CUSA departees - no exit fees for required games

According to today's Tampa Tribune the five C-USA schools leaving for the Big East will not have to pay any exit fees; rather they will schdule non-conference basketball and football games with C-USA teams. I would imagine this is the same deal for SLU and Charlotte (but the Tampa paper would only be concerned with the Big East):

"Instead of paying an exit fee to C-USA, the five schools agreed to play an undetermined number of future football and basketball games against C-USA schools starting in 2005-06 to help C-USA offset lost television revenue generated by marquee basketball programs Louisville, Cincinnati and Marquette.

The Big East and C-USA will agree on those future games. ".

Marquette and the other 4 schools will still have to pay large Big East entry fees ($2.5 million each to be spread over 5 years).

They have to play Tulane and the like. I'm sure they'll all want to play Memphis and maybe UAB but after that its slim pickings.

I doubt we will be forced to dp the same because they didn't even want us in the conference after the other 5 left.

I think the fact the big East group has to play a couple games against CUSA makes it more unlikely they will continue to play us non-conference. 16 conference games plus 2 or so CUSA games doesn't leave a whole bunch. Hopefully I am wrong as I would enjoy playing anybody but South Florida.

Hopefully I am wrong

>as I would enjoy playing anybody but South Florida.

Anyone but South Florida. Are you insane??? 1 word: Sundolls! If attendence keeps dropping at the Sun Dome I hear USF will be installing brass polls on the sidelines.

The situation with the exiting members is similar to what SLU, MU and DePaul had to do with Dayton when they were left out of CUSA. I wonder too if it will only be remaining CUSA members or new members as well. If the latter is the case then you have some potentially attractive opponents in Tulsa and SMU.

Did anyone else see that the new members of the BE have to pay entry fees into that league!!!!!!!!!

If I was cincy I would make the BE pay us not the other way around. I don't get how the BE can ask these schools to come into the league and then charge them to do so. That is ridiculous. I hope SLU does not have that kind of deal with the A-10 although our situation is slightly different.

I mean the BE needs these CUSA teams to stay viable. If not for them they would have no chance at being a BCS conference and lose alot of prestige in college basketball. I can't believe Cincy and L'Ville would pay to join the league.