Here is some good news, SIUC is coming to town and that means a win

brianstl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brian, is the meth a higher cost and quality in jeffco as compared to the carbondale/murphysboro/marion area?

i think determining the cost and quality of the chief manufactured product of each is important to be able to really compare the benefits and downfalls of both.

I don't know that info. I may try to stop by some of the local trailer parks in jeffco and do a quick poll.

brian, is the meth a higher cost and quality in jeffco as compared to the carbondale/murphysboro/marion area?

i think determining the cost and quality of the chief manufactured product of each is important to be able to really compare the benefits and downfalls of both.

This coming from the guy who lives in Belleville.

This coming from the guy who lives in Belleville.

i dont think belleville is a meth town. more of a crack town is my understanding.

Having had the great pleasure of living in Carbondale, Belleville and JeffCO, I think the meth is probably of much higher quality in Jeffco, the appetite for it much higher in Carbondale and the number of dealers willing to sell it much higher in Belleville...

The fact that someone from Belleville could look down on anyone (unless it's a fountain in the middle of the road contest) makes me chuckle out loud. I happen to like JeffCo (at least what I know of my little enclave) almost as much as I liked Carbondale. Carbondale was much more convenient as far as shopping - the diversity and quality of restraints, etc... However, the lack of employment opportunities (unless you wanted to work in one of the restraints or shopping establishments) in Carbondale led me to move to metro STL.

The truth of the matter is - while the more clichéd of you will drag out your pictures of outhouses, pimped out monster trucks, women with missing teeth and men wearing nothing but overalls - the citizens of Belleville, JeffCo and Carbondale are virtually identical. The vast majority of them think alike, act alike and care nothing about Billiken basketball alike. :rolleyes:

I don't know about you - but I'm ready to see some toothless goobers sitting in front of a shack wielding shotguns and playing banjos! I think I'll walk my dog. :lol:

Hey, I want in on this too! I've lived in St. Louis, Cleveland, Columbia MO. When i make fun of somewhere, it's like Glass Houses 101. Still, St. Louis is hard to beat for sheer guffaws. Check out the picture today in the post of the St. Louis funeral director pouring an enormous bucket of water onto a huge blood stain in front of his funeral parlor / animal control facility. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh....

Not too many because I didn't think many of the SIU-c fans could read and/or type?

Many Saluki fans are logging onto SalukiSlop.com on the go these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge spike in volume on Billikens.com over the next few days.

Posted Image

Don't speak that way about God's Country.

Hey brianstl

Was this you:

Brian (St. Louis): How long till the SLU players figure out Majerus's system?

Kyle Whelliston: (4:20 PM ET ) We both know Coach Majerus isn't going to mince any words, and he doesn't see much hope in the current roster... he's waiting for his bigtime recruits to come in next summer. As for this winter... ummm, are the Blues any good?

Should be a good game. Both teams are in a rough patch and SLU always plays tSIU tough at home. I'm hoping our St. Marys win is the start of something good.

Hey brianstl

Was this you:

Should be a good game. Both teams are in a rough patch and SLU always plays tSIU tough at home. I'm hoping our St. Marys win is the start of something good.

It was. I feel a lot better about this team than Kyle, but I am always optimistic about the Bills. I just think the system will set in when they get to practice it some. I think we need this game much more than you guys. We need something positive right now.

Hey brianstl

Was this you:

The SMC game was a big win for you guys. SMC is a very good basketball team. I was disappointed that the game wasn't on TV.

It was. I feel a lot better about this team than Kyle, but I am always optimistic about the Bills. I just think the system will set in when they get to practice it some. I think we need this game much more than you guys. We need something positive right now.

We've pretty much used up our allotment of OOC losses. We need this one bad also. Should be a good one, although I don't think it will be webcast so I'll probably end up listening to the radio broadcast on the internet.

Better news for SLU fans is that Kent State is not coming to town.

Is the SLU Brain Trust starting to see why 47 Utah players left the program under the reign of your illustrious coach?

BTW, I watched the Thompson brat (he is REALLY soft) get schooled by a 6-7 player from Mounds Meridian the other night, it won't take long for him to get run out of town by Mr. Personality.

Sorry you can't recruit St. louis.

We've pretty much used up our allotment of OOC losses. We need this one bad also. Should be a good one, although I don't think it will be webcast so I'll probably end up listening to the radio broadcast on the internet.

It is on ESPNU, which I think means it is also on espn360.com.

Better news for SLU fans is that Kent State is not coming to town.

Is the SLU Brain Trust starting to see why 47 Utah players left the program under the reign of your illustrious coach?

BTW, I watched the Thompson brat (he is REALLY soft) get schooled by a 6-7 player from Mounds Meridian the other night, it won't take long for him to get run out of town by Mr. Personality.

Sorry you can't recruit St. louis.

There is one of my favorite SIUC fans. I would like to congraluate you on having no players are coaches getting convicted or pleading guilty to criminal charges recently. I would, also, like to thank Lowery for admitting that you guys play thug ball and crap basketball.

http://salukitalk.com/st/viewtopic.php?t=1...fb8444295f1d8e7

Our Billikens lack toughness. We have returned to the finesse days of Grawer where our guys need a game called a certain way to succeed. We have returned to the not so glorious days when we would play Missourit State and Carbondale close at home and get killed on the road in their venues. Our fans would then cry about the refs. This happened under Grawer and returned with Romar and Brad. The exception was when Charlie (former MVC superstar coach) instilled toughness in our team. Sure Spoon had talented guys like H, Claggett and Highmark, but we also he toughened these guys up and also had tough guys like Jeff Harris, Heinrich, Tatum, Eric Jones who did what what was necessary. We had depth and used most of our fouls to wear down and foul out other teams. When's the last time another team's better players sat the bench because of foul trouble?? I cannot recall.

Over the years, our guys started bulking up and eventually could go toe-to-toe with the likes of Cincy and its thugs. Can anyone imagine how many years it would take BH, AK, DM, DB (and before them JJ and IV) need to mature/redshirt/develop in order to match up to the old teams under Bobby Huggins ?? - Answer: never. As good as TL is, he reminds me of another talented, finesse guys (Monroe Douglas) who would be mugged by Spoon's SMS Bears only to turn and cry to the refs while Spoon's Bears dribbled the open court for a lay-up increasing their their to double digits.

Looking forward to Conklin and John. If RM type players are anything like Spoon's, bring them on.

This is an interesting obervation. Spoon had some teams that had four bigs - Heinrich, Tatum, Baniak and Braun. While none of them were stars, they did give us a lot of size and some toughness. We had a lot of fouls to play with and we weren't afraid to play a physical game. I'd take that front line to go along KL and TL. Sodie left us with a roster of AK and Bryce as our only two bigs. And some people can't figure out why we might struggle at times.