The Little Things

TheA_Bomb

I am wathcing the game via ESPN full court. One of the announcers (played for B.S. his sr. yr. at UW). He stated, "what is up with the Billikens uniforms it is such an early start I guess they didn't get a chance to press them." Every uniform looks like crap totally wrinkled. Being in the Army it bothers me even more than it probably would a civilian. UNCC has their uniforms pressed and they had to come in from the East Coast. Yet another little thing the AD has screwed up. Are we nit-picking? I don't think so it all adds up. If you are going to have a top notch program then everything associated with it should be top notch. Look at UofL the cheer-leaders, dance team, game atmosphere, marketing/promotions all top notch. We are not UofL but we aspire to be winners and need to make those steps.

My suggestions some earth-shattering things that we use in the Army that can revolutinize the program so that you don't forget the little things:

A checklist (amazing what putting everything that you have to do routinely down on a checklist will do if someone would go through and ensure that each objective has been met)

check shot-clock __X__

check basketball ball for promo. ___x___

watch set correctly so game begins as scheduled __x___

uniforms ironed ___x___

buses scheduled ___x___

public announcement of SMS trip qued ___x___

N-hour sequence this is a sequence of events that is generic as well to everygame and it involves backwards planning, the game starts at 7 what needs to happen 24 hrs. out 12 hrs. out etc etc. Follow that standardize it and you won't go wrong.

I'm sure to you civilians out there those two things are foriegn and before their time but take them as a bi-product of our military-industrial-complex (we are always on the cutting edge). US Army "Hey, we are here to help." (that should be our new motto)

I've noticed it numerous times ... again lack of attention to detail ... they look like crap and that is the norm not the exception. Like A-Bomb maybe just my Military background ... but my brother who is moving up from Tex. and I discussed it during the game. They need to look presentable. Please somebody take pride and get the small details right.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman