Taylor vs. Spinks (ot)

Anybody thing Corey has the power to compete with Taylor? Corey is a likeable guy, and I really want to see him win. He's smart (except for Judah 2) and know how to score. Let's hope it's a good one. A win could finally put Corey into a megadollar fight.

I think the undercard will feature roy vs. courtside and nate. The prefight banter has been great ;o) Looking forward to that one as well.

I think you are right. Btw have you watched the Oscar/Maywether fight. I went in thinking Maywether wins quite easily, but after watching the fight twice I'd have scored it 115-113 Oscar. Imo in that fight the punch stats didn't tell the story. I also believe that if the fight were to have went 3 more rounds Maywether would have won.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I did watch the fight. I agree, if it was a 15 round fight, PBF wins by a larger margin. I think the fight could have been scored 115-113 either way (I think the punch stats for this fight were especially deceiving). I don't know why DLH abandoned the jab (tired?), it was his most effective punch.

I'm a big Ricky Hatton fan (although his last 2 efforts haven't been great) and would love to see the Hitman mix it up with PBF. I think PBF wins because of his superior technical skill, but it would be fun to watch Hatton rough him up a little.

Pavlik v. Miranda is a heckuva fight this weekend. If anyone has HBO and has even the slightest bit of boxing interest, then this is a must watch fight. It's the undercard bout to spinks v. taylor.

I'll watch both fights. You know who I like is the kid from Wales Calzhege ... or something like that. I've seen him twice, I think he is on his way up. I like Hatton also, he wants to fight. I'm not a fan of dancing with the stars. Imo Maywether jumps in with a half a$$ed jab and bounces back out. I know it's boxing, but I don't like it. They make too much money not to fight. He spent 12 rounds and never even attempted to hurt Oscar. At the end of the fight, Oscar was still prettier ... therefore he won.

I'm a big Joe Calzaghe fan as well. He destroyed Jeff Lacy by landing over 1,000 punches. An arce kickin' to say the least. He has tied the record (i think) with 19 straight victorious title defenses. Calzaghe is at his prime and i think some would say he has about 1-2 more fights left before he starts to decline. He wants Hopkins or Taylor, but i think Kessler from Denmark would be an amazing fight.

Agreed re: PBF. That's why i like Hatton, he goes in there to fight (and he gets hammered at his small town English countryside pub with the locals when he's not training).

I like to watch fights twice, but there is no way in hell I can watch this one again. Imo all the judges got it wrong. I scored the fight

Who Cares 120

Spinks 108

Taylor 108

But for those who feel that Taylor won ... for the same reason I would assume you would feel Oscar won. Could you imagine a Spinks/Maywether fight, no one would ever throw a real punch.

Corey needs to cut out the facial expresions and the ring entrance. The jumping around at the end was stupid

Anybody who doesn't get knocked out acts like he won the fight, but Corey's celebration was pretty funny. Obviously nobody expected Corey to win, but after watching Taylor last night there's no way he's the 4th best pound for pound fighter in the world.

BTW, I think Larry Merchant is the worst announcer in all of sports.