Why I don't like Mizzou

kshoe

I grew up in Louisville Kentucky and nothing is bigger in the state of Kentucky than UK basketball. The Louisville Courier Journal and all local TV stations lead with UofL basketball and football. Even in some of the down Crum years they were always the lead story. When they play each other the Louisville perspective is the one played first.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on past reputation only is oklahoma superior to dayton. these days it appears oklahoma is struggling to be an also ran and wont even see the nit. dayton meanwhile is headed to the ncaa and a probable nice seed. sorry, you are wrong on that one.

first off, remember rankings mean nothing to the committee. they go by rpi. i dont think ou's rpi was anywhere near the false rating the polls were giving them. second, the view of whether it was a good or bad win will be viewed with hindsight in march. they wont care that the polls had falsely overated the sooners 3 months before. now if the reason ou was falling on their faces was that a key player or two all at once were out or a coach gets sick (pitino) they have said they would consider that, but ou is not going to be any more positive for the tigers than what butler is for us.

both programs probably assumed those would be key games, now they both look like dog games.

texas tech showed last night they are pretty close to the best team in the big 12. that wasnt a very good analogy.

you are naive if you believe the selection committee chairman will sit with ole fudge packer on selection sunday and defend missouri getting in the tourney with their one quality win being a win vs 8th place big 12 old has been oklahoma. if missouri gets in, they are going to have to beat kansas, texas, texas tech, ok state etc. not a bottom 6 team that was overanked due to past history. now if ou turns it around and finishes in the top 4, that is different. but that doesnt look like it is going to happen. they are tanking it worse than the tigers.

oh i still believe that. i think they are better than indiana right now. who would start for the billikens from indiana? is bracey wright better than bryant? no. are either leach or sean kline better than frericks? no. is aj moye better than chris sloan? no. is is strickland or perry better than josh fisher? no. indiana wouldnt finish in the top 8 of conference usa this year.

well dont bet the farm on a wins vs indiana, iowa or oklahoma getting you in the tourney this year. they are not quality wins.