Harrelson per Catspause.com

davidlee

I'm talking about upside. Josh won't be much more athletic than he already is. Being a mobile big man gives you a huge advantage.

I like Reed, but he could eat a sandwich or two....haha. He's athletic and aggressive, which are good traits for a 6 11 kid to have. He's got decent hands as well. Put him in a good S&C program and he should be a big contributer. I'm curious to see if he can resist the urge to try to block every shot in a system D like Majerus runs....if not, he'll be pulled out of position quite a bit. Still, I'd rather have a kid too aggressive than the other way around.

Kyle Cassity reminds me of my buddy Drew Diener a bit. decent size....high IQ....very good range.....but not overly athletic. He could be a defensive liability cause he doesn't have the speed to recover from a defensive mistake. Still, he's smart, so he plays good position D. The top wings will probably eat him up, but he should be average on the defensive end in the A10....(gosh, please don't go batty over that).

mm

Have to disagree on cassitty. From what Ive seen he is much quicker than drew. At the mcds riverwar he covered Suggs and Roundtree.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree on cassitty. From what Ive seen he is much quicker than drew. At the mcds riverwar he covered Suggs and Roundtree.

You can be "much quicker" than Drew and still be not quick...haha.

That's fine....I haven't seen him enough to be overly confident in my opinion of him. My first impressions were not that he was going to be a strong defender due to quickness. I don't doubt that he covered Suggs, but then again, Suggs isn't major quick....he's a big, smooth wing with a good shot. He's not the "get in the lane...get to the rim" type wing that I'd see giving Cass problems. Cass is a good position defender, which is the type of guy that matches up well with Suggs.

I am not an A10 expert....perhaps you don't have a ton of those types of wings, but I doubt it.

mm

The comparissons between Cassity and Drew are completely unfair. Kyle does not have cankles.

Drew had chronic shin problems if I remember right. He had about a 5" vertical. I always liked his stroke, even if it wasn't a "jump" shot.

He was also one of the best characters SLU's ever had.

Kyle Cassity reminds me of my buddy Drew Diener a bit. decent size....high IQ....very good range.....but not overly athletic. He could be a defensive liability cause he doesn't have the speed to recover from a defensive mistake

I've agreed with pretty much everything you've said up until this point but I disagree strongly with this description. There's this tendency to peg every tall white guard as slow, good perimeter shot and suspect defense. To me he appears to have good quicks for 6'5, a very average shot (he rarely shoots from outside and when he does its not for a high percentage) and very good defense. If Cassity the floor at all next year it's going to be because of his defense.

Obviously we see two different players here -- no harm done.. I've really enjoyed your contributions.

am not an A10 expert....perhaps you don't have a ton of those types of wings, but I doubt it.

The problem we have covering wings isn't normally because of footspeed. It's because their guys jump over our guys.

I've agreed with pretty much everything you've said up until this point but I disagree strongly with this description. There's this tendency to peg every tall white guard as slow, good perimeter shot and suspect defense. To me he appears to have good quicks for 6'5, a very average shot (he rarely shoots from outside and when he does its not for a high percentage) and very good defense. If Cassity the floor at all next year it's going to be because of his defense.

Obviously we see two different players here -- no harm done.. I've really enjoyed your contributions.

The problem we have covering wings isn't normally because of footspeed. It's because their guys jump over our guys.

Yeah, like I said....I haven't seen him enough to have a firm opinion either way. I could easily be dead wrong on this kid....just giving you impressions of the games (two of em) I did see.

mm

Yeah, like I said....I haven't seen him enough to have a firm opinion either way. I could easily be dead wrong on this kid....just giving you impressions of the games (two of em) I did see.

mm

KC looked much quicker than Diener to me. He also was dunking with relative ease in warmups at the all-star game. He looks like a decent athlete to me.

KC looked much quicker than Diener to me. He also was dunking with relative ease in warmups at the all-star game. He looks like a decent athlete to me.

Lateral quickness and the ability to dunk are in no way related....

I was with Drew a couple weekends ago....he's not any quicker....haha

mm

Lateral quickness and the ability to dunk are in no way related....

I was with Drew a couple weekends ago....he's not any quicker....haha

mm

No kidding?

I am just saying 1) he could dunk although definitely not a high-flyer and 2) he could move on D which is what I came back with. In fact, for somebody that is 6-5, his quickness was one of his stronger assets from what I saw. His lack of strength is what hurts him.

Ryan Robertson played PG listed at 6-4, meaning even though he was 6-4, he was able to play PG. I am not saying that KC is as good as Ryan Robertson, but physically they are very similar. I am not saying he is quick for D-1, but I would phrase it that his speed is solid for a big off-guard at the D-1 level.

From what I have seen of Suggs, he also seems very quick for his height, even though you can classify him as smooth.

No kidding?

I am just saying 1) he could dunk although definitely not a high-flyer and 2) he could move on D which is what I came back with. In fact, for somebody that is 6-5, his quickness was one of his stronger assets from what I saw. His lack of strength is what hurts him.

Ryan Robertson played PG listed at 6-4, meaning even though he was 6-4, he was able to play PG. I am not saying that KC is as good as Ryan Robertson, but physically they are very similar. I am not saying he is quick for D-1, but I would phrase it that his speed is solid for a big off-guard at the D-1 level.

From what I have seen of Suggs, he also seems very quick for his height, even though you can classify him as smooth.

Very quick for his height doesn't mean very quick for his position. And Suggs is a smooth and smart player, not a quick style of player.

Also, I tend to scout players for the highest possible levels. I compare every player to the best player in the class at that position. So, when I say a guy is slow....he's amazingly fast compared to me.

mm