Kobe Bryant

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

footes i am surprised by your reaction considering your typical reactions.

technically i agree and i see where i misstated. however you must also admit he was never acquitted either and considering he later settled the civil lawsuit, i wouldnt say ole kobe is the saint you are defending either.

if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a'hoppin'. He wasn't found guilty. Why don't you and roy go string him up?

If you run a red light and don't get caught does that mean the light was green?

Rule of Business, Never find yourself alone in a room with a member of the opposite sex. Fiction tends to arise out of such situations.

Whenever I'm alone with a woman, I make sure I get the encounter on film. For my own potection of course. It's a good policy, but it's always a pain in the ass having to change DVD's half way through.

footes i am surprised by your reaction considering your typical reactions.

technically i agree and i see where i misstated. however you must also admit he was never acquitted either and considering he later settled the civil lawsuit, i wouldnt say ole kobe is the saint you are defending either.

Please show me where I stated that Kobie was a saint. Is this part of your Avis Meyer make up a bunch of b.s. schtick you throw out here all of the time?

This is a tyical statement from the board lately. OJ has nothing to do with this thread, other than the fact that he's african american and the tone of this board has been shifting to a more racist stance of late.

I don't think race has anything to do with it. I think the fact that both were famous professional athletes is the reason it was brought up. I don't think it is a fair comparison, but I don't think race is the reason it was made.

I don't think race has anything to do with it. I think the fact that both were famous professional athletes is the reason it was brought up. I don't think it is a fair comparison, but I don't think race is the reason it was made.

What's the other link? OJ allegedly killed two people, one of whom happened to be his caucasian ex-wife. Kobie allegedly raped a white woman. The case against Kobie was pathetically weak. Why would someone even make that comparison?

What's the other link? OJ allegedly killed two people, one of whom happened to be his caucasian ex-wife. Kobie allegedly raped a white woman. The case against Kobie was pathetically weak. Why would someone even make that comparison?

Some people think professional athletes get away with everything regardless of race. They don't want to give any of them the benefit of the doubt. I think OJ was brought up because he was obviously guilty and not because he was black.

Footes you can bring race into almost every argument if you want. I think in doing that people really lessen the impact when race really is an issue. People just decide to tune out. They won't even listen to the case because people try to bring it in to everyything, even when it plays no factor what so ever.

Some people think professional athletes get away with everything regardless of race. They don't want to give any of them the benefit of the doubt. I think OJ was brought up because he was obviously guilty and not because he was black.

Footes you can bring race into almost every argument if you want. I think in doing that people really lessen the impact when race really is an issue. People just decide to tune out. They won't even listen to the case because people try to bring it in to everyything, even when it plays no factor what so ever.

So you're saying Kobie was obviously guilty?

So you're saying Kobie was obviously guilty?

No. I am saying I think Willie thinks he is guilty and that is why he compared it to the OJ case. I just think race played no factor in why Willie thinks Kobe is guilty. I think that has more to do with the fact the Kobe was an arrogant athlete and a self-admitted adulterer. That leads many people to automatically think the worst about somebody.

No. I am saying I think Willie thinks he is guilty and that is why he compared it to the OJ case. I just think race played no factor in why Willie thinks Kobe is guilty. I think that has more to do with the fact the Kobe was an arrogant athlete and a self-admitted adulterer. That leads many people to automatically think the worst about somebody.

So he's kind of like McCain or Clinton? Becasue Willie, who has no more knowledge of this situation than anyone else on here, THINKS Kobie might be guilty, it's okay to do this? I don't get the comparison to OJ at all...2 entirely different cases here with one common denominator.

So he's kind of like McCain or Clinton? Becasue Willie, who has no more knowledge of this situation than anyone else on here, THINKS Kobie might be guilty, it's okay to do this? I don't get the comparison to OJ at all...2 entirely different cases here with one common denominator.

Footes fine you don't get it. You want to make a racial issue out of everything you can.........go ahead. I don't understand somebody wanting to assume Kobe is guilty, but I think you are stupid stupid or trying to advance an agenda if you automatically say race is the reason that the two cases were compared. Footes, I don't think you are stupid. There is more than one common denominator in the cases. Both guys are rich, famous, admired professional athletes and had outstanding legal teams which some people think automatically gives them an advantage in the legal system.

Footes fine you don't get it. You want to make a racial issue out of everything you can.........go ahead. I don't understand somebody wanting to assume Kobe is guilty, but I think you are stupid stupid or trying to advance an agenda if you automatically say race is the reason that the two cases were compared. Footes, I don't think you are stupid. There is more than one common denominator in the cases. Both guys are rich, famous, admired professional athletes and had outstanding legal teams which some people think automatically gives them an advantage in the legal system.

This way this entire thread has gone is a joke. The OJ card is a joke.

This way this entire thread has gone is a joke. The OJ card is a joke.

You are right the OJ card was a joke. The Kobe case was beyond weak. I just don't understand why you wanted to make it a race issue.

My last post about this...what's the common denominator?

Professional athletes, rich, famous, admired, both turned out not to be the people they were built up to be, and they both had outstanding legal teams. Footes it seems like you are the person that can not see any further than the race of both of them.

Professional athletes, rich, famous, admired, both turned out not to be the people they were built up to be, and they both had outstanding legal teams. Footes it seems like you are the person that can not see any further than the race of both of them.

There's no question that Footes is the biggest racist on the board. Very few threads can get underway without him taking it as a racial issue. It is obvious that he sees everything as black and white. It is truly sad.

Two athletes, many think they are guilty, evidence against them, got off with nothing more than writing a very large check, still talked about several years later. Nope, no similarities there. Must be racism.

My personal opinion of Kobe...he cheated on his wife and it caught up with him. He's not a rapist, just a piss poor husband.

There's no question that Footes is the biggest racist on the board. Very few threads can get underway without him taking it as a racial issue. It is obvious that he sees everything as black and white. It is truly sad.

Two athletes, many think they are guilty, evidence against them, got off with nothing more than writing a very large check, still talked about several years later. Nope, no similarities there. Must be racism.

"

My personal opinion of Kobe...he cheated on his wife and it caught up with him. He's not a rapist, just a piss poor husband.

So you actually agree with me about Kobe. I'm surprised you can see things clearly on this.

"Very few threads can get underway without him taking it as a racial issue." Geez, I think I've called out the racists on this board about five times out of the thousands of threads on here. I can see you weren't a math major. :lol: Of all the dumb posts I've read on here this has to be one of the dumbest.

That was a nice insult you delivered, cracker. Go back to your Klan meeting. I'm not sure what your connection to SLU is, but it's obviously not as a student. Did you wash dishes in the dorm or something?