Matt Roth video

VTIME

"From the few clips I saw of DM in high school, I think this kid looks quicker from this one clip."

Goodness, how slow was DM in high school? Roth doesn't look especially quick, average at best to me. This is but one 2 minute clip.

Who was our last 3 point assassin? Claggett? If we surround this kid with talent, i think he would be a great fit. He took it off the dribble, spotted up, and has near NBA range. I haven't seen enough of DM to compare the two, but I liked what i saw from Roth.

I went a little overboard with the Maguire clone comment. I agree he has nba range and will be a huge asset IF we sign the athletes to go along with him. He will not make a recruting class, but he will be a great pick up.

Edit: Then again ive only read a few articles and have seen a 2 minute clip so what do I know.

You actually only saw about a 1 minute clip because of that bull$hit intro. :)

I say we bring Roth in - if he beats Maguire in the shuttle run we give his little brother a donor heart (just in case) and sign him up.

I think the key point in your post is the kid's range. There's a difference in how you defend a player who toes it up just behind the 3 point line and a player who regularly hits shots from 5 feet behind the arc. The whole floor opens up. Chris Lofton was my favorite guard to watch last year -- his range is ridiculous.