Open letter to Billiken fans

Billikan

As a long time fan and reader of this board and its predecessors, we have seemingly always had our share of trolls and some of them seem to have come out of the woodwork. They are not Bills fans and yet they try to decieve people into believing they are fans. A perfect example is the new name for a person I am sure has posted here before but now goes by the moniker mn203. He is not a Bills fan and in fact he hates SLU. Why he bothers to even post here is the question and the answer is that he has nothing better to do than troll interntet boards and post crap that he hopes will be considered as real commentary so he can incite people. I am violating my own rule of ignoring these idiots because I am concerned that this idiot may be taken seriously by some posters or people who are looking at the program from the outside like potential recruits and family members. Please ignore his junk!

In that same vein, the troll known as satrap has now taken to ripping Kevin and to put it simply, those comments are outrageous. Kevin is one of the best players in the history of SLU. The fact that he came here gave a huge boost to the program and he has performed admirably despite several very serious injuries. Some of my very best memories of being a Billiken fan where games where he was lights out like last years Xavier game or games where he was such a dogged defender that his opponent just sort of gave up and started pushing him because he could not get free--like the guy from UMASS a few years ago.

It is now pretty clear to me that Kevin's various injuries are causing him real problems. The fact that he still needs the tape on his hand--after he split it open to the bone--says that he is still not right. It was incredibly unfortunate that he got cheap shotted in an exhibition game and he slammed into the floor on his back. My guess is that the injury from that fall is still not healed. But Kevin does not quit and he never complains. I am sure he is more frustrated than any of us that his shooting has not returned after his injuries. But to personally insult the guy, a wonderful young man who has already graduated, is ridiculous.

I know I am considered a stupid old guy who does not understand that message boards are designed to let idiots like these two insult our team our coach and our players but it still steams me that some may actually take these people seriously and think they are expressing opinions as Billiken fans.

thanks for the info--being a sporatic poster on the board, I am new to stotting these idiots. Why someone would dog on Kevin is beyond me...I mentioned the lack of effort in last night's game against X, but he always puts in hard minutes and does what he can for the TEAM--and that is all I ask of our players--play hard when you're out there. Kevin is a great team player and I am glad to have him on the team.

I never said that I hated SLU. In fact, I've always been a huge fan of the Billikens. It's people like you that keep pretending that everything is GREAT and that Majerus is doing a wonderful job. YOU are the biggest troll of them all! Why don't you speak up and let it be known how you truly feel? You know darn well that SLU hasn't done anything under Majerus. You keep saying in time things will get better. In time? Really? True Billiken fans know that I'm speaking the truth! Majerus was a bad hire and you can't deal with it. It's boring basketball in that awesome new arena! It's really sad!

quote name='Billikan' date='Jan 9 2009, 03:36 PM' post='179873']

As a long time fan and reader of this board and its predecessors, we have seemingly always had our share of trolls and some of them seem to have come out of the woodwork. They are not Bills fans and yet they try to decieve people into believing they are fans. A perfect example is the new name for a person I am sure has posted here before but now goes by the moniker mn203. He is not a Bills fan and in fact he hates SLU. Why he bothers to even post here is the question and the answer is that he has nothing better to do than troll interntet boards and post crap that he hopes will be considered as real commentary so he can incite people. I am violating my own rule of ignoring these idiots because I am concerned that this idiot may be taken seriously by some posters or people who are looking at the program from the outside like potential recruits and family members. Please ignore his junk!

In that same vein, the troll known as satrap has now taken to ripping Kevin and to put it simply, those comments are outrageous. Kevin is one of the best players in the history of SLU. The fact that he came here gave a huge boost to the program and he has performed admirably despite several very serious injuries. Some of my very best memories of being a Billiken fan where games where he was lights out like last years Xavier game or games where he was such a dogged defender that his opponent just sort of gave up and started pushing him because he could not get free--like the guy from UMASS a few years ago.

It is now pretty clear to me that Kevin's various injuries are causing him real problems. The fact that he still needs the tape on his hand--after he split it open to the bone--says that he is still not right. It was incredibly unfortunate that he got cheap shotted in an exhibition game and he slammed into the floor on his back. My guess is that the injury from that fall is still not healed. But Kevin does not quit and he never complains. I am sure he is more frustrated than any of us that his shooting has not returned after his injuries. But to personally insult the guy, a wonderful young man who has already graduated, is ridiculous.

I know I am considered a stupid old guy who does not understand that message boards are designed to let idiots like these two insult our team our coach and our players but it still steams me that some may actually take these people seriously and think they are expressing opinions as Billiken fans.

I never said that I hated SLU. In fact, I've always been a huge fan of the Billikens. It's people like you that keep pretending that everything is GREAT and that Majerus is doing a wonderful job. YOU are the biggest troll of them all! Why don't you speak up and let it be known how you truly feel? You know darn well that SLU hasn't done anything under Majerus. You keep saying in time things will get better. In time? Really? True Billiken fans know that I'm speaking the truth! Majerus was a bad hire and you can't deal with it. It's boring basketball in that awesome new arena! It's really sad!

Go away and leave us all alone.

Who really cares anyway? Not the local media. Not the local citizens. Not the national media for sure. No one, other than the local students who attend SLU, really care; and most of them have the maturity level of a high school freshman. SLU's a joke when it comes to BB. Always a Wannabe.

Who really cares anyway? Not the local media. Not the local citizens. Not the national media for sure. No one, other than the local students who attend SLU, really care; and most of them have the maturity level of a high school freshman. SLU's a joke when it comes to BB. Always a Wannabe.

Now another one of the troll morons comes on with another name. Please set this idiot for ignore!

any other trolls want to sign in so we can facilitate a group delete on the ignore button?

Ummm, don't you think it's a tad bit early to call RM a failure? If SLU is having the same results two years from now I'll be all over him. Not now.

This nitwit, mn203, also posts his hateful drivel on STLToday. I cannot understand why these kids feel the need to lash out at society instead of just being productive members of society. They must be the ones who got stuffed in lockers in high school and they now use internet boards to unleash their latent fury. It would be one thing if they had intelligent, cogent thoughts, but when it is just mean-spirited blather, it is really pathetic. mn203 knows that he will probably end up working for the Kevin Lischs of the world someday so this is his way of getting even in advance. Very sad....

Internet anonymity breeds majestic self-delusion, perceived bullet-proofness, and exaggerated self-perceptions.

On other sites, this guy probably uses words and phrases in communications that include "incredible lover," "magnificently well-hung," "non-stop, ambidextrous pleasure," and "momma says I'm special because I ride the short bus."

I also heard his dad could beat up my dad or your dad so be very careful.

Internet anonymity breeds majestic self-delusion, perceived bullet-proofness, and exaggerated self-perceptions.

i have been saying it for years. take away the secret identity and i believe our trolls would all disappear. i know there is a fear a lot of insiders would cease posting, but personally i think the fact we learn a couple of secrets along the way being lost is worth the loss of the aggrevation of the trouble makers.