OT: Terry Evans

The fact that no one else felt that way publicly should be even more of an outrage and solidifies the complacency most SLU fans have towards the program. The local media was never on Brad's case and obviously none of you were going to put down the BerryBrad Kool-Aid. Sometimes shock works, sometimes it doesn't, but some people needed to wake up. I was taking a calculated gamble with some of my words, but it had to be done. I'm not trying to justify them, but I was shocked to see that NO ONE felt the same way.

Oh, you're a martyr. I get it. Self-engrandize much? So what's your excuse for your tasteless personal attacks on Steve? Martyrdom again?

Get over yourself. You weren't the only one that wanted a new coach. You were just the only one that acted like a complete idiot.

You're right about one thing, no one else felt the need to personally attack Soderberg like you did. I take that back, there were others...your sixteen other usernames also felt the need to be belligerent.

Thank god for metz or we wouldn't have a new coach.

The fact that no one else felt that way publicly should be even more of an outrage and solidifies the complacency most SLU fans have towards the program. The local media was never on Brad's case and obviously none of you were going to put down the BerryBrad Kool-Aid. Sometimes shock works, sometimes it doesn't, but some people needed to wake up. I was taking a calculated gamble with some of my words, but it had to be done. I'm not trying to justify them, but I was shocked to see that NO ONE felt the same way.

yeah you are a real hero.

btw, re-read your words in the below:

"There's no need to be entertaining when we're trying to be fans of a program that is content with a (former) mediocre coach, mediocre recruiting practices and a mediocre program. I'm tired of watching the Bradley's, Davidson's and SIU's of the world make the tourney and make serious runs at the elite programs. Our fans are too old, no one gets excited and no one has the balls to do anything about it. I can't do it alone. You fear someone stirring the drink, so just admitting that will be a good first step. I am a nice guy and I think a few people on here can attest to that, but I'm also passionate about SLU athletics. Hopefully, this coming fall I will be able to watch my sister suit up for Tim Champion and the Lady Bills, so I'll be at all the women's soccer games being supportive of our program. We are heading in the right direction, but we can't just sit there and be ok with 20 point games and losing 3 times in one season to Dayton. Stuff like that cannot be swept under the rug. Sometimes you have to beat that rug senseless. I'm just as big of a fan as you guys are. Maybe the way I express my feelings are a bit unorthodox, and I admit I am a pretty unorthodox sports fan, but whether it is in jest or seriousness, know that I'm right beside you guys in the fight. Go Bills!"

if your comments in the past would have made that point, i bet a lot less of us would have distaste for metz. however your previous words like moytoy said, were a lot more caustic than that. your personal attacks on steve, soderberg, larry hughes, slu athletic department etc, make some of my not well taken stuff at billikens.com look like barney or romper room.

the fact you basically chased p diddy from the site alone with your attacks on larry hughes should be grounds enough to have you banned for life.

you have never shown any regrets for the level of those attacks or any of the other horrible things you have said. and now the reason was you were the patriot of billiken fans everywhere. well maybe in 200 years we can celebrate metz day for your accomplishments.

yeah you are a real hero.

btw, re-read your words in the below:

"There's no need to be entertaining when we're trying to be fans of a program that is content with a (former) mediocre coach, mediocre recruiting practices and a mediocre program. I'm tired of watching the Bradley's, Davidson's and SIU's of the world make the tourney and make serious runs at the elite programs. Our fans are too old, no one gets excited and no one has the balls to do anything about it. I can't do it alone. You fear someone stirring the drink, so just admitting that will be a good first step. I am a nice guy and I think a few people on here can attest to that, but I'm also passionate about SLU athletics. Hopefully, this coming fall I will be able to watch my sister suit up for Tim Champion and the Lady Bills, so I'll be at all the women's soccer games being supportive of our program. We are heading in the right direction, but we can't just sit there and be ok with 20 point games and losing 3 times in one season to Dayton. Stuff like that cannot be swept under the rug. Sometimes you have to beat that rug senseless. I'm just as big of a fan as you guys are. Maybe the way I express my feelings are a bit unorthodox, and I admit I am a pretty unorthodox sports fan, but whether it is in jest or seriousness, know that I'm right beside you guys in the fight. Go Bills!"

if your comments in the past would have made that point, i bet a lot less of us would have distaste for metz. however your previous words like moytoy said, were a lot more caustic than that. your personal attacks on steve, soderberg, larry hughes, slu athletic department etc, make some of my not well taken stuff at billikens.com look like barney or romper room.

the fact you basically chased p diddy from the site alone with your attacks on larry hughes should be grounds enough to have you banned for life.

you have never shown any regrets for the level of those attacks or any of the other horrible things you have said. and now the reason was you were the patriot of billiken fans everywhere. well maybe in 200 years we can celebrate metz day for your accomplishments.

What did PDiddy bring to the site? Nothing. Sorry if you hang on to Larry Hughes like he's the greatest thing ever. What has he given back to the program? I eagerly await your answer.

