SLU to Australia in 2010

TheA_Bomb

The announcer said that SLU is scheduled to take the whole team to Australia after next season ends. Good stuff and bodes well for recruting a few more Aussies.

PS Nicole Kidman is from Australia.

PPS did you know they have their own kind of football overthere? I forgot what's it's called but it has a few different rules.

The announcer said that SLU is scheduled to take the whole team to Australia after next season ends. Good stuff and bodes well for recruting a few more Aussies.

PPS did you know they have their own kind of football overthere? I forgot what's it's called but it has a few different rules.

Let's hope next season doesn't end until April.

Seriously, will they go in the summer?

Good to hear.

And Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger, Hugh Jackman, Kate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush, Elle Macpherson, Naomi Watts, Toni Collette, Anthony LaPaglia, the punter for the Arizona Cardinals, and many more...

You're talking about Aussie Rules (AFL), Rugby, or Rugby League.

That sounds great a Tour Down Under , will be interesting to see the 2 young Aussies playing college ball in Oz , By the way the game us Aussies play that is not played much anywhere else in the world is Aussie Rules and it is also a sport we lose a number of our basket ballers to every year

Blinky I will cut you some slack since you are foreigner and new to this board. I was actually joking about the Australian Rules football thing. I knew it all along. We Americans are crazy like that sometimes.

Couple of things you should know about this board:

1. I'm kinda' a smart a#$

2. Footes is a complete idiot

However, I do think it is a good thing to get the team away from it all build some camraderie right before this current Freshman class enters their JR. season. They should be projected to make some noise that season. Also what a good way to bring those Australian recruits home and maybe bring in some more. How many Catholics you have down there in Australi. I think Nicole Kidman is Catholic as is Mel Gibson that's about 40% of the Australians I know so I'm guessing about 35% Catholic?*

*this poll is completely scientific

Majerus tries to give each player he recruits a chance to play a game close to home, even the international players. When Rick was at Utah, he took one of his teams on an offseason tour of Europe, which included a stop to play in Finland, which is the home country former Utah Ute Hanno Mottola. With the two commitments from Aussies, it made me think that sometime in the next couple years we would go on some kind of off-season tour of Australia.

The Billikens.

Men Boys at Work.

Have a Vegemite sandwich for me!

Teams can take International tours once every four years under NCAA rules.

And Bec Cartwright is one of my favorite Australians. (Though not a fan of her husband)

Blinky I will cut you some slack since you are foreigner and new to this board. I was actually joking about the Australian Rules football thing. I knew it all along. We Americans are crazy like that sometimes.

Couple of things you should know about this board:

1. I'm kinda' a smart a#$

2. Footes is a complete idiot

However, I do think it is a good thing to get the team away from it all build some camraderie right before this current Freshman class enters their JR. season. They should be projected to make some noise that season. Also what a good way to bring those Australian recruits home and maybe bring in some more. How many Catholics you have down there in Australi. I think Nicole Kidman is Catholic as is Mel Gibson that's about 40% of the Australians I know so I'm guessing about 35% Catholic?*

*this poll is completely scientific

blinky, here's what you need to know...

1. There is no one in the world who is less funny than A-bomb, but I guess that reading the posts by him in this thread make it pretty clear. If you have to tell everyone how clever you are, you're probably mistaken.

2. The only thing worse than his sense of humor would be the lame personal attacks.

blinky, here's what you need to know...

1. There is no one in the world who is less funny than A-bomb, but I guess that reading the posts by him in this thread make it pretty clear. If you have to tell everyone how clever you are, you're probably mistaken.

2. The only thing worse than his sense of humor would be the lame personal attacks.

Come on. Please knock it off. Don't drag blinky into your little pissing match. The guy is providing us a little insight from a million miles away on a couple of our recruits. He is a welcome presence on the board. You run the risk of driving people away with this type of garbage.

Teams can take International tours once every four years under NCAA rules.

