Boston College game close to sold out

GOSLU68

I can't wait to see the place full. There were 6,400 at last night's game, and it was LOUD. With 10,000+ in attendance, it's going to be great!

We still need all those no-shows in the expensive seats to show up. If they ever will, they should for the biggest name on our home schedule. If not, they're wasting money. I don't get how people just let those go unused.

I will be in the house along with some of my loudest friends from the SLU class of 2005, so we're doing our part. The beer might also help. How much is it, anyway?

We still need all those no-shows in the expensive seats to show up. If they ever will, they should for the biggest name on our home schedule. If not, they're wasting money. I don't get how people just let those go unused.

I will be in the house along with some of my loudest friends from the SLU class of 2005, so we're doing our part. The beer might also help. How much is it, anyway?

I think $6 per; there are also mixed or hard liquor drinks a few places-same price

Beer was 7.25 for 12 oz bottle. 7 at the stand for a 24oz draft. Yes they take credit cards.

What a game!!

$7 for 24 ounces isn't bad by game standards. I can't stand drinking from plastic bottles, regardless of price- which in this case is beyond unreasonable.

How many of those seats actually belong to someone (other than the University)?

Someone owns them. Might be the school, corporations, dead alums- point is, someone's got the tickets and needs to give them away if they're not going to use them. They were taken when most season ticket holders got in there to pick.

Speaking of tix, Season Ticket Holders will continue to pay the piper to pay for the new building. 6400 attendance. SLU isn't good yet, and though an NCAA caliber team, Kent St. on a Wed night isn't a big name draw yet to the average Joe on the street even at that price. The Boston College game and few others will get walk up sales. The average person isn't going to pay $28 for the cheapest walk up ticket to see SLU play Kent St. on a Wednesday night when in the past they could pay (guess?) less than $10 or so. That's more expensive for the cheapest ticket than some top 10 programs. I know SLU has been doing some online discounts and other things, but that's the cost to Joe average person for walk up incremental sales. Because of SLU's solid Blue Hair fan base, SLU only needs to fill a few thousand compared to the past, to fill the building, but let's not dismiss ticket cost to see a recent struggling program, even considering the nice new building. Certain past demographics will be priced out of walk up sales. So early on, there will be empty seats, until the program is more established.

Eventually as SLU gets better, and more notice, and improved marketing, ticket demand will increase.