The Locker Room Buzz

The buzz in the locker room is the Bills are recruiting Scott Howard out of Beacon Town. This kid is supposed to be a do it all type player for the Beacon Town High Beavers. The staff recently recieved a tape of the kid. Brad said the kid is just a monster out there on the court. On the down side they are having to deal with a street agent named Styles.

I couldn't find the kids stats, but I did find this picture:

http://www.movie-montage.com/images/upload/1063.jpg

Styles was the original street agent.

We should get our players to stand behind the basket and taunt the opposition while they shoot free throws, like Mick did to Teen Wolf.

I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but I was at a bar in Greenwich Village a few years ago on a Saturday afternoon. It was raining out, and the Yankees or Mets game was delayed. The TV coverage switched from the baseball game over to Teen Wolf during the delay, and there were two septuagenarians sitting at the bar watching it on a small television. They sat there, drinking their beers, not saying a word the entire time, when one of them finally says to the other, "What I don't understand is why he's better at basketball when he's a wolf." Freaking hilarious.

Just got off the the phone with Beacon Town's version of Vtime, Btime. He said that Styles is now trying to pedal Howard, his cousin Todd Howard, and some guy named Merf as a package deal. His cousin is said to be a decent basketball player, but probably will end up being a better college boxer. I think the Merf kid is pretty out of shape.

The problems we've experienced recruiting werewolves are numerous and well-documented:

- One werewolf was interested in an engineering major that SLU doesn't offer.

- Many werewolves who go to JUCOs do not have enough credits to transfer to SLU.

- There was that one werewolf who went to summer school, only to be told that he still could not transfer to SLU. He burst into tears in Rich Grawer's office and then destroyed a chicken coop.

- There was a werewolf at DeSmet whose defense wasn't good enough for Brad and another at Jennings who just wasn't ready for DI basketball in the eyes of our then-coach.

- There was a werewolf who's dad personally drove him all the way to SLU from Mt. Vernon to ask Spoon for a scholly. That werewolf is now SIU's all-time leading scorer.

- Another werewolf from Valley Park ended up having a great career at Villanova.

The Valley schools have been kicking our butts in terms of werewolf recruiting.

Make sure the new arena includes a state of the art dog run.

Play up the fact that St. Louis is the home to both Nestle/Purina and the Dog Museum.

Make sure the campus has plenty of play toys.

Tell them they will be allowed to chase the mini-basketballs into the stands during timeouts.

Three words: Campus Dog Park

Tell them St. Louis is loaded with b*****s in heat.

http://cbs2.com/watercooler/watercooler_story_094024554.html

Are you sure it wasn't a coyote? (I've actually eaten at this Quizno's)

SLU is clearly falling behind in Coyote recruiting. My favorite part of the story is that while a wild animal is a few feet away customers still finished their sandwiches and snapped cell phone pictures of the coyote. SLU needs that kind of fearless attitude in its recruits.(perhaps the Quizno's employees and customers are unsigned?)