And Bec Cartwright is one of my favorite Australians. (Though not a fan of her husband)

I'm surprised anyone outside of Australia knows who Bec Cartwright is - I didn't figure you for a Home and Away fan, courtside.

Come on. Please knock it off. Don't drag blinky into your little pissing match. The guy is providing us a little insight from a million miles away on a couple of our recruits. He is a welcome presence on the board. You run the risk of driving people away with this type of garbage.

talk to the one who instigates.

common ground for Fanin and Courtside .... that's nice.

Ha ha. Wishful thinking skip, I didn't say I like her, just expressed surprise that my pal courtside had heard of her!

I don't think we disagreed much - if at all - in the last soccer posts, but then again we weren't talking about SLU soccer.

Ha ha. Wishful thinking skip, I didn't say I like her, just expressed surprise that my pal courtside had heard of her!

I don't think we disagreed much - if at all - in the last soccer posts, but then again we weren't talking about SLU soccer.

Expressing surprise to my response means you are making assumptions, something of which you have done with frequency here. This would be not all that different in past examples regarding SLU athletics. Random example off of the top of my head, you assumed incorrectly that I had not seen SLU's incoming Freshman play prior to coming to SLU, among other assumptions you have made on a variety of topics with some regularity which often times leads to false conclusions and miscommunications.

Plenty of people on here live, or have lived Internationally, or have lived multiple places domestically, and also travel with great frequency, domestically and Internationally, ...self-included.

You were likely joking,(again, I won't assume because I am uncertain) but you also assumed I liked the Australian Soap Opera that you mentioned of which Bec Cartwright has starred. Actually, no, I am indiffernet in regards to her television show. My response was based mostly on superficial, physical appearance. Had the question been nearby New Zealand I likely would have likely gone with Rachel Hunter off of the top of my head, or if it were a little Northwest of there, in South Asia or India, perhaps an Aishwarya Rai or Freida Pinto would have been possible responses.

I believe the message is to not assume so much, and explore for yourself and/or ask questions of which things you do not know the answer.

Expressing surprise to my response means you are making assumptions, something of which you have done with frequency here. This would be not all that different in past examples regarding SLU athletics. Random example off of the top of my head, you assumed incorrectly that I had not seen SLU's incoming Freshman play prior to coming to SLU, among other assumptions you have made on a variety of topics with some regularity which often times leads to false conclusions and miscommunications.

Plenty of people on here live, or have lived Internationally, or have lived multiple places domestically, and also travel with great frequency, domestically and Internationally, ...self-included.

You were likely joking,(again, I won't assume because I am uncertain) but you also assumed I liked the Australian Soap Opera that you mentioned of which Bec Cartwright has starred. Actually, no, I am indiffernet in regards to her television show. My response was based mostly on superficial, physical appearance. Had the question been nearby New Zealand I likely would have likely gone with Rachel Hunter off of the top of my head, or if it were a little Northwest of there, in South Asia or India, perhaps an Aishwarya Rai or Freida Pinto would have been possible responses.

I believe the message is to not assume so much, and explore for yourself and/or ask questions of which things you do not know the answer.

Once a donkey always a donkey.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you courtside as your blatant lying in our previous exchange was simply too much for me. It's an internet board and dealing with buffoons who attempt to discredit to make themselves (that is, their message board persona) look good aren't worth the time of day.

That said,

1. I have finally met - virtually - someone with no sense of humor. This actually explains a lot about your reaction to other posts. Interesting indeed. No, this isn't an assumption, it's a fact!

1. I didn't assume you hadn't seen Mitchell play prior to his junior year in high school - I simply called BS on it. You've lied on other matters, so no different year. Others believed your lame 'I've watched many games, in many places' but I didn't, and still don't buy it. You still haven't named the place and time. Not an assumption at all...just think you're full of crap.

2. You obviously haven't run a business or been involved in any meaningful transaction. If you had been, you would actually realize that assumptions are a necessary part of business/transactions/life. Yes, the first part of this bullet point is an assuption.

