The only thing uglier than tonight's game was...

...the new "fight song." I thought the competition was to create a new fight song, not two butcher the lyrics to the existing one.

This looked a lot like a typical Vashon game--one team outquicked, outdefended, outskilled, and outclassed the other. Unfortunately, we were not Vashon in my analogy.

Against the better athletic teams we have not fared too well this season, and not too surprising as we just don't match up very well against them.

The good news is that new troops are on the way, and in saying that I am still holding out some hope although I have nothing to base it on the Tommie will qualify for school in the fall. No shame in losing but the margin tonight should open more eyes to the fact that Coach Soderberg still has some work to do to get us to the next level.

That was the first time in as long as I can remember that I left a game with more than a minute or two left (I left with 12 minutes left). It was readily apparent to me that we had zero chance of coming back in this game, and I had a number of things to do back at home.

i was trying to think of uglier games of recent years (ekker time gave us plenty of tonite's action). i am thinking nick van exel gave us a licking similar to our beating tonite. the georgia tech game a couple of years ago was about as bad.

it just seemed we didnt show up. we are not that bad.

Ever since they announced that contest, I could tell it had "flop" written all over it. Real fight songs are corny enough, and ones that are written in a week and that no one knows the words to or how to sing just come off sounding really pathetic. What's wrong with just chanting "S!A!INT! L!O!UIS!"? I think that sounds so much better.

I made it to 6 minutes left.

As soon as I saw the L'Ville big man dribble twice at the top of the key, spin arounfd looking for someone to pass to and start dribbling again a minute later I knew I would not be able to stomach anything more.

Billikens were terrible tonight. Outclassed compeltely and gave little effort.

here's what i should have entered as a joke for the contest:

here in middle america

where the missouri meets the mississippi,

stl might be no middle earth,

but our man's still doctor shippey.

you're up against the billiken

that's your original sin

just try to take it on the chin

and we'll hit you again and again

all you'll have is double vision

of the mighty billiken

and you'll need a big fill of gin