A stab at preliminary seedings

We're a firm NIT team at this point. To many teams to jump over to even think about an NCAA bid.

Duke

Stanford

St. Joe's

Pittsburgh

Oklahoma St.

Mississippi St.

UConn

Kentucky

Texas

Wake Forest

Arizona

Kansas

NC State

Providence

Florida St.

Cinci

UNC

Georgia Tech

Louisville

Gonzaga

Illinois

Wisconsin

Southern Illinois

Memphis

UAB

Seton Hall

Syracuse

South Carolina

Boston College

Charlotte

Dayton

Florida

Maryland

Utah

Texas Tech

LSU

Michigan St.

Oklahoma

Notre Dame

Vanderbilt

Utah St.

Rutgers

Kent St.

Depaul

UTEP

Hawaii

Western Michigan

BYU

You can believe me if you want but in an email to my tourney buds yesterday morning, I predicted a UAB win over Cincy. I also have UAB parlaying that win into the tiebreaker that gives them the regular season title over Cincy and the #1 C-WHO seed.

Having said that, I think your first blush ranking is a good attempt but I think Memphis and UAB are the rising teams in this conference right now. Cincy can't seem to win on the road as evidences by their losing what, the last 4 out of 6 road games. And Louisville is dropping as fast as a guard-oriented team that can't shoot can.

Maybe it happens as you say for UC asi I figure them to win the C-WHO tourney what with it being in Cincy. But I think Louisville is very close to free fall .... they will lose this weekend in Cincy. TCU destroyed them on the road and I am hoping we give them our usual tough game and take them out at Savvis.

If what I think happens from here on out .. UA, Cincy, Memphis and Charlotte get the top four ...in that order. DePaul gets the five, and us, TCU and UofL all tie for sixth with us having the tiebreakers based on head-to-head wins against TCU and UofL. MU is ninth, SoMiss is 10, and ECU and Tulane come in but I don't know who gets the higher seed. I am thinking ECU becasue of last night's win over Tulane which would make for a SLU-ECU game in Cincy with the winner moving on to play Memphis.

I'll go that far with the Big Dance seeds left up to you as noted above. I really like UAB right now. I said in an earlier post that Memphis beats them in Memphis but they win out the rest of the way.

i too have uab winning the conference.

i just hope final conference standings keeps us away from cincy in the brackets. i want nothing to do with cincy at home in the tourney. especially since they will be p'd about us beating them next weds nite. ;-)