New Year's Resolution

I was thinking of what the Board's New Year's Resolution should be for this squad.

My number one resolution would be to develop a better fast break. I have been supporting our beloved Bills and not since David Burns, maybe H Waldman, do I think the squad has know what to do when there is a one man advantage coming down the floor.

This ties into the last shot of the half drill as well, but the inability to turn a fast break opportunity into a reliable weapon that takes the steam out of the opposition.

I am not wanting the team to turn into a run and gun team, not at all. We is what we is. I just want to see those opportunities, 3-5/game when we run downcourt and see that we have an extra man for whatever reason, we press on and get a layup, or a reliable drive and dish for a sure 2-3 points.

What do you wish for our Bills this year?

mhg

I was thinking of what the Board's New Year's Resolution should be for this squad.

My number one resolution would be to develop a better fast break. I have been supporting our beloved Bills and not since David Burns, maybe H Waldman, do I think the squad has know what to do when there is a one man advantage coming down the floor.

This ties into the last shot of the half drill as well, but the inability to turn a fast break opportunity into a reliable weapon that takes the steam out of the opposition.

I am not wanting the team to turn into a run and gun team, not at all. We is what we is. I just want to see those opportunities, 3-5/game when we run downcourt and see that we have an extra man for whatever reason, we press on and get a layup, or a reliable drive and dish for a sure 2-3 points.

What do you wish for our Bills this year?

mhg

Hopefully it won't just be when we have a man advantage. For years we have seen our players pull up when it's one v one. One thing I've noticed this year is that we have freshman who seem more confident in their ability to score. How many bigs have we had that weren't getting 3 of 4 shots blocked when they made an offensive move down low in the first 10 games of their careers. All 3 of our bigs do not seem intimidated when they get the ball down low, and all 3 seem to have the ability to score down low this early in their carreers. The only freshman I've seen that doesn't seem to have confidence in his ability to score yet is Cassidy.

booster i like your thinking. nothing makes life easier on the court than 5 or 6 easy baskets off transition.

-no doubt, and if the first option isn't there let's have KL find an open spot at the 3 pt line for a secondary option

-i think my biggest hope for the new year (starting with tomorrow) is that with our new bldg we protect our home floor

-kent st has already beat us at home, i would really love for teams, esp a10 teams, to hate to play us in our place, to expect to lose

-let's develop an unbeatable presence at home, run off a l-o-n-g streak of wins at home, make the chaifetz arena a true home court advantage for many, many years

-no doubt, and if the first option isn't there let's have KL find an open spot at the 3 pt line for a secondary option

-i think my biggest hope for the new year (starting with tomorrow) is that with our new bldg we protect our home floor

-kent st has already beat us at home, i would really love for teams, esp a10 teams, to hate to play us in our place, to expect to lose

-let's develop an unbeatable presence at home, run off a l-o-n-g streak of wins at home, make the chaifetz arena a true home court advantage for many, many years

I agree, but it takes talent much more than mystique to make it happen, especially if everyone gets their wish that each year brings a BCS conference team or some other elite or second-tier team into the building as part of the non-conference schedule.