He specifically mentioned this Jonathan Smith on top, K. Mitchell on the baseline, and Willie Reed in the middle.

Coach is clearly quite high on Willie Reed, and so am I after seeing him play twice in person. When Willie blocked a shot at one end and then came down and dunked at the other against UMBC, I couldn't believe SLU has a guy like this wearing the Billiken uniform. We've needed a guy like Willie for as long as I've been a SLU fan, which goes back nearly 4 decades now.

Coach said he is not necessarily finished recruiting. He might sign another player. Paul Eckerle is still in Coach's plans, but would understand re that scholarship.

I still hope the future is bright. There's been another thread re Marquette today, of which I've been a part. But Al McGuire was always one of my favorite coaches and broadcasters. And one of Al's favorite sayings as a broadcaster was that the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.

Again my fellow Billikens, keep the faith.