Richard Anderson

Majerus Magic

Marcel Taylor-Smith could have had a nice career at Career Academy.

Instead, he's at his third high school in three years and has reclassified as a junior to help his basketball career.

Taylor-Smith and Kenny Harris are two kids who had potentially bright futures who made bad decisions.

Harris was a starter at Soldan as a freshman, then transferred to Vashon as a sophomore and hardly played. Then he transferred to Gateway Tech and was ruled ineligible after playing in a few games. Now he's a senior and he's barely played varsity ball in the last two seasons.

- Nate

Not to mention Kenny made Eagles after his freshman year. How many Soldan guys have done that? He made it this past summer, so obviously he still play. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

After finishing Rick's book I feel that Anderson may not be the type of plyer Majerus' likes to coach. Anderson is surely talented but could he handle Majerus the taskmaster? At this point that is doubtful.

I try never to post online anymore but I will say this......Marcel Taylor-Smith does not have grade issues. He did not play at Vashon his junior year because MSHSAA said he was recruited. He could graduate this year and qualify if he gets the right offer. He is considering re-classing because when he missed his junior year it left him with no D-1 schools recruiting him, but almost all the schools who have been to our open gym over the last three weeks love his game.

I will also say that SLU is starting the recruiting process on Richard, and you shouldn't hold any of the negative stuff against him that you have heard about him while he was in SL. He is working his tail off and is now responding very well to his new, stricter environment. You are going to find with Richard he just needed to be challenged.

I try never to post online anymore but I will say this......Marcel Taylor-Smith does not have grade issues. He did not play at Vashon his junior year because MSHSAA said he was recruited. He could graduate this year and qualify if he gets the right offer. He is considering re-classing because when he missed his junior year it left him with no D-1 schools recruiting him, but almost all the schools who have been to our open gym over the last three weeks love his game.

I will also say that SLU is starting the recruiting process on Richard, and you shouldn't hold any of the negative stuff against him that you have heard about him while he was in SL. He is working his tail off and is now responding very well to his new, stricter environment. You are going to find with Richard he just needed to be challenged.

I am pretty sure that Coach Flournoy is correct about Taylor-Smith. I rember hearing that last year. Thank you for the info on him and Anderson.

How are the other STL transfers looking, Nino Williams. 2010, Justin Keener 2009? Did Ameechie Baldwin come? If not where is he?

The Saint Louis Kids are doing well. The first week or two was tough for a couple of them because it a different way of life but all 4 seem to be doing very well now. We have had over 18 D-1 schools in the last two weeks visit our open gym and if all 4 keep working hard they will all get D-1 scholarships.

Now a good update on the Willie front. He had 13 dunks in two fall league games today against Lincoln Prep and Westport. 5 of them were 3 point plays. He is really learning how to play physical, but the best number he had this week was a 96 on his English test. You will also be glad to know that by his request he asked for me to let all college's that come in know that he is commited and does not want to talk to any of them. In fact we got invited to take our team to the Nebraska Football game and he did not want to go.

Now a good update on the Willie front. He had 13 dunks in two fall league games today against Lincoln Prep and Westport. 5 of them were 3 point plays. He is really learning how to play physical, but the best number he had this week was a 96 on his English test. You will also be glad to know that by his request he asked for me to let all college's that come in know that he is commited and does not want to talk to any of them. In fact we got invited to take our team to the Nebraska Football game and he did not want to go.

Awesome! How's his free-throw shooting? Is he a shot-blocker? When he blocks shots, does he bat them out of play or keep them in play? It's been a while since SLU's had anyone like this.

Awesome! How's his free-throw shooting? Is he a shot-blocker? When he blocks shots, does he bat them out of play or keep them in play? It's been a while since SLU's had anyone like this.

i know it would be good to keep them in play but I hope he bats them out. That intimidation is worth it

great recruiting class for 2008. If Majerus lets that 4th scholarship open and he was able to land Griffey, Allen, and Anderson, that would be a ridiculously great class. Who would you guys want the 4th member to be? An out of area stud?

He had 8 blocks and 10 blocks. The best one was when we were coming out of a timeout....I can't coach our team till October 8th by MCSAA rules. The guy who coached does not have a concept of how fast to get players out of the timeouts yet. So they inbounded the ball while our guys were still by the other bench. Willie used those long legs to run down the guard from half court and block his shot into the stands.

He had 8 blocks and 10 blocks. The best one was when we were coming out of a timeout....I can't coach our team till October 8th by MCSAA rules. The guy who coached does not have a concept of how fast to get players out of the timeouts yet. So they inbounded the ball while our guys were still by the other bench. Willie used those long legs to run down the guard from half court and block his shot into the stands.

4 words.

Willie. is. my. DAWG.

I love his game, I think he's going to be my favorite player for 3 years, after Kevin and Tommie leave, of course.

It's hard to say at this point. We start practice on the 8th, but Marcel has a great shot. I like his size and range 6'6 220 at the three. We also have a sophomore who had over 900 points in 45 games last season as a freshman that has a great shot. Really the 5th spot is up for grabs because we have 10 kids who will play college basketball.