What did PDiddy bring to the site? Nothing. Sorry if you hang on to Larry Hughes like he's the greatest thing ever. What has he given back to the program? I eagerly await your answer.

Diddy brought recruiting and other inside information to the site that no one else had.

I have no clue what he has given back to the program.

It must get tiring defending a defenseless position.

Diddy brought recruiting and other inside information to the site that no one else had.

I have no clue what he has given back to the program.

It must get tiring defending a defenseless position.

I was waiting for BRoy to answer about Larry Hughes.

No, it does not get tiring pissing you off, Moy. I enjoy it. Diddy brought nothing. And if he did, let's say bring us something about the wonderful and exciting Rueben Cotto, that's all for naught as he is no longer with us.

Sorry, Voltaire, but Diddy did as much enlightening to this board than his namesake has done for politics. Vote or Die.

I was waiting for BRoy to answer about Larry Hughes.

No, it does not get tiring pissing you off, Moy. I enjoy it. Diddy brought nothing. And if he did, let's say bring us something about the wonderful and exciting Rueben Cotto, that's all for naught as he is no longer with us.

Sorry, Voltaire, but Diddy did as much enlightening to this board than his namesake has done for politics. Vote or Die.

Pissing me off? Man, you are so right. I can barely contain myself because I'm so po'ed. This is actually very entertaining for me. Breaks up the monotony of the day.

I'm still waiting for an answer on whether you still think Steve is a worthless human being or as you so eloquently put it, a p*ssy?

I've got a nice long lunch meeting (that I have to go into all pissed off and stuff), maybe you'll actually respond to questions as opposed to continually defending your "martyrdom".

If you knew who diddy was, you wouldn't be saying that. He has done plenty for this program. He has also provided this board with more inside information than anybody in the history of Billikens.com.

Bottom line is that you acted like a serious ###### on this board. I'm sure you're a good guy in real life, but you were a complete ****** on this board and received treatment accordingly.

If you knew who diddy was, you wouldn't be saying that. He has done plenty for this program. He has also provided this board with more inside information than anybody in the history of Billikens.com.

Bottom line is that you acted like a serious ###### on this board. I'm sure you're a good guy in real life, but you were a complete ****** on this board and received treatment accordingly.

Didn't know being an ###### was crime.

To address the issue with Steve: when you went crying to your mommies about me and how I was saying negative things, Steve went into DEFCOM 5 mode to ban me because people were going to leave the site. I thought this was hastily done without any discussion with me to possibly have me cool my act. This action was inexcusable, regardless if this is his site. Most normal boards, you would get an e-mail from an admin saying something like this:

"Dear user, thanks for your contributions, comments, etc., but your tone is aggravating a lot of our veteran posters (i.e. moy, roy, etc), so would you kindly refrain from personal attacks, malicious language, etc. I know this is on our terms of agreement and whatnot, but just a friendly reminder. Thanks for supporting Billikens.com. Love, Steve."

That would have been nice. But since Steve broke out the guillotine on my access, censoring my IP address, and even going as far as making the site unaccessible on a BlackBerry (which could have been easier for me since it has no way of being traced), that Steve and the Jacobin Club that was responsible for me being banned was going to be targeted verbally. There's no way around that being done. I think that this is a great site, but a lot of you are too sensitive to be on here. Criticism is natural and shouldn't be considered a mortal sin when someone rips someone on a message board.

Note that when ever made fun of me or said "oh, what a putz," that those users weren't banned.

But God forbid Metz say anything bad about someone else without the razor coming down.

I don't care what you say about me, but since there's obviously a double standard here, let's just get it all out in the open. Write down what you think about me. I don't care what you say. I'll even appreciate comments to me at Humphrey's tonight. I'll try to get a piece of paper and write "Metz" on it and hang it around my neck so you can all come and say hello. Let's vent, as the Coors guy would say. No use bottling it up.

ditto from me metz.

and it doesnt matter if larry hughes ever came back or gave another dime to slu after his one magical year. his being a slu hall of famer for one year gave us national acclaim and it isnt his fault that spoon and slu never capitalized on that open window of opportunity. for that you and ever billiken fan should be eternally grateful. i am.

like i said, had you presented your arguments with the grace you did today in that one post, maybe you wouldnt be swimming upstream now. of course that one post now appears to be a weak moment on your part as you are obviously drifting back to the same old metz. good job. keep wondering why no one takes you serious or will give you a break.

ditto from me metz.

and it doesnt matter if larry hughes ever came back or gave another dime to slu after his one magical year. his being a slu hall of famer for one year gave us national acclaim and it isnt his fault that spoon and slu never capitalized on that open window of opportunity. for that you and ever billiken fan should be eternally grateful. i am.

like i said, had you presented your arguments with the grace you did today in that one post, maybe you wouldnt be swimming upstream now. of course that one post now appears to be a weak moment on your part as you are obviously drifting back to the same old metz. good job. keep wondering why no one takes you serious or will give you a break.

All I said about Evans was here's another prime example of a local recruit that Brad turned his nose at. It wasn't a rip on Brad. It was Exhibit A in why he was given a pink slip.

