Xavier fans love us..Interesting Poll!

If it makes you feel even better.. the one poster who voted for SLU has a habit of just throwing his vote away. I only put SLU in the poll to begin with because I wanted some choices that weren't A-10 old guard. I personally love having SLU in the A-10 and enjoy coming to the X-SLU game in St. Louis.

If it makes you feel even better.. the one poster who voted for SLU has a habit of just throwing his vote away. I only put SLU in the poll to begin with because I wanted some choices that weren't A-10 old guard. I personally love having SLU in the A-10 and enjoy coming to the X-SLU game in St. Louis.

Thanks,X, I bet that guy is a Bonnie fan.. :(

Favorite post in the thread, #13 on page 2--

"Short answer, cut 'em all out except for St. Louis and Temple. Give Temple a probationary period to prove that they can and will right the ship post-Chaney. St. Louis has shown that they are at least planning on the step to the next level with the new arena and hiring of a proven coach. If the league council is serious about making this conference competitive, it's time to trim the fat."

This guy ain't f'ing around. The league gets cut down to 3 teams and we make the cut!

This was a recent post on that thread...

"I think there is great consensus among the member presidents that each school does what it can within its particular circumstances to advance their own programs in the ways that make sense in respect to their missions," said Xavier president Father Michael Graham, president of the league's presidents council. -- From the New York Post article today.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06032008...tle_113788.htm

It's stuff like this which will always give the conference problems. You can't have Fordham "doing what it can" while SLU drops almost $100 mil on a state of the art facility. Sure, everybody doesn't have to drop that kinda cash, but we need to have a similar commitment. While what this guy says may be accurate, it certainly isn't the way to run a conference.

I don't know why you think X likes us so much. Why were we included with the likes of LaSalle and St.B's as a "who would you like to see out of the A-10". Evidently, the post originator thinks we must be one of the lower rung programs. Hell, he didn't even list Duquense. And before we get on our high horse about St. B's, I'd like to remind everyone St. Welding Tech has a two game win streak against us.

I don't know why you think X likes us so much. Why were we included with the likes of LaSalle and St.B's as a "who would you like to see out of the A-10". Evidently, the post originator thinks we must be one of the lower rung programs. Hell, he didn't even list Duquense. And before we get on our high horse about St. B's, I'd like to remind everyone St. Welding Tech has a two game win streak against us.

I don't think we make a lot of A10 conference fans when Rick, at every chance, mentions he wants out of the a10 :rolleyes:

Agree.

By the way, was bored and stopped in at the Duquense message board a few weeks ago - some of the clowns on that site were actually comparing their incoming class with the Fab 5. Finally, a couple of their own posters brought the majority down to reality. It does look like a good class, but come on!

As the originator of the post over at XH, I put St. Louis in only because there is a small contigency of fans who feel it's too far west to be in the A-10. That line of thought only works in my mind if Xavier and UD are also "too far west". I was just throwing some options out there.

Agree.

By the way, was bored and stopped in at the Duquense message board a few weeks ago - some of the clowns on that site were actually comparing their incoming class with the Fab 5. Finally, a couple of their own posters brought the majority down to reality. It does look like a good class, but come on!

Yeah... the Duq board seems to think they've turned the corner. Of course if you go to that board at this time of year every year, they always seem to feel that way.

Yeah... the Duq board seems to think they've turned the corner. Of course if you go to that board at this time of year every year, they always seem to feel that way.

Assuming no on campus gun play, the dukes seem to be recruiting some studs. Lossale and Fordham not so much.....

The DU coach is doing one fantastic job getting kids to commit to DU against some pretty big odds. I don't get it. No decent facilities, little fan interest, the shooting thing, no tradition to speak of, and the city ain't all that special, and Pitt hoops is the biggest game in town. Yet, he's pulling in some players. Go figure.

Didn't mean to call you out there X factor on the love for SLU question, just surprised to see us listed with the likes of LaSalle, St. B's, and Fordham when our Admin has made such a major commitment to the hoops program. I know envy's one of the seven bad things, but I do envy X fans their program's success. Hopefully, we will join you in the near future.

The DU coach is doing one fantastic job getting kids to commit to DU against some pretty big odds. I don't get it. No decent facilities, little fan interest, the shooting thing, no tradition to speak of, and the city ain't all that special, and Pitt hoops is the biggest game in town. Yet, he's pulling in some players. Go figure.

Didn't mean to call you out there X factor on the love for SLU question, just surprised to see us listed with the likes of LaSalle, St. B's, and Fordham when our Admin has made such a major commitment to the hoops program. I know envy's one of the seven bad things, but I do envy X fans their program's success. Hopefully, we will join you in the near future.

DU's Palumbo Center isn't the worst there is; in fact, it isn't all that bad and could be a "cozy" solid place with about 6k or so in capacity if they put the money into it. Pittsburgh also will be tearing down the old Mellon Arena and putting up a new one next to DU. They have a little more history than you appear to be giving them credit for, but it certainly is dormant. Of the 4 so-called deadwood schools, they seem to have the most potential simply because Fordham's leadership is so completely clueless.

As far as SLU is concerned, you guys are at the top of the list with me - in terms of attractiveness. Excellent Jesuit school that has made a BCS-level commitment to its program. Who would not want what you have done? More to the point, LossSalle and SBU, in particular, couldn't even dream of doing what you've done. Fordham and Duquesne can't touch you either.

Putting on-court success aside for the moment, there can be no question, NO QUESTION about SLU being one of the drivers of what could become the new, or revived A10. Xavier, SLU and Dayton - as the driving Catholic schools - combined with Temple (if this MAC business isn't true) UMass and URI on the public side, and Richmond and UNC Charlotte are a formidable block that is well positioned to force positive change.