Um, this is new info....

http://newsbuckit.blogspot.com/2007/04/ric...oaching-to.html

-------

Rick Majerus returning to coaching, to be named SLU head coach at 2:00pm today

a post written by Patrick Ishmael

Posted Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 12:49 PM

Update regarding announcement time @ 1:04pm: The announcement may occur between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. Things are still a bit in limbo, but the announcement will, regardless, be today.

----

Rick Majerus, former Marquette and Utah head coach, will be coaching for SLU as related to me by a very reliable source from within the SLU administration. It's great news of my alma mater; he's a great land, especially since he'll be here right as a brand new, multi-purpose arena is finished. Chaifetz will be rocking very soon....

More information forthcoming. Stay tuned.

Labels: Rick Majerus, saint louis university

I can verify that this is an actual person, not another alias for Metz. I think he was in the business school the same time I was, and was also a member of the class of 2005. He seemed to be very involved in campus activities and student government, but I didn't know the guy personally. I would imagine he knows a lot of people around DuBourg, but so do a lot of other people and we've heard so many different stories.

That said, I sure hope he's right. I wonder how many people he thinks read his blog- not the most public place in the world to post news.

from the same blog:

"Update @ 1:45pm: The SLU Dancers will be meeting in 15 minutes for the announcement. That may mean the announcement will be at 2:00pm, or that they're getting together to go to it. Suffice to say, it's unlikely they'd gather them up for nothing."

Maybe the SLU dancers are just trying to woo a certain werewolf. I certainly didn't know they were so integral to the yet unannounced PC.

Where's that glass of crown royal, this just gets more comical...

I bet this guy has never got so much traffic on his blog before. Probably doesn't know what hit him.

--

Update @ 3:54pm: Hey fellow Bills fans. At the moment, I am "that guy."

I haven't heard back from my sources as to what the deal is with Majerus, but I'll pass that along as soon as I know. Given that there have been a number of false starts regarding this announcement by multiple news outlets over the last week, I am not entirely surprised that I my information was not perfect.

That said, my information came from multiple sources, which have been very reliable in the past. I'll update this post when there's finality to this situation, whatever it might be.

Thanks for dropping by.