To address the issue with Steve: when you went crying to your mommies about me and how I was saying negative things, Steve went into DEFCOM 5 mode to ban me because people were going to leave the site. I thought this was hastily done without any discussion with me to possibly have me cool my act. This action was inexcusable, regardless if this is his site. Most normal boards, you would get an e-mail from an admin saying something like this:

"Dear user, thanks for your contributions, comments, etc., but your tone is aggravating a lot of our veteran posters (i.e. moy, roy, etc), so would you kindly refrain from personal attacks, malicious language, etc. I know this is on our terms of agreement and whatnot, but just a friendly reminder. Thanks for supporting Billikens.com. Love, Steve."

That would have been nice. But since Steve broke out the guillotine on my access, censoring my IP address, and even going as far as making the site unaccessible on a BlackBerry (which could have been easier for me since it has no way of being traced), that Steve and the Jacobin Club that was responsible for me being banned was going to be targeted verbally. There's no way around that being done. I think that this is a great site, but a lot of you are too sensitive to be on here. Criticism is natural and shouldn't be considered a mortal sin when someone rips someone on a message board.

Poor little Metz. Steve made him act like a jerk.

Bobby there are very few boards out there that wouldn't have banned you for your shennanigans much earlier than Steve did. The fact that you are still able to post in this thread is testament to that. Try acting like a jerk on Tigerboard. They'll mob you to death in seconds......

Poor little Metz. Steve made him act like a jerk.

Bobby there are very few boards out there that wouldn't have banned you for your shennanigans much earlier than Steve did. The fact that you are still able to post in this thread is testament to that. Try acting like a jerk on Tigerboard. They'll mob you to death in seconds......

Steve didn't make me act like a jerk. Granted, I have said a few things that I regret, but I'm not changing my stance or approach to the SLU program. My Dad has told me I'm probably the most hard-headed person he's ever met, and I know that once I'm set in my ways, it's hard for me to look at other ways of approaching situations, i.e. the Soderberg Saga. I probably should have looked at his family situation, etc. But given the fact that I'm a bloodthirsty Billiken fan, I was going to harp on his dismissal. I wish that he would have been the guy to lead us to national prominence, but his woeful recruiting tactics, poor coaching staff and dismal fan turnout led to him being canned like 12 oz. of Crystal Pepsi.

I'd like the opportunity to say hi at functions or games. I try to make it out to the Billiken Club events and I'm there for all the home games. Wish I knew some of you better, but until then, I can only hope that you will forgive my past transgressions and move on in this year of change.

Did anybody have to cry to mommy? Your posts were beyond the pale. The reason you should have been banned was self-evident. No one had to tell Steve anything. You did it to yourself.

Very few people are giving you grief for wanting Sodie gone, it's the near hate speech you had on here that dug your grave. The fact that you can't understand that speaks volumes.

Good luck with your martyrdom. Poor poor metz.

Steve didn't make me act like a jerk. Granted, I have said a few things that I regret, but I'm not changing my stance or approach to the SLU program. My Dad has told me I'm probably the most hard-headed person he's ever met, and I know that once I'm set in my ways, it's hard for me to look at other ways of approaching situations, i.e. the Soderberg Saga. I probably should have looked at his family situation, etc. But given the fact that I'm a bloodthirsty Billiken fan, I was going to harp on his dismissal. I wish that he would have been the guy to lead us to national prominence, but his woeful recruiting tactics, poor coaching staff and dismal fan turnout led to him being canned like 12 oz. of Crystal Pepsi.

I'd like the opportunity to say hi at functions or games. I try to make it out to the Billiken Club events and I'm there for all the home games. Wish I knew some of you better, but until then, I can only hope that you will forgive my past transgressions and move on in this year of change.

You have the opportunity to say Hi to anyone you'd like to. There is a thread in the locked portion that has a chart that shows where everyone sits. Post like a human being and the past will fade away with most of us. To continue to insinuate that you were treated poorly is silly. You went way beyond criticism way too many times. I didn't contact Steve, but had my opinion been asked, I'd have definately voted for you to be banned. You've come back and presented yourself better and you are still posting, that says alot for Steve, he's allowed you to stay. No one will suggest you be banned for being critical, even if they did, Steve wouldn't do it. Post vile personal remarks and you make this a place most of us don't want to be at or participate in.

You have the opportunity to say Hi to anyone you'd like to. There is a thread in the locked portion that has a chart that shows where everyone sits. Post like a human being and the past will fade away with most of us. To continue to insinuate that you were treated poorly is silly. You went way beyond criticism way too many times. I didn't contact Steve, but had my opinion been asked, I'd have definately voted for you to be banned. You've come back and presented yourself better and you are still posting, that says alot for Steve, he's allowed you to stay. No one will suggest you be banned for being critical, even if they did, Steve wouldn't do it. Post vile personal remarks and you make this a place most of us don't want to be at or participate in.

I agree with you, and I haven't said anything negative towards anyone yet.