Former Coaches

bauman

Seems the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You should log onto Rebel.net on the Insiders Message Board--the nicest thing they call Spoon is "the old man" and it goes straight downhill from there. Vegas sure didn't take to him like St. Louis and Sfd. All the speculation is that he can't wait for the year to be over so he can get the he!! out of there and most posters can't wait for him to be gone. Charlie just isn't a Vegas type of guy. Couple that with Romar's problems at UW and it sure make a good case for Brad to drop anchor here.

To paraphrase Thicks, "Rich, you are a bitter man." Inspite of the callin show idiots who think they know what managing a major league team of overpaid prima donnas is all about, LaRussa is widely respected as one of the best managers in the game who always has our team in the race despite J D Drew, F Vina and a bunch of sore arm pitchers.

All Martz has done is have the best record in the NFC over his period of time as Head Coach. Can you say Big Red and early Rams days? How quickly we forget.

Sorry, I forgot you were a Cowboys fan. It is amazing that a SEMO grad who sells insurance somehow thinks he knows how to run a major league baseball and NFL football team. I will give you that Martz and LaRussa know less about insurance than you but not the other way around.

You've never questioned LaRussa's changing pitchers or Martz's sometimes zany play calling? If you answer no, I'm calling you a bald faced liar. If you want to give credit to LaRussa for his handling of a pitching staff there are some good stories there like Andy Benes' last season on the team. There's also Ankiel(sp?)

Martz, while somewhat successful, is in a category unto himself for bonehead plays. I'd have a hard time coming up with an argument to defend him.

Both Martz and LaRussa would be slaughtered by the media in any east coast community. Can you imagine Larussa working for the Yankees? He wouldn't need to unpack his bags.

PS I don't know diddly about managing a professional sports team but I don't seem to recall that being a prerequisite to talk about it. I'm also sorry that my educational background is suspect enough for you to bring up. They don't require a great deal of logic and philosophy in the core curriculum at Semo but I feel that even you could learn basic reasoning and discernment there.

Go Cowboys!

Maryland Heights Rich, don't let Martz's record influence your well-reasoned judgment. Be like the idiot callers on KFNS who think one or two isolated instances should form the basis of a judgment on the ability of a MLB or NFL mgr./coach. There is a lot more to managing something than a few questionable decisions whether in business or sports, that why they call it MANAGEMENT. While I don't agree with every decision made by TL or MM, that doesn't mean they should be fired. Who is going to come in and do better? I think we need to appreciate what we have-two very good LEADERS of our teams.