ot--stl players

thefan

not to start another ahearn thread but, Scott Suggs isn't getting playing time in Wash. (3 games zero minutes) and Harrelson hardly any at Kentucky. Does anyone know what's wrong with Suggs, i thought he was one of the best high school players i have seen in awhile.

Guest BillikenReport

I watched Florida and Syracuse yesterday and Tyus had 14pts in the first half.

That 14 points was a career high. Tyus finished with 24.

As for other area kids...

Harrellson is in the eight-man rotation for Kentucky.

Suggs and Brandenburg haven't played much for their schools.

I was told that Romar wanted Suggs to redshirt this year and Suggs didn't want to (he apparently asked three freshmen). I find it hard to believe a guy like Suggs can't get off the bench.

Heartbreaking loss for Romar's squad last night vs. Florida, but a fun finish to watch. Brockman missed a putback that would have tied it at 85, fouled and Florida's player made 1. They fouled Washington immediately. Thomas made the first and purposely missed the second- Brockman got the rebound again and missed a desperation fade away. I would have liked to see Romar get that one.

I was told that Romar wanted Suggs to redshirt this year and Suggs didn't want to (he apparently asked three freshmen). I find it hard to believe a guy like Suggs can't get off the bench.

I was rading somewhere that they are very high on Suggs at Washington, but that they don't think he will be ready to help them until next year.

Tony Meier (Lafayette 08) is starting for Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He recently had a double-double and he's averaging 7ppg. He's shooting 47% from the field, 42% from the arc. 4prg. Incredible transformation from a 6'5 wing known for Volleyball in 2007 to a starting D1 forward in the Horizon league in 2008

Some thoughts on what it all may mean when we look around and see that few of the STL based players are making immediate impacts:

1) Maybe they just aren't that good and we tend to over-inflate them because they are local kids

2) Maybe they are doing just find but are stuck behind veterans at their position

3) Maybe they are doing fine but just haven't put up big numbers in the games yet. Look at Thompson and Cassity's stats right now for us. Pretty mediocre but I think most of us have seen flashes that we like and feel good about their futures.

I'm sure each case is different but at the end of the day I think its far too early to draw any conclusions about how successful the local kids will end up being.