i am ashamed to be a billiken fan....

this didnt even happen under brad.....what is going on?? brad didnt leave a team with nobodies on it....lisch and liddell are on this team still.....i surely think RM needs to just give TL and KL the ball and let them score whenever they can and let the other guys get whatever they can from theire passing and rebs...this is the worst i have ever seen SLU bball.....and i sometimes have been a shamed to be a billiken and i never came out and said it but today I AM ASHAMED TO BE A BILLKEN!

this didnt even happen under brad.....what is going on?? brad didnt leave a team with nobodies on it....lisch and liddell are on this team still.....i surely think RM needs to just give TL and KL the ball and let them score whenever they can and let the other guys get whatever they can from theire passing and rebs...this is the worst i have ever seen SLU bball.....and i sometimes have been a shamed to be a billiken and i never came out and said it but today I AM ASHAMED TO BE A BILLKEN!

While I am embarrassed about the fact that we only scored 20 points (and I was actually at the game) I would never say that I am ashamed to be a Billiken fan. I am a Billiken fan for life and anybody who says they are ashamed to be a Billiken after just one bad game is not a true fan anyway.

thebillikensfriend: If Majerus turns it around I would like to see to see your take on Billiken basketball at that time. Somehow I think it would be rather different.

While I am embarrassed about the fact that we only scored 20 points (and I was actually at the game) I would never say that I am ashamed to be a Billiken fan. I am a Billiken fan for life and anybody who says they are ashamed to be a Billiken after just one bad game is not a true fan anyway.

thebillikensfriend: If Majerus turns it around I would like to see to see your take on Billiken basketball at that time. Somehow I think it would be rather different.

it sure would be a different take but as of right now its not.....i am a true billiken, why cant i be ashamed to be a billiken fan?? we set the worst record possible in NCAA D1 wow....if asks u what college team u liked and u said SLU billikens...u know what response u would get??? ohhh hahah didnt they just set an all time low for points scored in a college bball game....not good dont question my fanhood to the billikens

it sure would be a different take but as of right now its not.....i am a true billiken, why cant i be ashamed to be a billiken fan?? we set the worst record possible in NCAA D1 wow....if asks u what college team u liked and u said SLU billikens...u know what response u would get??? ohhh hahah didnt they just set an all time low for points scored in a college bball game....not good dont question my fanhood to the billikens

Even though that was written like a text message from my 15-year-old sister, I'll do my best:

Being a SLU fan through this debacle, before, and especially after it is way more impressive to me than saying you're a Yankees fan, Patriots (or any Boston team) fan, Duke fan, etc. It says you don't just jump on a bandwagon and root for the best teams in the country because they are the easiest to cheer for because they get the most publicity. It says you support your local team or alma mater no matter what. It says you have the guts to look people in the eyes and admit that you are a fan of a team that isn't the most popular team around, and doesn't even get the most press in its own local newspaper.

Being true blue for this program takes a strong stomach and decades of patience, but if SLU basketball becomes what it potentially can become under a guy like Rick, then it will feel very good to be able to tell people that I was there as a SLU fan all along.

The Billiken's Friend isn't. Never has been.

I've received 4 phone calls and 3 emails from "buddies" who know I'm a big Bills fan. Can't wait until I go to happy hour tonight and take some more grief. Grin it and bear it is my advice, and remember "he who laughs last laughs the loudest." That said, I may have cursed them as I wore this one old Billiken polo I have. I wore it during the A-10 tourney loss to St. Joes and last years loss to GW in the tourney. It's going to be retired. I'm not even donating it to Goodwill as I'm afraid someone else might accidently wear it on the day of a Bills game.

Even though that was written like a text message from my 15-year-old sister, I'll do my best:

Being a SLU fan through this debacle, before, and especially after it is way more impressive to me than saying you're a Yankees fan, Patriots (or any Boston team) fan, Duke fan, etc. It says you don't just jump on a bandwagon and root for the best teams in the country because they are the easiest to cheer for because they get the most publicity. It says you support your local team or alma mater no matter what. It says you have the guts to look people in the eyes and admit that you are a fan of a team that isn't the most popular team around, and doesn't even get the most press in its own local newspaper.

Being true blue for this program takes a strong stomach and decades of patience, but if SLU basketball becomes what it potentially can become under a guy like Rick, then it will feel very good to be able to tell people that I was there as a SLU fan all along.

Very well said Pistol i agree wholeheartedly.

Where is SLUSER???

I've received 4 phone calls and 3 emails from "buddies" who know I'm a big Bills fan. Can't wait until I go to happy hour tonight and take some more grief. Grin it and bear it is my advice, and remember "he who laughs last laughs the loudest." That said, I may have cursed them as I wore this one old Billiken polo I have. I wore it during the A-10 tourney loss to St. Joes and last years loss to GW in the tourney. It's going to be retired. I'm not even donating it to Goodwill as I'm afraid someone else might accidently wear it on the day of a Bills game.

Yes, I think you should burn the shirt, bury the ashes and perform a Native American burial ceremony to eliminate harmful spirits and negative energy.

Sports Authority in Town & Country has some nice SLU polos - I could send you a new one!

Yes, I think you should burn the shirt, bury the ashes and perform a Native American burial ceremony to eliminate harmful spirits and negative energy.

Sports Authority in Town & Country has some nice SLU polos - I could send you a new one!

I was going to wrap it around a rock and drop it off Charleston's new bridge on the way to work. However, I was scared the EPA might nab me for polluting the river. Burning is probably the best answer, but you got that ALGORE global warming thing to consider. Burying it in the marsh down here might be the best solution.

The game was horrific to watch, but the only positive I take from it is that they played hard. I will give them that. I don't think they gave up. The Bills just couldn't hit a shot to save their lives. I'm just looking for any positives . . . .

The game was horrific to watch, but the only positive I take from it is that they played hard. I will give them that. I don't think they gave up. The Bills just couldn't hit a shot to save their lives. I'm just looking for any positives . . . .

I agree. They played hard and had pretty good defense much of the game. I've seen worse Billiken teams. Grawer's first and last years(although that did have Clagget, Highmark and Winfield). GW definately is a team we don't match up against. I've got faith in RM. He said it was going to be a tough year and he was short on talent. I think we'll show better the rest of the way. I also think we may win Saturday night. Even though we're down now, I've got more hope for the future of the program than I have since Spoon first arrived. The calvery is on the way, its just not going to get here until next season.