Saint Louis

Tennessee

Illinois St.

Western Carolina

Wichita St.

No News Available.

D'Lancy Carter Scouting Report

No Scouting Reports Available.COLLEGE CHOICES INTEREST

from this we would have to assume Porter Moser knows more than we do; sometimes when I guy knows his job is on the line

he overworks his strengths; wouldn't it be nice if PM has another

big body for us?

It sounds like Carter is headed to St Bonny--at least that is the rumor on their boards. He is something like 6'9" 240. His numbers weren't very impressive this year, maybe around 5 pts & 4 rbs. He became a starter in Jan and his team went on something like a 10 game winning streak at that point. He is originally from the Belleville, IL area. He moved to Texas, maybe Houston area, something like soph year though. To me he seemed more like a backup center type than a starter.

I haven't seen Carter since he moved to Texas. He played for Belleville West HS, but he moved to Texas his senior year. He was not much of a factor at West, but he had a strong senior year in Texas. I remember he played for the St. Louis Falcons travel team. He is a space eater and a good defender. He won't generate many points. Yes, he will probably be a back up center.

We could use a kid like that for the next two years, no doubt about that. Not every kid on your roster is going to be a star or has to be one. This team could use a guy that can give you minutes with out killing you when BH and AK get in foul trouble and that will happen a lot. I would be happy if we got this kid this late in the process.

"Sight unseen, I would go with the high school player as opposed to a juco who didn't do much"

That would have been my answer in the Soderberg tenure. However, I don't know what RM's plan is with recruiting. Does he think he will get some high major players? Brandenburg, Thompson, Griffey? Who knows. But if that is the case, I'd rather have the JUCO. Therefore we don't have to take up 4 years with a player who may be below the new recruiting standard.

>"Sight unseen, I would go with the high school player as

>opposed to a juco who didn't do much"

>

>That would have been my answer in the Soderberg tenure.

>However, I don't know what RM's plan is with recruiting.

>Does he think he will get some high major players?

>Brandenburg, Thompson, Griffey? Who knows. But if that is

>the case, I'd rather have the JUCO. Therefore we don't have

>to take up 4 years with a player who may be below the new

>recruiting standard.

I see what you're saying. I should clarify my point. If they can another juco who can contribute like Eberhardt appears to be, I would go with the juco player. If it is a player like Carter who averaged 5 ppg in juco, I would rather go with a high school player.

Just compare Harrellson and IV, did you? What a joke. It is not even close. IV was raw and needed a ton of work, but had far superior skills than anything Harrelson has ever displayed. V that is just a joke of a comparison.

Hoopmasters has it down that D'Lancy Carter is going to St Bonny. Not really surprising and a good signing for St Bonny that really needs a lot of help. I don't think Carter was really more than a fallback if we missed on the other JUCOs being looked at. If nothing else, we should be able to at least follow Carter for the next two years and see if we really missed out or not.

>Just compare Harrellson and IV, did you? What a joke. It

>is not even close. IV was raw and needed a ton of work, but

>had far superior skills than anything Harrelson has ever

>displayed. V that is just a joke of a comparison.

Is it really that bad of a comparison? I think Harrellson could really contribute for SLU. At least a two-year starter, especially with Majerus's tutelage.

He may become a contributor. I am not sure about a two year starter. He doesn't have the skill set or the ability that IV has. He would have to give maximum effort every night and max out his ability. He has an upside no where near IV. I wouldn't take a four year risk on him if you think you can land better next year. I think that they will get much better talent next year than him.

>Just compare Harrellson and IV, did you? What a joke. It

>is not even close. IV was raw and needed a ton of work, but

>had far superior skills than anything Harrelson has ever

>displayed. V that is just a joke of a comparison.

IV's best year, he averaged 14pts and 7 rebs. Not exactly the stuff of legends. Josh can really shoot, bang down low. He has a nice jumphook. He already runs better than Ian. His upside is tremendous as he hasnt even been playing basketball that long. If he would've just waited to sign he'd be headed to a MUCH bigger school.