3. Are you equating knowing Bec Cartwright, a third-rate actor and airhead-extraordinaire, with travelling or living abroad? No assumption made on this one, but it's not as if she is world famous. Surprised anyone outside Oz and NZ, much less some idiot on Bills.com, has heard of her. But anyway, where have you lived, courtside? [note, c-side never answers when he's either caught in a lie or completely offbase and wrong -- still waiting to hear how he's very familiar with Columbus but said OSU didn't have any locals when they had 6 on the roster from the suburban area?)

4. Courtside, you see things with home-town blinders on and reality passes you by. Open up to the world, you'll learn something and probably enjoy it much more. Still think SLU is a top 5 team? It was obvious to most that they weren't from the opening two games. Or are you still under the assumption that Loyola Marymount men's soccer is a much improved team in 2008? (note, yes they did finish under .500 again, as I guaranteed they would much to courtside's consternation). Still holding out hope that San Diego is going to make a run? They too were under .500. Be realistic, and others will take you seriously. Oh, and stop saying how your opinion of matters is 'objective'. It's annoying. Finally, you are not the ultimate authority. It seems to really get to you that others have watched more SLU games than you this year, eh? Or is it just that they could afford to shell out the $100 on the cbs package?

5. I've been saving this one, but you're also a hypocrite. You rail against assumptions, but this whole time you have assumed I am a graduate of Ohio State (check the past, you called me an 'alumni' many times). I never said I was, not once. I said I attended Ohio State and played on the soccer team, but never said I graduated from Ohio State. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but either way you have made a huge assumption! Tisk Tisk.

Now, run along and watch whatever out-of-stater that SLU basketball will recruit in two years time.

Once a donkey always a donkey.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you courtside as your blatant lying in our previous exchange was simply too much for me. It's an internet board and dealing with buffoons who attempt to discredit to make themselves (that is, their message board persona) look good aren't worth the time of day.

That said,

1. I have finally met - virtually - someone with no sense of humor. This actually explains a lot about your reaction to other posts. Interesting indeed. No, this isn't an assumption, it's a fact!

1. I didn't assume you hadn't seen Mitchell play prior to his junior year in high school - I simply called BS on it. You've lied on other matters, so no different year. Others believed your lame 'I've watched many games, in many places' but I didn't, and still don't buy it. You still haven't named the place and time. Not an assumption at all...just think you're full of crap.

2. You obviously haven't run a business or been involved in any meaningful transaction. If you had been, you would actually realize that assumptions are a necessary part of business/transactions/life. Yes, the first part of this bullet point is an assuption.

3. Are you equating knowing Bec Cartwright, a third-rate actor and airhead-extraordinaire, with travelling or living abroad? No assumption made on this one, but it's not as if she is world famous. Surprised anyone outside Oz and NZ, much less some idiot on Bills.com, has heard of her. But anyway, where have you lived, courtside? [note, c-side never answers when he's either caught in a lie or completely offbase and wrong -- still waiting to hear how he's very familiar with Columbus but said OSU didn't have any locals when they had 6 on the roster from the suburban area?)

4. Courtside, you see things with home-town blinders on and reality passes you by. Open up to the world, you'll learn something and probably enjoy it much more. Still think SLU is a top 5 team? It was obvious to most that they weren't from the opening two games. Or are you still under the assumption that Loyola Marymount men's soccer is a much improved team in 2008? (note, yes they did finish under .500 again, as I guaranteed they would much to courtside's consternation). Still holding out hope that San Diego is going to make a run? They too were under .500. Be realistic, and others will take you seriously. Oh, and stop saying how your opinion of matters is 'objective'. It's annoying. Finally, you are not the ultimate authority. It seems to really get to you that others have watched more SLU games than you this year, eh? Or is it just that they could afford to shell out the $100 on the cbs package?

5. I've been saving this one, but you're also a hypocrite. You rail against assumptions, but this whole time you have assumed I am a graduate of Ohio State (check the past, you called me an 'alumni' many times). I never said I was, not once. I said I attended Ohio State and played on the soccer team, but never said I graduated from Ohio State. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but either way you have made a huge assumption! Tisk Tisk.

