Oh no, they are coming as a group

brianstl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sillybilly you need how to learn how to use the reply feature properly.

Are you really giving me trouble for giving the SIUC fans a hard time? This is nothing compared to what happens on other boards. You should read all the comments from them about Majerus or the general disdain they have for us and our program.

Alas, poor Sillybilly! I knew him, brianstl: a fellow

of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath

borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how

abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at

it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know

not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your

gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,

that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one

now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?

Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let

her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must

come; make her laugh at that. Prithee, brianstl, tell

me one thing.

See, you have to write in an academic style that a Saluki fan will understand. (That is, by the way, my original work. Really.)

That truck is GLORIOUS.

I heard they actually chartered this bus.

Posted Image

In-flight meal is Spaghettios® (re-labeled and sold as Fish ######®) and the movie is Overboard.

Actually, I heard they've upped there budget, and are now flying. These are the two carriers they're using... :-D

Low Cost Carrier Airline

Posted Image

Major Airline

Posted Image

Are you really giving me trouble for giving the SIUC fans a hard time? This is nothing compared to what happens on other boards. You should read all the comments from them about Majerus or the general disdain they have for us and our program.

My favorite jab recently about good 'ol Rick is that the general feeling around all parties involved is that Kuric will commit to Louisville just as long as Coach Majerus doesn't eat him during his trip to STL.

Quite funny isn't it??? Almost as funny some people on this board trying to portray C'dale as Redneck USA. I guess that is all SLU fans can rag on SIU about....since the Saluki's program is running circles around SLU's.

My favorite jab recently about good 'ol Rick is that the general feeling around all parties involved is that Kuric will commit to Louisville just as long as Coach Majerus doesn't eat him during his trip to STL.

Quite funny isn't it??? Almost as funny some people on this board trying to portray C'dale as Redneck USA. I guess that is all SLU fans can rag on SIU about....since the Saluki's program is running circles around SLU's.

I have read those comments in the Kuric thread and still never felt the need to post on your board about it. I feel confident enough in SLU and Majerus not to go complaining about how somebody else sees us on that school's board.

I have read those comments in the Kuric thread and still never felt the need to post on your board about it. I feel confident enough in SLU and Majerus not to go complaining about how somebody else see us on that school's board.

We could also rag on you guys about the consistent pattern of criminal behavior of your players or the fact that one of your asst. coaches took a plea on federal charges.

It only took them almost two decades to figure out they could get a discount as a group.

http://salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?t=16418

If you read the post they are trying to get a group together to purchase group tickets because they go on sale before single game tickets. They want better seats not cheaper seats.

Can we try and have positive billiken talk and not rip on other schools. have you guys ever visited another schools web site? They don't waste their time ripping other schools. They talk about their basketball program. I think that is how steve would prefer his board to run.

Thicks I hope Brian and his buddy have been warned as well. They are way more vulgar than I am.

If you read the post they are trying to get a group together to purchase group tickets because they go on sale before single game tickets. They want better seats not cheaper seats.

Can we try and have positive billiken talk and not rip on other schools. have you guys ever visited another schools web site? They don't waste their time ripping other schools. They talk about their basketball program. I think that is how steve would prefer his board to run.

Thicks I hope Brian and his buddy have been warned as well. They are way more vulgar than I am.

I guess you missed this part of the first post in the thread:

"Groups have to be 20 or more and lower level seats are $12, upper $6. It was just a thought, I dont know how many would want to do this or not. It would give a chance to reserve seats in advance of regular ticket sales and $12 for a lower bowl seat seemed pretty reasonable."

Maybe I was giving them to much credit to realize they would save a few bucks by buying group tickets. I just took the above to mean this guy figured it out.

"Groups have to be 20 or more and lower level seats are $12, upper $6. It was just a thought, I dont know how many would want to do this or not. It would give a chance to reserve seats in advance of regular ticket sales and $12 for a lower bowl seat seemed pretty reasonable."

Maybe I was giving them to much credit to realize they would save a few bucks by buying group tickets. I just took the above to mean this guy figured it out.

He was just saying how much tickets are the main concern is getting good tickets.

To answer an earlier question and get back to basketball.

The tigers are returning 4 starters from an 18 win team. They have added Carroll from Vanderbilt. He should help out with scoring and rebounding. Stefhon Hannah was at the top of the big 12 in scoring and assists. Matt Lawrence shot 44% from behind the arc and Keon Lawrence had a great second half. I admit Lyons and Brown are a little under sized and the tigers will have trouble on the boards. They are in the second year under coach anderson and should be more comfortable under his system.

Although I am expecting a rebound season from the bills I think they are a year away from making the tourney. Let's hope for a NIT bid. Hopefully we can get to the big dance for Lisch and Liddell's final season. I would hate for these 2 to never play in the tourney.

I love this debate. A bunch of people from Jeffco, St. Louis and St. Charles county trying to make fun of people for being hicks. Outside of parts of West County the whole St. Louis area is way worse than Carbondale.

I love this debate. A bunch of people from Jeffco, St. Louis and St. Charles county trying to make fun of people for being hicks. Outside of parts of West County the whole St. Louis area is way worse than Carbondale.

Um you sure about that? Please pass to the left

He was just saying how much tickets are the main concern is getting good tickets.

The tigers are returning 4 starters from an 18 win team. They have added Carroll from Vanderbilt. He should help out with scoring and rebounding. Stefhon Hannah was at the top of the big 12 in scoring and assists. Matt Lawrence shot 44% from behind the arc and Keon Lawrence had a great second half. I admit Lyons and Brown are a little under sized and the tigers will have trouble on the boards. They are in the second year under coach anderson and should be more comfortable under his system.

Although I am expecting a rebound season from the bills I think they are a year away from making the tourney. Let's hope for a NIT bid. Hopefully we can get to the big dance for Lisch and Liddell's final season. I would hate for these 2 to never play in the tourney.

Interior defense and rebounding killed them last year and now they no longer have Grimes. I do not think Carroll will be able to help their interior defense. If they can't rebound and don't have guards who force massive turnovers how will they be able to properly run Anderson offense?

Anderson's system really requires that he has that right kind of players to win and they don't have enough of them yet. The schedule has been beefed up and they can be drastically better and still have a hard time winning 18 games. I think they will be a better team than they were last year, but with no Grimes I would be surprised if they win more than 18 games. 18 wins are not going to get them in the tournament.

If you include the towns surrounding Carbondale, I wouldn't have an argument. Take a trip to the Wal Mart at 255 and Telegraph sometime and tell me south county isn't one of the worst places on the planet.

Saluki Guys. Break the game down for us. Why will SIU win? Discuss the matchups.

The Billikens also return four starters, and they won 20 games. Moreover, the tandem of Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch is better than the combination of Hannah and any other guard you want to team with him. Most of all, the Bills have a coach who's a proven tactician. I don't think either team is a lock for the 2008 NCAA Tournament, but I like the Bills' chances a little bit more than the Tigers'.

I agree about Hannah but his turnover rate was terrible. If they had a true point guard to help handle the ball then they would be in business. Dont say Horton. I also have to agree with Brian their interior defense and rebounding cost them a ton of games and losing Grimes wont break them but it will hurt. Carrol is a great pickup and will help immedietly but I dont think it will be enough. I am predicting them and SLU in the NIT, hopefully we will finally play each other