Billiken Volleyball Seeded 13 in NCAA Tournament

The Lady Bills will play Alabama A&M in the first round. If they win they will play the Winner of Michigan/Kentucky. In my opinion this is as favorable of draw as the Bills could have hoped for outside of hosting the first round.

-good luck in Lexington ladies!!!

(ps-say hi to josh)

"With its seed, SLU (28-4) would have been in line to host first- and second-round matches, but scheduling conflicts at Chaifetz Arena made that impossible. That created the possibility SLU would be sent somewhere far away for the first round."

Just a bit of irony here when you have your own building... Congrats to the team. Go Sally!

Anybody know what the "conflict" is/was? The games in Lexington are on 12/4 and 12/5 which are Thursday and Friday. I see on our basketball schedule we play Savannah State on 12/6. Whoops ----- I am guessing that the Carrie Underwood concert is the bugaboo in this one, eh?

Good luck to the ladies!

Yes, it is the Carrie Underwood concert.

Coach K did not seem to be upset about this. Since the Bills didn't make the tourney last year, it seemed a bit of a stretch to hold open home dates as far out as is necessary to secure first round games.

I posted this already a few weeks back. But I'll say it again...this is a very good team. Killer instinct. And flat out fun to watch.

I'm going to look into travel to KY.

I won't be going for the thursday match. If they win thursday though I am more than likely going to make the trip!

I'm in the same boat. I'm probably going to head down there for the Friday game, especially if they play UK. They should be able to get by Alabama A&M without too much trouble.

I'm less than an hour and a half from UK and my girlfriend's uncle and his wife are UK alums- she was a volleyball standout there in the early 80s so there's some interest on both sides for this potential second round game. It's just a matter of how willing my girlfriend will be to drop the law school studying for one night...

Yes, it is the Carrie Underwood concert.

Coach K did not seem to be upset about this. Since the Bills didn't make the tourney last year, it seemed a bit of a stretch to hold open home dates as far out as is necessary to secure first round games.

I posted this already a few weeks back. But I'll say it again...this is a very good team. Killer instinct. And flat out fun to watch.

I'm going to look into travel to KY.

i agree the thinking in advance was "what's the chances of that happening?" however i hope going forward the arena staff indeed considers every possible advancement chances for postseason for any school sport when planning. if we are going to be a bigtime athletic program, we should be able to utilize our facilities first and foremost for our own sports teams and the likes of carrie underwood second.

i agree the thinking in advance was "what's the chances of that happening?" however i hope going forward the arena staff indeed considers every possible advancement chances for postseason for any school sport when planning. if we are going to be a bigtime athletic program, we should be able to utilize our facilities first and foremost for our own sports teams and the likes of carrie underwood second.

-chris may addressed this with a few of us at the meet and greet where the decision has already been made to keep the arena open for vball next year for this round, it would have been possible for you to hear that from him that night but instead of attending the lounge act you decided to stay home and watch tv

-chris may addressed this with a few of us at the meet and greet where the decision has already been made to keep the arena open for vball next year for this round, it would have been possible for you to hear that from him that night but instead of attending the lounge act you decided to stay home and watch tv

sorry cowboy, you got your lounge act nights mixed up. that particular night of the meet and greet chaifetz i was with my daughter at an area college exposure softball tourney. now if you are suggesting i shouldnt support my own daughter's athletic games to go shake hands with rickma, well our priorities arent on the same page. but thanks for your concern of my home life.

sorry cowboy, you got your lounge act nights mixed up. that particular night of the meet and greet chaifetz i was with my daughter at an area college exposure softball tourney. now if you are suggesting i shouldnt support my own daughter's athletic games to go shake hands with rickma, well our priorities arent on the same page. but thanks for your concern of my home life.

your 3 posts on the subject of the meet and greet don't jive with that

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 31 2008, 09:38 AM Post #6

I have reached billiken_roy levels of posting

Group: Members

Member No.: 100,002

QUOTE (kshoe @ Oct 31 2008, 09:04 AM)

Because it really matters one way or the other?

because the fans want a chance for a preview. the way it was publicized, i bet plenty of fans seeing the overlapping times thought, "maybe we will get to see a little bit of the end of practice. let's go down there."

i figured that wasnt the case and thus stayed home to watch "my name is earl" instead.

-------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

Oct 31 2008, 07:13 PM Post #30

QUOTE (kshoe @ Oct 31 2008, 11:51 AM)

Still haven't bought into the whole VCR/TIVO/DVR fad yet huh?

actually i just weighed the options and thursday night nbc seemed like better entertainment than watching the players sign autographs and rickma rambling.

now if they actually would have been bouncing some balls and running the court, i would have come to see that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 1 2008, 05:29 AM Post #32

QUOTE (davidnark @ Oct 31 2008, 09:37 PM)

It is too bad that a great basketball fan like you is unable to appreciate Rick Majerus talking about basketball and life. Unfortunately, I was unable to make last night's events due to commitments with my wife and kids. However, my folks went to last night's event. My 60-something mother who had never heard Majerus speak before (and doesn't really follow sports) came away raving about him. She told me that he was one of the most interesting and engaging speakers she had ever heard, and she was particularly impressed by the respect both he and his players showed for each other.

once you've seen the lounge act a couple of times you start wishing for new material.

--------------------

"It's kind of