OT: Brady Fired at LSU

kshoe

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3236726

I must admit I hate when coaches use on court success to immediately search for a better job or renegotiate their contracts for a better deal (like Brady did in 06) but it is brutal when you get fired less than 2 seasons after a Final 4 appearance at a school that is not a traditional basketball powerhouse.

that is ridiculous. of course we wont know, but i would bet a booster(s) was behind that.

a coach that has accomplished what brady did deserves more loyalty than that. unless he was caught cheating or putting the school in some sort of compromised position, to fire someone for just not winning two years after being in the final four but losing his center piece recruits early to the nba that would have both been seniors this year is crazy.

i guess the answer is dont recruit one and done kids.

that is ridiculous. of course we wont know, but i would bet a booster(s) was behind that.

a coach that has accomplished what brady did deserves more loyalty than that. unless he was caught cheating or putting the school in some sort of compromised position, to fire someone for just not winning two years after being in the final four but losing his center piece recruits early to the nba that would have both been seniors this year is crazy.

i guess the answer is dont recruit one and done kids.

They have a new administration down there. It is an easy way for them to put their stamp on the program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3236726

I must admit I hate when coaches use on court success to immediately search for a better job or renegotiate their contracts for a better deal (like Brady did in 06) but it is brutal when you get fired less than 2 seasons after a Final 4 appearance at a school that is not a traditional basketball powerhouse.

Just another example of ridiculously high, unreasonable expectations at SEC schools. The fans down there have to be the most reactionary people on the planet. It's a frightening culture that they normally reserve for football, but a recent taste of success across the board in basketball, and the win-at-all-costs-right-now-or-else mindset spills over into the gyms, too. Sorry for the rant, but the SEC is my least favorite conference (football and basketball first, partying second, academics a distant last).

Just another example of ridiculously high, unreasonable expectations at SEC schools. The fans down there have to be the most reactionary people on the planet. It's a frightening culture that they normally reserve for football, but a recent taste of success across the board in basketball, and the win-at-all-costs-right-now-or-else mindset spills over into the gyms, too. Sorry for the rant, but the SEC is my least favorite conference (football and basketball first, partying second, academics a distant last).

Maybe they could bring in Pokey Chatman to coach the men. They won't have to worry about her sleeping with anybody on the men's team.

I lived in the heart of SEC country for a while and sadly there is a lot of a truth in what you say.

I completely agree with that...with the one exception being Vanderbilt. They appear to be the only place that does care about academics. As you say, just recently has bball become big time in the minds of SEC fans. It's just gonna get worse.

I completely agree with that...with the one exception being Vanderbilt. They appear to be the only place that does care about academics. As you say, just recently has bball become big time in the minds of SEC fans. It's just gonna get worse.

Vandy is the 100% exception to the rule in the SEC. I have a lot of respect for Vanderbilt as a school and how they realigned athletics to show they mean business with academics. And they're a top 25 school in the academic rankings.