With apologies to Bernie......How others see us

i thought it was a little crazy where the tigerboard guy that inferred having a team of lowery recruits wouldnt be good enough to compete in the big 12.

last time i looked, siu did pretty well last year. a hell of a lot better than mizzou did. i dont like siu, but tigerfans cant question lowery success.

Is that some over there think we're getting their plan B guys. So, if MA comes up a cropper with their A list guys, we or SIU picked off their B list guys, how well are the C list guys going to do in the Big 12? Will they be able to beat Belmont or Steven Austin at home?

I think KU was the better than SIU last year and they did beat them on a nuetral court. I think A&M/SIU game would have been a hell of a game last year, but I would have gave the slight edge to the Salukis. I think Tatum on defense would have given Law fits.

"I think Tatum on defense would have given Law fits."

Law pretty much destroyed everybody who played him one on one last year and Tatum had the most trouble last year with taller guards who could shoot. The way to beat A&M was to put two guys on Law and hope the other shooters miss which is what happened to them in the tournament.

Don't bring up RPI. I discount that greatly. Been through that for years on this Board. The MVC and SIUC have mastered the art of obtaining a high RPI.

With that said, IMO, Texas A&M, Texas and Kansas were all better than SIUC last year.

SIU would finish maybe 5th or 6th in the Big 12. Remember SIU doesn't have the depth to compete against Big 12 schools in the regular season. The NCAA tourn. has a T.V. time out every min. that cancels that depth out. SIU uses smoke and mirrors to make themselves look like a great team. That gets exposed against better competition.

A quick question? Wouldn't SLU rather have Perry over John?