I thought about doing this last night . . .

AB34

http://deadspin.com/5133934/mr-referee-may...k-word-with-you

Click on the video and wait for a minute.

I really try to give the refs the benefit of the doubt. It's a tough and thankless job. But, they been absurdly horrible this year. At one point, I yelled at them for a bad call on GW.

I don't recall our CUSA refs being so awful . . . anyway, 13 more games of this kind of officiating . . . let's hope someone doesn't stumble out on the court like Shooter in Hoosiers . . . "You're out of position!"

I really try to give the refs the benefit of the doubt. It's a tough and thankless job. But, they been absurdly horrible this year. At one point, I yelled at them for a bad call on GW.

I don't recall our CUSA refs being so awful . . . anyway, 13 more games of this kind of officiating . . . let's hope someone doesn't stumble out on the court like Shooter in Hoosiers . . . "You're out of position!"

Give the characters I sit with a couple more 'Irish Car Bombs' at Triumph and that Shooter scene could become a reality real quick...

The last thing we need are spectators going onto the court to have a word with officials. That said, this ought to be a wake up call to some of these officials. Think about this for a minute. You have basketball games in $70 million dollar arenas, with $1 million dollar coaches and players who, in some cases will be making millions, fans collectively paying $250,000 a game to watch and then a bunch of knuckleheads calling the game and blowing call after call. I know it is a thankless job, but maybe the leagues ought to step up the pay and get professionals in there to do the job right. Clearly, this is a growing issue that needs to be addressed by intelligent individuals making good decisions.

Neither do I. I thought the CUSA refs were consistently "not part of the game".

What is the consensus on A-10 refs from what you have heard? Is the A-10 this badly reffed when, say, Dayton and X are playing, or Temple and St. Joe? Is it because we don't have any good A-10 refs "willing" to fly to St. Louis? Makes me wish we could hire Ed Hightower from time to time! (Or, get some Big 12 or Big 10 "fill-ins"--instead of that last minute fill-in we had the other night).

Has any of our intrepid researchers gone through the other A-10 boards to see what the consensus is on other teams' boards about the officiating?

The refs we get may have to do with scheduling as well. The Missouri State game last night against Illinois State featured both Gerry Pollard and Jim Burr (who has reffed several final fours). Art Haines commented during the radio broadcast that the Sunday night games allow some of the higher profile refs to work the Valley games because the "bigger" conferences use them on Saturday, not Sunday.

Timmerman mentioned in his blog that the younger ref at our game was not originally scheduled to be there, he was a fill-in.

The gray-haired guy (cotton top) we had last night was horrendous for us a couple of games last year, too. Confirms what I've always believed...A10 officials are the worst!

Does anybody on here know cotton top's name. Next game he does for us I want to know beforehand, because he somehow thinks he is the most important part of the game and that we came to see him make a call a minute. He was the worst of the 3, followed closely by the young substitute.

I especially loved how these guys allowed muggings and mayhem to go on for parts of the game then would call a non-game-affecting feather touch, 30 feet from the basket. e.g. BC's fourth foul.

The tv crew in this video is right. Nothing dirty. In fact, I'd have called a charge on Xavier.

Yeah, it sure looked like the Marquette guy was there with his hands straight up. Maybe he was moving a little but it certainly wasn't dirty. I wouldn't have called a foul on it.