Now, run along and watch whatever out-of-stater that SLU basketball will recruit in two years time.

You aren't going to get in a ...match....yet you just typed 5 paragraphs of doing so.

You'd do best to stick to the board topics, instead of being obsessed with me. Just because you say something, then repeat it over and over, it doesn't make it true.

1) If you said something funny, perhaps others would laugh?

1 again) I'm not really interested in what you believe or don't believe or like or don't like. My recruiting process evaluation of KM, and pre-season evlauation of KM have both been separately posted here. People can decide for themselves the accuracy of my comments, or credibility of my comments. If anyone has more specific interests, which people sometimes do, they pm me and talk recruiting, high school ball, aau ball etc..More than one poster here have asked about upcoming games, events, and tournaments, and who to watch and what to look for, in games close to their area. AAU in particular is a National schedule, and Playground Warriors were not any different. Sometimes Jamil Wilson, Johnie Lacy, (Playground Warriors version of Bryant Allen) etc.. played up on KM's team because they were dominating the younger age group. SLU also recruited Luke Russell, would you like to break down his game too?

2) We probably wouldn't agree much on business assumptions, but when it comes to relevance, as in message boards, you can assume all you want, but repeated assumptions and/or conclusions based on assumtpions often times lead to miscommunication.

3) Name calling isn't really necessary. Nobody else on this board cares of your dislike of my internet message board posting. I haven't lied in any exchange with or about you on this board. Someone posted about Australia and Australian women and I played along and posted an example. You either asked a serious question, or tried an attempt at humor, and then you followed it up in subsequent posting.

4) You continue to assume here, and again, this only apparently causes yourself great frustration unnecessarily, especially when it comes to where I live, lived, or spend time. You clearly hold some sort of soccer season grudge against me. I can tell you that grudges are unhealthy, and besides, it's a message board. Any SLU soccer posts by me or you have already been made and they speak for themselves. It isn't a contest to see who can watch more games or how many games, or where. I do recall now that you mention it, that initially you posted on here with SLU soccer commentary but at that time you hadn't seen the team play, which seemed rather difficult to take seriously at the time, for such strong opinions. Later you I believe, you posted some thoughts on games or players or the team or something after watching games on the internet, and I believe I didn't comment on this topic at that time. I never said I was the ultimate authority on anything, you just did. I try to stick to the topics, most of which are related to SLU athletics, or in this case, the once in a long while response to a post about attractive women. I believe I have also posted regarding werewolves and coyotes, but that's a whole other topic for another time.

5) Again your posts and mine speak for themselves, including the time and quantity of your posts regarding other institutions.

I would suggest you take this to PM, but the last time you sent me multiple pm's within a very small amount of time without an ability to respond, and the tone and topics were not really conducive to that either.

You can always ignore my posts if that helps you as well.

I would suggest you take this to PM, but the last time you sent me multiple pm's within a very small amount of time without an ability to respond, and the tone and topics were not really conducive to that either.

I believe this started when you over-reacted to Skip's initial post and my response. Relax and enjoy life, man. It's not all that serious.

RE: your quote hilighted above. Here you go again trying to deceive, last time when you explicitly threatened to expose the two (I believe you called them multiple) PMs I sent you, I let the board know that they were exact copies of messages I publicly posted. I wanted to make sure courtside saw them, because they were in response to his lies that Ohio State didn;t even have a soccer team in the late 1980s- early 1990s. The reality is the team has been around since 1953. So again, go ahead and release them to the world. No one will care, but please stop bringing them up as if they weren't posted publicly as well. Oh, and stop lying about not lying...and stop making assumptions that I am making assumptions.

Again my man, relax and enjoy. It's not all that serious. Now again, go collect some cans to fund your next trip to Wisconsin to watch a sophomore in HS that SLU will start recruiting in a year or two...