OT: Mizzou going to the NCAA tournament?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say that about nearly every recruit out there. There are nearly 300 D1 prospects coming out of Texax every year. Texas can't have them all. they were only interested in Daniel after their 5 star recruit decided to go to LSU instead. As menitoned, Maclin was an Oklahoma recruit. I think he was pretty highly touted. Coffman certainly had the blood lines and I believe was offered my some big schools. Were William Moore and Martin Rucker and Sean Weahterspoon, etc all flukes as well?

Normally, a Texas state great like Chase Daniel that did not go to Texas U. would wind up at A&M, TT, OK, etc, but this time the powere brokers were not coordinated and there were a glut of primo QB's in the mix and MU got Daniel. Good for MU.

MU got some great skill players, Chase Daniel was the BIG difference, and was a fluke, so were some others. Some benefitted greatly and looked better than they are becasue of Daniels' presence. Moore and Weatherspoon are overrated; pretty good players, that's it. I think Pinkel has done fine job, do not get me wrong, but MU is barely top 25 last 2 yrs only because 2 yrs in a row played very, very weak schedule, fortunate to look good with Big 12 North and feeble non-conference schedule.

Normally, a Texas state great like Chase Daniel that did not go to Texas U. would wind up at A&M, TT, OK, etc, but this time the powere brokers were not coordinated and there were a glut of primo QB's in the mix and MU got Daniel. Good for MU.

MU got some great skill players, Chase Daniel was the BIG difference, and was a fluke, so were some others. Some benefitted greatly and looked better than they are becasue of Daniels' presence. Moore and Weatherspoon are overrated; pretty good players, that's it. I think Pinkel has done fine job, do not get me wrong, but MU is barely top 25 last 2 yrs only because 2 yrs in a row played very, very weak schedule, fortunate to look good with Big 12 North and feeble non-conference schedule.

Ya, some times schools land prospects. It's called recruiting. Mizzou was switching to the exact spread offense which Daniel played in high school. I guess that was a fluke to. Moore and Weatherspoon will likely both be playing in the NFL next year but you're right, they're overrated. Mizzou had the 17 hardest schedule this year and 18th last year so there goes your weak schedule argument. It's obvious you're just talking out of your ass because you don't like Mizzou football and that's okay but try to keep the facts straight.

Ya, some times schools land prospects. It's called recruiting. Mizzou was switching to the exact spread offense which Daniel played in high school. I guess that was a fluke to. Moore and Weatherspoon will likely both be playing in the NFL next year but you're right, they're overrated. Mizzou had the 17 hardest schedule this year and 18th last year so there goes your weak schedule argument. It's obvious you're just talking out of your ass because you don't like Mizzou football and that's okay but try to keep the facts straight.

OK, facts: What good team did MU beat this yr?

Beat Nebraska, but not really a primo victory, do you think?

SE MO? Buffalo? Nevada? Ia State? Colorado? Baylor? KState? Illinois? That's nine wins.

17th hardest schedule (says who???)... but they did not beat a quality team.

I agree Chase Daniel was a fluke in some respects, but MU had been targeting Texas for years, so it was not like MU was unknown to Texas recruits. Further, Chase Daniel allowed MU to recruit Blaine Gabbert, a five star recruit, and Blaine Dalton, another highly regarded QB. Those were not flukes.

Only time will tell if Mizzou has turned a corner as a program or if the last two years were simply outliers, ala Corby Jones' final two years when Mizzou was pretty good, only to fall back to being terrible. I hope Pinkel has enough in the pipeline to prevent that from happening. Maclin was recruited by Oklahoma and Coffman was also heavily recruited. They might have exceeded expectations, but they were not flukes. I'd say this staff, who I still have some concerns about, his worked its tail off in recruiting.

Gabbert signed pretty early with Nebraska. The Parkway North and Parkway West game made it on to ESPN because of Gabbert's high status. Gabbert was strolling the sidelines with his Nebraska hat on. Gabbert wanted to play for Nebraska all along and backed out due to coaching changes. MU got lucky with Gabbert.

OK, facts: What good team did MU beat this yr?

Beat Nebraska, but not really a primo victory, do you think?

SE MO? Buffalo? Nevada? Ia State? Colorado? Baylor? KState? Illinois? That's nine wins.

17th hardest schedule (says who???)... but they did not beat a quality team.

3 of the teams they beat are going to bowl games. All four of the teams they lost to are going to bowl games - 2 of those teams are playing in the top two bowls. 17th hardest according to CBSsportsline.

You're turning this from an argument about Mizzou and their "fluke" recruits to one about how good/not good Mizzou has been this year and last. Let's tackle one at a time. Care to stick topic?

Gabbert signed pretty early with Nebraska. The Parkway North and Parkway West game made it on to ESPN because of Gabbert's high status. Gabbert was strolling the sidelines with his Nebraska hat on. Gabbert wanted to play for Nebraska all along and backed out due to coaching changes. MU got lucky with Gabbert.

Mizzou is so terrible and such a lousy place to go to school I guess they get lucky with every recruit the sign in any sport. I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Springs South QB Blaine Dalton doesn't eventually wind up starting over Gabbert. Gabbert has the all-american size and arm strength, but Dalton was a winner, kind of like Chase. Time will tell.

Mizzou is so terrible and such a lousy place to go to school I guess they get lucky with every recruit the sign in any sport. I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Springs South QB Blaine Dalton doesn't eventually wind up starting over Gabbert. Gabbert has the all-american size and arm strength, but Dalton was a winner, kind of like Chase. Time will tell.

MUTGR, don't take my comment with a slap on MU recruiting. I really like Gary Pinkel.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton did start over Gabbert. Gabbert is a local kid and I would like to see him succeed. As you said, he has the body and ability physically to play but needs some more maturity which hopefully he is learning.

3 of the teams they beat are going to bowl games. All four of the teams they lost to are going to bowl games - 2 of those teams are playing in the top two bowls. 17th hardest according to CBSsportsline.

You're turning this from an argument about Mizzou and their "fluke" recruits to one about how good/not good Mizzou has been this year and last. Let's tackle one at a time. Care to stick topic?

So you are counting Nevada and Buffalo as quality wins, along with Nebraska?

Ill, SE MO, Colo, K State, Ia St, Baylor,

What a powerhouse MU is! You win the argument.

And regarding "on topic", you change the subject more than the master of misdirection, uh, you know... the guy on the bottom of all your posts.

So you are counting Nevada and Buffalo as quality wins, along with Nebraska?

Ill, SE MO, Colo, K State, Ia St, Baylor,

What a powerhouse MU is! You win the argument.

And regarding "on topic", you change the subject more than the master of misdirection, uh, you know... the guy on the bottom of all your posts.

If the Bills were going to the tourney a third of their wins came against tourney teams, would you consider those qualitiy wins?

I never said Mizzou was a powerhouse - again you're making up your own arguments.

How have I changed the topic? You started off talking about how their recruits are flukes and went on to their "weak" schedule now you're saying I called them a powerhouse. You must not be that smart, uh you know.....like the guy you voted for the last 8 years.

Long story, but Chase Daniel (who is a GREAT college QB) fell into MU's lap, Texas and several other state of Texas teams flubbed it up; also I do not think everyone knew how good Maclin and Coffman were...

Macklin was committed to OU, everyone knew. Chase didn't fall into Mizzou's lap, UT asked him to wait, Pinkel recruited him early and when Mack came calling later when the other QB they were recruiting backed out of his commit to UT ... Chase stayed true to his word. I commend him, and I commend Pinkel for establishing the kind of relationship and bond with Chase that made him want to stay true despite growing up a lifelong UT fan.