For No. 21 in the nation?

Yeah so I found this real interesting. I have season tix but as you can see by my profile - live in Chicago and work in Minneapolis each week. I have been selling my tix on stubhub and have sold GW and Fordham but couldn't sell the tickets to Rhody which I couldn't figure out b/c Rhody is ranked. St. Louis fans are confusing......

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

It is one of the dumber STL quirks. It makes newcomers to the area sometimes feel unwelcomed. It can make the area look small time and people think you are stuck wanting to relive your high school glories. I am saying that as a native who graduated from one of those schools.

I do really hope that people did get my sarcasm. Many of my friends from SLU who I still see all the time are SLUH or other private school graduates and I give them crap about this little quirk all the time.

As someone who was a transplant to the region, it did seem very odd but I came to understand it and found myself asking the same question. You can learn a lot about a person from their answer.

It is one of the dumber STL quirks. It makes newcomers to the area sometimes feel unwelcomed. It can make the area look small time and people think you are stuck wanting to relive your high school glories. I am saying that as a native who graduated from one of those schools.

Agree. That's why I never ask anyone that question.

Agree. That's why I never ask anyone that question.

It's interesting, because I thought it was only a St. Louis thing. I've been to a number of cities and lived in Chicago for 2 1/2 years after graduating from SLU (and growing up in St. Louis). In Chicago, no one cares about where other people went to high school- it's all college, especially Big Ten.

However, Cincinnati is guilty of the same thing as St. Louis. I moved here about 2 months ago. There are quite a few Catholic schools here, similar to St. Louis, and they make a huge deal of where you went. I would also say that high school sports in general are a bigger deal here, public or private, and get a surprisingly huge amount of coverage in the Cincinnati Enquirer's Sports section.

just because we sat behind the blue crew, do not automatically consider us frat material, i am a student however, and if the blue crew does not want to show up, then the better seats i get

Willie, a big thanks goes out to you and your mates for showing up last night, hope to see you back with more people on Sunday.

It's interesting, because I thought it was only a St. Louis thing. I've been to a number of cities and lived in Chicago for 2 1/2 years after graduating from SLU (and growing up in St. Louis). In Chicago, no one cares about where other people went to high school- it's all college, especially Big Ten.

However, Cincinnati is guilty of the same thing as St. Louis. I moved here about 2 months ago. There are quite a few Catholic schools here, similar to St. Louis, and they make a huge deal of where you went. I would also say that high school sports in general are a bigger deal here, public or private, and get a surprisingly huge amount of coverage in the Cincinnati Enquirer's Sports section.

This is evident by the number of people at SLU who came from schools in Cincinnati like ST. X. They all ask each other the same questions.

I've noticed that as well. We had a few guys in the fraternity who were always bragging about St. X, like any of us actually cared.

As for the Chicago-college thing, I guess it's the difference between living in a city that draws new residents from all over the country and one which draws very few but where many people never leave.

I've noticed that as well. We had a few guys in the fraternity who were always bragging about St. X, like any of us actually cared.

As for the Chicago-college thing, I guess it's the difference between living in a city that draws new residents from all over the country and one which draws very few but where many people never leave.

You make two good points there. It seems as if every college kid from the Midwest heads to Chicago after graduation. St. Louis and Cincy can't say the same thing. Then again, the high school thing doesn't mean as much in Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Detroit, Omaha, Kansas City, the Twin Cities or any other Midwestern city. Most of those have one big Jesuit school that tends to dominate sports-wise, but it isn't a big thing in the general populus and you don't get the "where'd you go to high school?" question. St. Louis and Cincy have a lot of Catholic schools, and the talent in sports and academics gets spread out a little more than in those other cities with their single powerhouse school. But good luck convincing a St. X guy of that.

I also heard SLUH guys in college still carry around that U-High pride and I was embarrassed for them. I still have pride in where I went to high school (and the Red Devils are putting together a nice season), but I'm not going to hit people in the face with it. Also, a word to SLUH guys: girls do not think your SLUH football helmet tattoo is sexy. Talk about arrested development.

I have to be careful with that, though. My girlfriend's brother has a big St. X tattoo on his back- an X with A M D G (you Jesuits should know what that stands for) in the spaces.

I also heard SLUH guys in college still carry around that U-High pride and I was embarrassed for them. I still have pride in where I went to high school (and the Red Devils are putting together a nice season), but I'm not going to hit people in the face with it. Also, a word to SLUH guys: girls do not think your SLUH football helmet tattoo is sexy. Talk about arrested development.

;)

just because we sat behind the blue crew, do not automatically consider us frat material, i am a student however, and if the blue crew does not want to show up, then the better seats i get

Willie, are you familiar with the "Booze Crew"

One 40oz of Ice Man before each game and you're in